Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 462 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

No actually I don't...I'm trying to figure out where these damn reports go to....?

I think they might go to the Grave site of Gandhi, but I am still trying to find out exactly.

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

I believe this one was removed after it was re-listed so I'm not sure you will see it...Ralph you will remember it as the one with kindergarten scribbles on it. Geralds Game I believe...correction ROSE MADDER

I guess many people reported this ultimate piece of crap as well as contacted the seller who thought that he/she was the only person in the world who knew what Kings real signature looked like.
    It was CRAP beyond a doubt.....

I would now (with Ralphs permission) like to present this Ebay seller:

gyoung08

with the
    EBAY ULTIMATE BS SELLER STUPIDEST STATEMENT OF ALL TIME AWARD

Inserted as spoiler because many of you don't need to read it
    (my first spoiler...hope it works)

Spoiler:
    Your mother swallowed it with her fat crotch! Quit fuckin writing to me. But to throw this shit in your face I just got it Authenticated. HAHAHA LOSER!

I believe this has busted the meter beyond repair.

Those in favor please say "I"

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric719691 View Post

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaniscoming View Post
    I believe this one was removed after it was re-listed so I'm not sure you will see it...Ralph you will remember it as the one with kindergarten scribbles on it. Geralds Game I believe...correction ROSE MADDER

I guess many people reported this ultimate piece of crap as well as contacted the seller who thought that he/she was the only person in the world who knew what Kings real signature looked like.
    It was CRAP beyond a doubt.....

I would now (with Ralphs permission) like to present this Ebay seller:

gyoung08

with the
    EBAY ULTIMATE BS SELLER STUPIDEST STATEMENT OF ALL TIME AWARD

Inserted as spoiler because many of you don't need to read it
    (my first spoiler...hope it works)

Spoiler:
    Your mother swallowed it with her fat crotch! Quit fuckin writing to me. But to throw this shit in your face I just got it Authenticated. HAHAHA LOSER!

I believe this has busted the meter beyond repair.

Those in favor please say "I"

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric719691 View Post
    wow that is impressively bad!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah, that is horrible.

Darkman, thank you for spoilerizing that one quote. Did the seller actually say that? In an email or what?

YUP I could never make up something like that.

Email to Summer after she told him very politely that it was a waste of time for him to continue spending $3 weekly on this listing as no one will buy it and it was undoubtedly not authentic (in case he didn't know that)

Quite a piece of work, this person.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Oh yeah, that is horrible.

Darkman, thank you for spoilerizing that one quote. Did the seller actually say that? In an email or what?

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd have him banned from ebay just based on his response to you. Why has this not been destroyed like every other fake you guys find when this is so much worse?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Certainly an imaginative response.

Sometimes when an item is REALLY bad and it's obvious that the seller is an obvious FRAUD, as opposed to someone who is just has made an error...it is best to let them stuff both their feet in their mouth before they get served:

Spoiler:
    A nice warm cup of shut the F@ck up along with some tasty get the hell off Ebay cookies

(I love this spoiler thing now)

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    I'd have him banned from ebay just based on his response to you. Why has this not been destroyed like every other fake you guys find when this is so much worse?

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That sig is one of the worst! Reported.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

OK so far still a little dead locked on these from the feedback I got from several good people....nobody could say 100% fake and no one could say 100% real..........focusing on the 2 allegedly from Nashville (1st and 3rd)

Thoughts on the the black marker one were generally of a positive
    The pen one many of us had a problem with.....being allegedly both signed in the same time period kind of screw it up for everybody I think

So those 2 were sent to the SK office for an opinion....the response came back today.....

God i love the spoiler button now...(no f words on this one)

Spoiler:
    Steve was in Nashville in 2000 so that part works for it. One is done with a Sharpie so I can see that it would look a little different. I'd go with it being his signature on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Thanks shibus. Things have been very difficult fighting the fire(s). I appreciate your comments, as well as those from others.
    Darkman did ask for thoughts on the signatures of three images he posted.
    Perhaps we can move on and render opinions on them.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just to be clear, I gave an amateur opinion as to whether the King signatures where likely to be authentic. I probably would not have even responded if I knew my thoughts would be used as part of a group endorsement for selling the books. My opinion and $5 gets a coffee at Starbucks.
    Since the signatures were not dated, the fact King was (purportedly) in Nashville in 2000 only verifies the seller's "story", not that King actually signed those books then and there.
    Just my own little caveat.

Hey Randall...I completely caught that about your post...it was quite clear.
    I used the PM's I got from many sources as my general consensus.
    I was going to sell the books because I dont like anything in my collection that has any hint of uncertainty and thought someone might take a chance and find it a good grab.

I will keep the HC and perhaps sell/trade the SC as I dont care for these.
    I trust the final source I sought as the final word on the items authenticity.
    I take their word over any COA on the planet....

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Best of luck in the sales.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So...it's JUST like a first edition except for...umm...the differences.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Still in the original shrinkwrap, but they know there's no price on the inside flap. Hmmm!

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

They probably just x-rayed it, John.

Surely someone using that many different fonts and colors and sizes of print wouldn't decieve people.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course not!

John

I bought a book from this piece of work a few years ago, "signed stated first edition."
    it arrived and it said clearly "reprinted four times "
    He told me that he apllies special "pin pricks" to his books and if I dare tried to return it he would know I switched them and he would leave bad feedback..
    (that was before when sellers could leave bad feedback)
    I paid $20 for the book so it wasn't worth the hassle, I walked away.
    Amazing what people will do to make $10?

same thing:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/FIRESTARTER-by-St...d=p3911.c0.m14

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

what's amazing to me is that the auctions all state point blank that they are BCEs and he still has bids on them.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

I bet the bidders dont see it clearly through all his nonsense fonts and useless info.
    This guy definitely doesn't mind having an upset buyer once in a while.
    rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Randall...I completely caught that about your post...it was quite clear.
    I used the PM's I got from many sources as my general consensus.
    I was going to sell the books because I dont like anything in my collection that has any hint of uncertainty and thought someone might take a chance and find it a good grab.

I will keep the HC and perhaps sell/trade the SC as I dont care for these.
    I trust the final source I sought as the final word on the items authenticity.
    I take their word over any COA on the planet....
    Assholes like that are exactly the reason why feedback from a stranger means absolutely nothing to me. I mean I suppose if someone had a ton of bad feedback I'd hesitate, but really I hardly even look at that stuff. It's basically meaningless IMO.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

They did say Firestarter is a "Must Read" for King First Edition Collections.
    Caveat emptor.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I've bought from them before too. It was not in the condition described. I was also told about the 'special' mark he placed in a certain page in the book in case I decide to switch the book when I return it. Heck, why would I switch the crappy condition book, anyway?. But I did send the book back and received a refund minus shipping.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I was oddly mesmerized by the varying fonts and colors and silver-tongued carnival barker patter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 462 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 ... LastLast