Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 462 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 221 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

What do you guys think of this?. I'm pretty sure it's a fake with the strange loop-sided inscription.

http://cgi.ebay.com/stephen-kings-sk...item3a6049e321

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure. I'd avoid it for just that reason. Plus, the positioning of the inscription and signature seems off too.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's legit, I just don't understand why King would take the time to write "With Best Wishes" in an odd angle on the page.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I dunno...that one bugs me. I def. wouldn't call it 'fake,' but I just don't like it.

Along the Path of the Beam debungsmere is on a distinguished road

Hello, what edition is the following item.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123 The gold rim seems different than the other 1st edition, I asked him to take off the dust jacket and take a picture and he responded that the book is brown but the dust jacket cant come off without tearing. I assume this is because of the ex-library status of the book. But the gold rim seems off, any thoughts?

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by debungsmere View Post
    Hello, what edition is the following item.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123 The gold rim seems different than the other 1st edition, I asked him to take off the dust jacket and take a picture and he responded that the book is brown but the dust jacket cant come off without tearing. I assume this is because of the ex-library status of the book. But the gold rim seems off, any thoughts?
    Sounds like a 1st edition. The gold rim is on the dust jacket protector as opposed to the book or jacket itself. Its thinker plastic that protects the book better while its in the library system.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by debungsmere View Post
    It is a library book. I have 2 1st with this type of dust jacket protector on them, and the libraries like to glue the DJ to the book so it didn't get lost. This is a first edition of the book as evidenced from the 2 prices on the DJ and the statement on the copywrite page and the colored endpapers. Not a bad copy to go with if you don't want to spend the $400-500 on a nice copy for your collection.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

http://cgi.ebay.com/Salems-Lot-Steph...item20b538baf6

I think this seller lives in a Bizzaro World. Just look at that description of the DJ. YIKES!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Someone has ZERO idea of what good condition means.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Good grief...looks like somebody took the d/j off the book, crumped it into a ball, unfolded it and put it back on the book.

Plus, no word what edition it even is...although, at least they provided a picture.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Good grief...looks like somebody took the d/j off the book, crumped it into a ball, unfolded it and put it back on the book.

Plus, no word what edition it even is...although, at least they provided a picture.
    You can tell it is a later edition by the wording at the bottom of the front panel of the dust jacket. On first edition dust jackets and some early reprints the wording states "A New Novel By The Author Of Carrie." At some point they changed it to read "By The Author Of Carrie." So, right off the bat, you can tell it is a later reprint and not a highly collectible edition.

Ah...didn't even occur to me....but not sure it was worth it no matter what the answer was!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Not a signed item, just someone please tell me that this price is a major typo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Christine-Fright...item53e037599a
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

...and he has two of them so you can buy both.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

But look at the Ebay bucks you will earn

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

But look at the Ebay bucks you will earn

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Leave it to Ralph to look at the cloud and see the silver lining.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Ebay Auction Title: Needful Things by Stephen King His real Autograph!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Needful-Things-S...item2eb17ece67

I'm glad the seller cleared that up by posting King's "Real Autograph". Now I can go about removing all the fake ones that are in my collection.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ebay Auction Title: Needful Things by Stephen King His real Autograph!!!!!!
    And it was super nice of them to post such a super clear picture of that super questionable signature.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-king-Sto...item27b6c1fea3

Just my opinion

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent points.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're 100% right in my opinion too. That loop seems a bit too forced and unnatural. Too bad.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

If you can't find that rare 1st edition jacket you've been searching for......simply make your own. This seller did:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Nig...item4cf3629315

Please don't attack the seller. He is being honest in the listing. I just thought it was funny.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you can't find that rare 1st edition jacket you've been searching for......simply make your own. This seller did:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Nig...item4cf3629315

Please don't attack the seller. He is being honest in the listing. I just thought it was funny.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    For the record Ralph,
    I live in Jacksonville, but I do not know this store or seller.

Karl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 462 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 221 ... LastLast