Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 446 of 462 FirstFirst ... 346 396 436 444 445 446 447 448 456 ... LastLast
Results 11,126 to 11,150 of 11534

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Along the Path of the Beam Terrymorton will become famous soon enough Terrymorton will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    What do you mean by "restored dust jacket"?
    I mean, it says “has professional restoration done”.

Along the Path of the Beam Terrymorton will become famous soon enough Terrymorton will become famous soon enough

Here is all of the pictures, how much is this worth?

https://imgur.com/gallery/six9Cp8

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Terrymorton View Post
    Here is all of the pictures, how much is this worth?

https://imgur.com/gallery/six9Cp8
    Man, IDK about this book. Sure looks like there was a major rip to the jacket in the back. IDK what is being asked in price, but I don't think I'd want this in my collection. Just my opinion, FWIW of course.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There really is no such thing as a "restored" dustjacket. There are "repaired" dustjackets, but not restored.

Restored implies the dustjacket is returned to its original condition. That is in most cases impossible.

I suggest you proceed with great caution as a person who represents a DJ as "restored" either doesn't understand the definition, or might be trying to take advantage of a novice buyer.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How much do Fine second-state jackets go for (if they can be found)?

The book itself looks solid, outside of some foxing, and the inscription sure is pretty...

FWIW I don't think the dustjacket looks bad at all (the front looks great!) but I am less of a stickler than some!

With a book of this magnitude, it's hard - the difference between a nice copy with some small issues and a perfect copy could be the difference between what you can afford and what you can't...

If you think you'd get this book, and it would make you happy to have it in your collection, and bring you some pleasure when you take it off the shelf and look at it, then go for it

To second RF, I'd get a picture of the first edition points inside the book and I also wouldn't pay F&F for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    How much do Fine second-state jackets go for (if they can be found)?

The book itself looks solid, outside of some foxing, and the inscription sure is pretty...

FWIW I don't think the dustjacket looks bad at all (the front looks great!) but I am less of a stickler than some!

With a book of this magnitude, it's hard - the difference between a nice copy with some small issues and a perfect copy could be the difference between what you can afford and what you can't...

If you think you'd get this book, and it would make you happy to have it in your collection, and bring you some pleasure when you take it off the shelf and look at it, then go for it

To second RF, I'd get a picture of the first edition points inside the book and I also wouldn't pay F&F for this one.
    To clarify, it’s not labeled as f/f. I wanted an edition that was fine. This one is good+ but with the signature makes it the same price as a f/f unsigned I guess. Thank you for the answers guys!

I may just be being greedy and rushing things instead of saving up and being patient for the right copy.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There really is no such thing as a "restored" dustjacket. There are "repaired" dustjackets, but not restored.

Restored implies the dustjacket is returned to its original condition. That is in most cases impossible.

I suggest you proceed with great caution as a person who represents a DJ as "restored" either doesn't understand the definition, or might be trying to take advantage of a novice buyer.
    I 100% agree with RF here. I would be VERY careful with this jacket. I have seen some Salems with the aftermarket ones that are reprints and not real at all. Thus KILLING the value of this book.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

So my experience with Waterstone has been terrible. After waiting almost 2 weeks for them to respond as to why they sent a normal version of The Institute instead of the sprayed version I ordered, their response was they can't guarantee which cover I get, they are random. So I called them this morning and they tell me that I ordered a normal version, which I did not. I tell them look at the dates and you see that I ordered the normal on the day it was available and the sprayed version the date they made that one available. End result was no help and I gotta mail back one on the incorrect copies. Good news is they are getting the damage one back that was damaged by their crappy packaging.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I 100% agree with RF here. I would be VERY careful with this jacket. I have seen some Salems with the aftermarket ones that are reprints and not real at all. Thus KILLING the value of this book.
    I decided not to rush into it. I’m just going to wait until i find one in the condition I want. I’ve set my sights on a different book but Anything Stephen king doesn’t seem to last long on the internet. I get paid in a week but it will probably be gone by then.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts on this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks bad to me. Don’t like the loop. Like Frankensteins forehead as RF would say.

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post

Thoughts on this one?

No brainer. Trash.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fugazi

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't know for sure but i have never seen a King signature with a round swoop on the s. I have looked at a thousand of them as im sure many here have seen many more. I have never seen that o shape on the S of Stephen. JMO

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Did we decide on this one ever?

Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Obviously a couple-a-things "I" don't like about it but.. Actually... I think its legit.
    Risky as hell, (wonder if the seller has a story to go with it)

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

not only do i think it good, but i think its pretty cool and would have no issues adding it to my collection.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Obviously a couple-a-things "I" don't like about it but.. Actually... I think its legit.
    Risky as hell, (wonder if the seller has a story to go with it)

It's problematic for me.

It might be legitimate.

I have issues with it though. The most glaring issue being the lack of the loop crossing the t which King was using by that date.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd also say it's legit. It fits on a lot of levels: it was done during (or just after) a week-long tour for firestarter in August 1980, done with the same black pen as the others, nice and big.

If it's a fake, it's a very curious one, why fake Stephen with three S'es? Why take such a risk? The fact that it doesn't have the loop could have been because of the triple S thing, which would have thrown the automatic signature off.

Would be great if the seller had a story to go along with it.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    I'd also say it's legit. It fits on a lot of levels: it was done during (or just after) a week-long tour for firestarter in August 1980, done with the same black pen as the others, nice and big.

If it's a fake, it's a very curious one, why fake Stephen with three S'es? Why take such a risk? The fact that it doesn't have the loop could have been because of the triple S thing, which would have thrown the automatic signature off.

Would be great if the seller had a story to go along with it.
    These were my thoughts on it but wanted a few other opinions, thx
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

It is JSA certified....so it must be good.

TGWLTG Signed
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

This is what a trace job looks like (and not even a good one):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...p2047675.l2557

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    This is what a trace job looks like (and not even a good one):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...p2047675.l2557

Mulleins
    Bloody hell... 🤦🏻*♂️

Country
    Country Flag

I messaged the guy. His response: “That’s okay, I got dooped by somebody so I’m trying to get rid of it. If it sells for $5 I’ll be happy.”

+ Reply to Thread
Page 446 of 462 FirstFirst ... 346 396 436 444 445 446 447 448 456 ... LastLast