Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 462 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 11537

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo56 View Post
    I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't ask. What exactly is wrong with this signature? For fun I compared it to SK signatures in s/l and for the life of me, I can't see the differences.

I wouldn't buy anything from this seller after seeing what he/she has put on Ebay in the past thanks to you guys.
    To me the whole sig looks kind of squished, especially the "swivell" that leads into the K but thats my opinion!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It actually looks okay to me, but, given the seller, I'd avoid it.

John

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

The curl on the G doesn't look great too!

Banned demorgan is on a distinguished road

IMO...it looks like one of his older signatures...plus, the fact that when you compare other books from the seller...the signature seems to be the same.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by demorgan View Post
    IMO...it looks like one of his older signatures...plus, the fact that when you compare other books from the seller...the signature seems to be the same.
    Thats exactly it, i think they might have had more practice!

Further proof...may be to compare this signature to what we know is legit signatures during the THE GIRL THAT LOVED....time frame and recent, covering all time frames and signatures since the books release...in an effort to be fair.

IM pretty confident that if we did this, the signature would not stand up.

So, im assuming tht since this is the motha f'n darktower.com site...there should be some examples laying around..

Sounds kinda fun...dont u think...PLUSSSSSSS...it will definitely put a nail in the coffin about this seller and this particular book.

LOL.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here you go ...

LOL..
    Now, to my eye...that doesnt even look similiar.

What does others think....

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That does look a lot different. Certainly the end of Stephen..the "hen" area

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by demorgan View Post
    So, im assuming tht since this is the motha f'n darktower.com site...there should be some examples laying around..

Sounds kinda fun...dont u think...PLUSSSSSSS...it will definitely put a nail in the coffin about this seller and this particular book.

LOL.
    If I recall correctly, a discussion about signature examples resulting in the consensus that high resolution chronological signature examples might do more to help a faker, than a buyer.
    There are pics on this mf'ing site, they just aren't easily found.

King sigs from 1998(left), and 2000 (right).
    TGWLTG was published in 1999.

Ebay signature in question:

hmmmm....good point.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Big difference in such a short time.

thats why i get my opinions here at the motha f'n darktower. com...lol. sorry, just sounded like a good commercial to me.
    But very, very true.

This was alot easier than what i did about a week ago. I spent all night(s) comparing examples of known legit clint eastwood signatures compared to what his secretary signs for him, and of course the other fakes...

This brings up something that Im curious about. How often does king personalize " to someone" in comparison to "for someone"....

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. That is horrendous.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

It's too bad this is fake. Would have made this a really desirable book had it been genuine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGNED-Single-Bn...item1c12844295

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Ugh...and it's got a COA from 'The Dust Jacket,' one of the prime offenders several years back...

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the ebay ID "russdj" seems familiar to me.

I looked through his feedback and I've never bought from or sold to him.

Has he been in this thread before?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    the ebay ID "russdj" seems familiar to me.

I looked through his feedback and I've never bought from or sold to him.

Has he been in this thread before?
    Yes....if not in this particular thread then another one. I posted something about a week ago about how he used to buy just about everything on eBay with snipe bids (sometimes quite high) several years ago. I also said that at the time some of us old timers (me, Hutch, Chris, etc.) thought he unwittingly was buying some forgeries mixed in with real signatures.

To me his prior auction listings have featured legit signatures but this current one is certainly a fake.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have purchased from him in the past without any issues. I think he "missed" on this one. I bought my personal S/L Cujo, S/L Christine and S/L Skeleton Crew from him maybe 8-9 years ago.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The picture of the signature is from a bad angle. (It COULD be a valid sig). It looks more like the book from an auction in the past where a seller claimed he 'caught' SK entering/exiting an event (New York City, Canada)???
    Lacking more definitive images, I would (as a buyer), be very careful on bidding price.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 462 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 ... LastLast