Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 379 of 462 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 377 378 379 380 381 389 429 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,475 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    I posted this a week ago and most of us don't like it.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1010962

It's also strange that last week it was at $70 with one pre-auction bid and it's now at $70 with two bids.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

It's also strange that last week it was at $70 with one pre-auction bid and it's now at $70 with two bids.
    Well, I used "highly suspect" because it's the new Politically Correct way to say it's fake. I've learned from past experiences (and others here have as well), that we can't just outright say it's a forged or fake without hurting someones feelings or making some people upset (mostly the forger of the forged copy).

So, I've learned to say "highly suspect" or "In my Opinion, the book being offered is highly suspect".

For the newbies here at DT you will need to search through the threads to get a better understanding of the attacks DT took from time to time when we would point out a forged (oop's, sorry) "Highly Suspect" copy.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The seller has no winning legal recourse for us saying a book is a forgery. If that were the only consideration I wouldn't hesitate to call it what it appears to be.

The seller can cause problems for the site though, so I now also avoid using that term, mostly.

As for the two bids now instead of one, If the first bidder increased his bid it would make sense.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

It is a forgery.

Country
    Country Flag

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Well, I used "highly suspect" because it's the new Politically Correct way to say it's fake. I've learned from past experiences (and others here have as well), that we can't just outright say it's a forged or fake without hurting someones feelings or making some people upset (mostly the forger of the forged copy).

So, I've learned to say "highly suspect" or "In my Opinion, the book being offered is highly suspect".

For the newbies here at DT you will need to search through the threads to get a better understanding of the attacks DT took from time to time when we would point out a forged (oop's, sorry) "Highly Suspect" copy.

Mulleins
    I tepidly/slightly defended that one a couple weeks back as *maybe, possibly, theoretically* a real signature...

But seeing it again I hate it. F-f-fa...fak....highly suspect.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Oh wow. This has to be the worst one yet......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING...sAAOSwCfdXok6B
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

I saw it earlier and thought it was so bad that if a person bought it, they deserved it.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

I saw it earlier and thought it was so bad that if a person bought it, they deserved it.
    It looks like they were actually trying when they forged the "Stephen" and then just said screw it when they got to "King."

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

It looks like they were actually trying when they forged the "Stephen" and then just said screw it when they got to "King."
    We are a retired couple whom are no experts on rare books.

Of course you are and of course you aren't......

sk

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

sk
    Also we should chastise them for the improper usage of the word "whom."

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

sk
    Also we should chastise them for the improper usage of the word "whom."
    And, the more I think about it, stating that they are retired is superfluous and has nothing to do whatsoever about their lack of expertise on rare books. Unless they stated that they are retired to hopefully convey that they are unable and/or incapable of doing any research; perhaps hoping for some pity from potential bidders who might annoy them with questions about their listing. From their listing I think that I can gather that they are elderly and probably didn't do well or study too hard in school. But that doesn't mean that they can't be crooks too.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

It actually made me laugh when I saw it, wow.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Both are highly suspect forgery copies. He also sold a forged Regulators within the past 30 days.

Stay Away

Mulleins

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If the signed and dated Desperation is not legit, it sure seems to almost have the right stuff for a 1998 dated signature.

Sig is very bunched and the nines don't look correct. But wow.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post

I concur.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I also don't like it. There's a lot of them out there and it's very close - someone making a small fortune from his hours of practice.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post

I concur.
    Another from the same seller.

This time UTD.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guy bought it for $340 last week....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Wind-Thr...sAAOSwHoFXsdjz

Wonder if ever sold the Plant set he scored awhile back?

Blatant, un-apologetic gouging......Hope it sits there forever. For that price, likely will.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Blatant, un-apologetic gouging......Hope it sits there forever. For that price, likely will.
    The set with the scribbled out names? He lowered the price to $8500 and relisted it.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-PLANT-Vo...oAAOSwbYZXcb0T

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

The set with the scribbled out names? He lowered the price to $8500 and relisted it.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-PLANT-Vo...oAAOSwbYZXcb0T
    He also has this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHARLIE-THE-...oAAOSwtnpXoR5Q

Not sure how he can say the other two signatures are part of the book.

But hey, its on sale for $100 off.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 379 of 462 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 377 378 379 380 381 389 429 ... LastLast