+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 462 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 187 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like this part in his description too:

Also, this book will absolutely never be produced again because this is the original book before the editors added and deleted certain parts that king agreed with doing so.
    So apparently 1st editions are actually manuscripts after all!

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    I like this part in his description too:

Also, this book will absolutely never be produced again because this is the original book before the editors added and deleted certain parts that king agreed with doing so.
    So apparently 1st editions are actually manuscripts after all!
    hehe, the part I really love about this is he is saying this is the orginal book, when in reality it is the cut version and the orginal is closer to the uncut version. Ebayers never cease to amaze me.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's his reply to me
    the code is U1. still checking for the 1st questions answer
    And my reply back
    If the code's U1 and it doesn't say FIRST EDITION, it's definitely not one. Also, it apears that at the bottom of the front dust jacket flap it states that it's a Book Club edition (in your picture #7) which is also indicated by the lack of a price on the top of the front dust jacket flap (your picture #2). The spine on a first edition is also black which according to the pictures, yours is not. You might want to update your listing. The signature looks good, though!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't know BCEs had print codes in them, you learn something new everyday.

This could be trade print with a BCE DJ. *shrug*

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Could be. I remember reading somewhere (probably on a thread here) about how to interpret what the codes stood for, but I don't remember it now.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I forget where he posted it, but Jerome can help you with that, Gretchen.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I bumped the thread. It is right here in Calvin's Corner.

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Default when did you come out of hiding?

Hello old mate, you have been unleashed again???

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    hmmm has ebay got a new policy regarding postage?.

I noticed that every new book posted today (ebay uk this is) has free delivery, have they forced book sellers to give free delivery?, I noticed in the DVD category your only allowed to select the free del option when listing something.

Great for buyers like me, makes it a lot easier to see how much something is without having to total up postage on top.
    Yes...thankfully I don't sell much these days. Now that Ebay forces sellers to equate shipping a worthless paperback with a £200 limited edition...NOT going to rant here, 'cept to say "it sucks"

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Here's his reply to me
    the code is U1. still checking for the 1st questions answer
    And my reply back
    If the code's U1 and it doesn't say FIRST EDITION, it's definitely not one. Also, it apears that at the bottom of the front dust jacket flap it states that it's a Book Club edition (in your picture #7) which is also indicated by the lack of a price on the top of the front dust jacket flap (your picture #2). The spine on a first edition is also black which according to the pictures, yours is not. You might want to update your listing. The signature looks good, though!
    Has he replied back to you yet?

Looks like he relisted it at $2000, what a joke. He did change some of the wording in the listing, but does not mention it is a BCE still. http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-The...item518d51bede
    Last edited by ChristineB; 11-04-2009 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Added the new listing

Country
    Country Flag

I did get a reply -
    thank you, i did update it. i appreciate your time.
    Which he did. Sorta.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had a bid on a S/L The Stand that was listed up until yesterday. It wasn't a very high bid compared to the value of the book (my watch list was full and having a bid in allows me to track the auction).

Last night I got the following message from eBay:

eBay sent this message to __________ (divemaster13).
    Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
    MC015 Important Message from eBay Loss Prevention Department

Hello divemaster13 (divemaster13@earthlink.net),

We're writing to let you know that the listing for the following item you bid on has been removed:

180426866832 - STEPHEN KING'S THE STAND LIMITED EDITION RARE #361

We strongly recommend that you do not complete this purchase. Purchases of items listed on eBay but then completed outside of eBay are extremely risky. They are not covered by eBay buyer protection programs and are highly susceptible to fraud.
    Was someone else on here following the auction as well? Did someone have reason to report it? Is there a muddled history for #361 (stolen, perhaps?)

I'm basically just curious as to why the listing was nixed by eBay. It wasn't like I was actually going to try to buy the book.

Country
    Country Flag

Divemaster:

Was that the one that the main picture was of the mailer it came in?

If so I was watching it, read the description, look fine to me, last I saw it was up to $810 but I don't see it in my watched list anymore. No idea what happened to it.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that was the one. My bid was for $800 (again, just for tracking purposes). I'm not sure who else was bidding nor do I remember how many bids had been placed so far. Weird.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know about you guys but the way this person lists his books just bugs me.

He persistantly calls BCEs first editions. Does this bug other people too or is it just me?

http://shop.ebay.com/disneynut2/m.ht...dkw=&_osacat=0

From what I can tell he calls the actual 1/1 "True" firsts and the BCEs he just leaves out the "true".

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just curious how he distinguishes between a first edition BCE and a second, etc... edition BCE. Is there a distinction at all?

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

That's the main problem with BCEs you can't tell what printing they are, not easily anyway.

And that is why it bothers me so much he consistanly calls BCE 1st editions, since they aren't 1st editions they are book club editions.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think...and this of course is just a theory, but I think he may just be a lying bitch.

If you rescue me

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The intent to deceive unwitting buyers seems quite clear. I agree with Brice's assessment.

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

How's this for an elaborate hoax:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:ONA:US:1123

Even I was bidding on it...until I took a CLOSE look at the signatures. Can't really comment on the Palladini sig, but King's sig SUCKS
    Calla Wolf

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, a fake. Ruined a good flyer.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

King's sig SUCKS
    It would have fooled me....

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

King's sig SUCKS

sk
    It fooled me too...mainly because I already have one and I couldn't conceive of anyone ruining a copy of this (I think it's a great illustration)....I think I'm getting lazy in my old age

But when you actually examine the signatures...a cursory comparison is more than enough...

Ugh
    Calla Wolf

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I agree, a fake. Ruined a good flyer.
    Yup...it actually had me fooled until I enlarged it...then even the Pallindini didn't look quite right.

Country
    Country Flag

Is there still somewhere like skfakes that has posted pics of his sigs over the years?

Loved that site.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shortly after it was listed I gave it a quick look ... didn't even enlarge it and wondered why someone tried to fake one of those

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

King's sig SUCKS

sk
    It fooled me too...mainly because I already have one and I couldn't conceive of anyone ruining a copy of this (I think it's a great illustration)....I think I'm getting lazy in my old age

But when you actually examine the signatures...a cursory comparison is more than enough...

Ugh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 462 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 187 ... LastLast