Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 394 of 462 FirstFirst ... 294 344 384 392 393 394 395 396 404 444 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,850 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Indeed - it was mainly an improperly described listing. Clearly not a King signature. In looking up the PSA DNA ID it is an authentic signature of Chloe Morentz, who is an Anerican Actress that played the role of Carrie in the latest remake.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Autopen, and oversized, signatures. Not to mention they're mirror images of each other:

Insomnia and Desperation

[IMG][/IMG]

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Another example of misdirection.

Whenever a seller posts a bunch of information about Stephen King in their listing, it's like jingling keys in front of a baby...hoping to distract the buyer from noticing the forgery or other issues.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    Autopen, and oversized, signatures. Not to mention they're mirror images of each other:

Insomnia and Desperation

Great post.

Both signatures look right....but a bit too big.

Thank you for posting this.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

Insomnia and Desperation

[IMG][/IMG]
    Great post.

I've already contacted the seller who said "thank you. if I can run some signatures by you at some point, i wld greatly appreciate it. im not educated on the matter, just acqiuire book, etc. from different sources. need as much education as I can get"

Bullshit.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

Insomnia and Desperation

[IMG][/IMG]
    Great post.

I've already contacted the seller who said "thank you. if I can run some signatures by you at some point, i wld greatly appreciate it. im not educated on the matter, just acqiuire book, etc. from different sources. need as much education as I can get"

Bullshit.
    Those have been relisted. We discussed them earlier.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1051956
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Insomnia and Desperation

[IMG][/IMG]
    Excellent pick-up, Colin. I've messaged the seller - if eBay won't do anything, sometimes it's nice to at least let the seller know there's worldwide eyes watching their horseshit...

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Since the Sellers to avoid like the plague thread is closed I will just put this here.

Avoid 808southseasimports I have been looking for 'The Ill-Made Knight' book 3 in the Sword in the Stone series for quite some time. Seller posted one a month or so ago and I watched it go with no bids twice so he posted it lower with an OBO. I offered and we agreed on a price.

The Description for the Auction is as follows:
    "BOTH THE BOOK AND THE DJ IN NEAR FINE CONDITION. PLEASE LOOK AT ALL OF THE PHOTOS. PRICE UNCLIPPED.

WE CAN COMBINE SHIPPING.

E WILL BE LISTING MORE BOOKS FROM THE PACIFIC BOOK HOUSE COLLECTION.

THEIR IS A BOOK PLATE INSIDE FRONT COVER.

THE ILL - MADE KNIGHT. BY T. H. WHITE. G. P. PUTNAMS SONS, NEW YORK. 1940."

I received the book to find that someone opened the DJ cover that was on it (You can see where the tape was removed in Picture 1), removed the real DJ, scanned it and printed out a fake on normal 8.5 x 11 paper. Taped it together since it wasn't long enough and sold it with the fake. I opened a return and now they will not believe me that it is a fake no matter how many photos I send him of the poorly cut edges (see photo 2) and tape going up the back of the "DJ" (photo 3).
    There just happened to be no photos of the section where you can tell it over laps from the outside (photo 2) on the listing so I assumed everything else looked fine then it must be okay.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There was a 'sellers to avoid' thread? That would be very helpful. Was it a liability issue?
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post

Insomnia and Desperation

[IMG][/IMG]
    Excellent pick-up, Colin. I've messaged the seller - if eBay won't do anything, sometimes it's nice to at least let the seller know there's worldwide eyes watching their horseshit...
    I sent them a message saying those sigs were not legitimate. Not sure if that helped but the listings have been removed again.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    There was a 'sellers to avoid' thread? That would be very helpful. Was it a liability issue?
    http://www.thedarktower.org/Book-Dealers-eBay-sellers-dt.org-buyers-sellers-to-Avoid-like-the-Plague

It's probably locked by accident.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thread is unlocked.

On the fake DJ, just dispute the claim. If it's not noted as a reproduction, then it is simply fake. Nothing more needs be said (to ebay).

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Thread is unlocked.

On the fake DJ, just dispute the claim. If it's not noted as a reproduction, then it is simply fake. Nothing more needs be said (to ebay).
    Creepy thing is apparently you can do a records request on people and it will give you their phone number. So the seller tried calling me today... So far he has messaged me through eBay and called me but will not update the case with information. So every time I receive something i just paste it into the case.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Thread is unlocked.

Creepy thing is apparently you can do a records request on people and it will give you their phone number. So the seller tried calling me today... So far he has messaged me through eBay and called me but will not update the case with information. So every time I receive something i just paste it into the case.
    eBay provides the seller your phone number.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Normally I love the old school method of a simple phone call, but in this case, I'd not answer. A VM can help you know what the seller is considering, but since you were not offered a straight refund/return, it would behoove you to have everything documented in short, specific, and non-emotional emails

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I honestly believe the seller thinks it's a 1st Edition.

Sad...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232320986717

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Sad...

Bless their eager little delusional minds...
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Country
    Country Flag

Sad...

"Hairline Tear" ? Ummmm, that tear pretty much ruins that dust jacket. A shame, it was a nice BCE otherwise.

WTB:

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Sad...

"Hairline Tear" ? Ummmm, that tear pretty much ruins that dust jacket. A shame, it was a nice BCE otherwise.
    Looks like that seller has a lot of BCEs of King. All of them are hilariously priced as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Sad...

Looks like that seller has a lot of BCEs of King. All of them are hilariously priced as well.
    I sent them a message telling them those are BCEs and here is the reply I just got....

"oh bummer! that's cool! I appreciate the help! I'll adjust the listings!"

Country
    Country Flag

Sad...

I sent them a message telling them those are BCEs and here is the reply I just got....

"oh bummer! that's cool! I appreciate the help! I'll adjust the listings!"
    Any guesses on the adjusted price? Now for the one time low price of 999.99 plus shipping.

WTB:

Country
    Country Flag

You too could have this rare CD Doubleday set, present and forthcoming titles, for the one time low price of 6000. But wait, there's more. You get these extra 'Cemetery Dance' editions of Revival, Bazaar of Bad Dreams, Hodges trilogy, etc. But wait again, more still. You also get the Cemetery Dances edition of Thinner.

Alright, all joking aside, it is a large handful of books (around 26 per the listing) and nice books indeed. Some of which, admittingly, I'd love to have. I just cringe when things are misrepresented like that. Also, I think I saw this previously at some point around 2500? I thought it had sold, but I suppose it didn't. Just surprised it's now listed at 6k.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192170914254

WTB:

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts on this one? I have an extra EOW case and thought I might put a signed book in it...

SIGNED EOW

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Thoughts on this one? I have an extra EOW case and thought I might put a signed book in it...

SIGNED EOW
    real
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 394 of 462 FirstFirst ... 294 344 384 392 393 394 395 396 404 444 ... LastLast