Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 462 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 170 220 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by agrabin View Post
    Sorry...I keep having problems getting pictures to load...

...try this...
    It looks probably OK. But it seems to be signed close to the bottom of the page. That would be very out of the ordinary for King. In what book is this signed? Can you post a picture of the entire page?

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it makes sense for the signature to be where it is - on the title page of Bag of Bones (the UK edition) since that is where the biggest space is.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by agrabin View Post
    I think it makes sense for the signature to be where it is - on the title page of Bag of Bones (the UK edition) since that is where the biggest space is.
    OK. I couldn't tell where it was with the photo provided.

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the advice

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know the seller "oncereadbooks " on ebay?
    I asked him a while back how much were the shipping to France he never replied. So i used the BIN option for an item anyway, thinking that he wont have any choice but answering me cause i was apparently the only one interested by this item.

I choose "asked the seller the cost", but he still havent replied. I tried it another time just now... nothing

What would you do? I want this item :-(
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I asked him a while back how much were the shipping to France he never replied. So i used the BIN option for an item anyway, thinking that he wont have any choice but answering me cause i was apparently the only one interested by this item.

I choose "asked the seller the cost", but he still havent replied. I tried it another time just now... nothing

Email Roger direct here:

Roger@OnceReadBooks.com

Once Read Books
    5422 E. Village Road
    Long Beach, CA 90808

If you don't get through let me know.

Also, am I understanding you correct, you used the Buy it Now feature but the seller didn't respond?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

Email Roger direct here:

Roger@OnceReadBooks.com

Once Read Books
    5422 E. Village Road
    Long Beach, CA 90808

Also, am I understanding you correct, you used the Buy it Now feature but the seller didn't respond?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    thanks.
    Yeah. I asked prior to buy it, and he didnt reply. Then i used the BIN option, I asked (saying that if i'd prefer i could ask to get it shipped to a friend in the USA), still no answer...
    I asked again yesterday...

Ok it's not an expensive item, but it's still $20...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Email Roger direct here:

Roger@OnceReadBooks.com

Once Read Books
    5422 E. Village Road
    Long Beach, CA 90808

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    thanks.
    Yeah. I asked prior to buy it, and he didnt reply. Then i used the BIN option, I asked (saying that if i'd prefer i could ask to get it shipped to a friend in the USA), still no answer...

If he doesn't respond to you let me know. I'll contact him direct and have it shipped to me and I'll turn around and get it to you.

Of course, now your $20 item is turning into more $ because all the shipping but hey, if it's something you want I completely understand.

Hope I can help

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

Do you know him?
    I'll mail you in a week if i dont have any answer.. Thanks!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you know him?
    I'll mail you in a week if i dont have any answer.. Thanks!
    I've bought from him but really don't know him. What he needs to understand is the King collecting world is smaller than he might think.

You don't treat any client in the manner he is treating you. If he won't ship outside the US he simply needs to state that so you can make arrangements.

Let me know if he won't respond. I have Rogers phone number.

I'll get your item for you

Ralph Mulleins

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

you go ralph!!

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

thanks.

Why would you buy an item, when there is no indication that the seller will ship to your location, and on top of the fact he didn't answer your question? I think this problem starts and ends with you. Yes he should've responded, but if its nowhere in his auctions or his page that he states that he ships international, he probably doesn't. Why would you assume by purchasing the item you will get your way? This is how problems occur on eBay, lack of communication and people just blatantly assuming stuff.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfan565 View Post
    Why would you buy an item, when there is no indication that the seller will ship to your location, and on top of the fact he didn't answer your question? I think this problem starts and ends with you. Yes he should've responded, but if its nowhere in his auctions or his page that he states that he ships international, he probably doesn't. Why would you assume by purchasing the item you will get your way? This is how problems occur on eBay, lack of communication and people just blatantly assuming stuff.
    But it's the sellers responsibility to state if he would or would not ship outside of the US. It's also the sellers responsibility to respond in a timely manner to all questions. The point here, Ebay has seller rules and the seller isn't following through with the rules. A bad seller, not a bad buyer.

Like you, just my opinion.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with you, Ralph. It's up to the seller to respond properly, not the buyer.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Well...I agree that the seller should respond...key word, "Should." But that's courtesy and professionalism, not a hard and fast rule..maybe the guy was out of town, maybe the email didn't go through, who knows.

If the listing doesn't explicity state "worldwide," then you can assume the seller will NOT ship worldwide...I don't know if it did, though.

RedSox is right...if you bid on an item when you had unanswered questions, you have no inherent right to expect satisfaction....the fact that your question didn't get answered IS an answer.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I bought a new SOD Volume Two S/l recently. I asked the seller to package very carefully as the book was large and could be damaged in shipping. I paid extra for Expedited shipping and proper handling.
    They ended up shoving it in a flat rate box that barely covered the book end to end.
    Needless to say, the results were predictable.

I asked the seller for a $20 credit and they issued $15.
    Fair or not fair?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Not fair. That bump devalues the book by AT LEAST $20.

John

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To be honest, even though the damage isn't significant, I'd rather return it and find another copy.

Not sure about you, but for me it would always stick out like a sore thumb.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I should have mentioned that I obtained a replacement case, (with no help from the seller) but I spent ~$13 just for shipping, not counting the larger packaging box, protective materials, time to wrap and the trip to mail it back.
    I'm inclined to provide negative feedback if they don't add $5.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I should have mentioned that I obtained a replacement case, (with no help from the seller) but I spent ~$13 just for shipping, not counting the larger packaging box, protective materials, time to wrap and the trip to mail it back.
    I'm inclined to provide negative feedback if they don't add $5.
    I'd say they should refund you your whole cost of obtaining a replacement case.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Well...I agree that the seller should respond...key word, "Should." But that's courtesy and professionalism, not a hard and fast rule..maybe the guy was out of town, maybe the email didn't go through, who knows.

If the listing doesn't explicity state "worldwide," then you can assume the seller will NOT ship worldwide...I don't know if it did, though.

RedSox is right...if you bid on an item when you had unanswered questions, you have no inherent right to expect satisfaction....the fact that your question didn't get answered IS an answer.
    The difference here is Buy it Now vs. a bid. The member here used the Buy it Now and still didn't get a response from the seller. Again, the seller has Ebay rules he/she must follow through with on a sell. If the seller can't ship outside the US a simple email to the buyer stating that fact should have been immediate.

I'm still taking the side of our member and not the seller on this issue.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

The difference here is Buy it Now vs. a bid. The member here used the Buy it Now and still didn't get a response from the seller. Again, the seller has Ebay rules he/she must follow through with on a sell. If the seller can't ship outside the US a simple email to the buyer stating that fact should have been immediate.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Going off of what has been said, the buyer probably hasn't paid yet, so there is no eBay rule saying he has to do anything as a seller.

Technically, it is against eBay policy for a buyer to force a seller to ship to their location. This is, in essence, what is going on here. Each item can be given an option where sellers can add international shipping. If that isn't in the auction, and it is nowhere in the auction description, then chances are the seller does not ship to the buyers location.

Yes he should've responded to the question, but it isn't against eBay policy if he doesn't. Nor is he responsible to ship to the buyer's location, if it isn't stated that he will ship there. The buyer is at fault here for trying to push a seller to ship to a location he doesn't ship to.

Country
    Country Flag

I bought it anyway cause i told him that if he wanted it could get delivered in the USA...
    Prefer to France, but possible in the USA.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Not to give Herbert a hard time on this, because you're right, I'm frankly more on the member's side too...

But...why would you ever put a BIN on an item when you have outstanding questions? It makes no sense. Like I said, if you don't get an answer to a question that should raise all sorts of red flags.

However, once an item is sold, I'm sure the seller will eventually get in contact...they have to pay the final value fee, after all.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I know for a fact that eBay sellers won't always contact you in case of a winning bid. About two years ago, I won a SONG OF SUSANNAH Artist Edition on eBay (the listing mentioned the possibility of international shipping so I bit the bullet). I immediately sent the seller an email after the auction ended and asked him/her for an invoice including actual shipping costs to Europe. I never got a reply. The eBay Resolution Centre wasn't helpful - they only advised me to try and give the seller a call, which I refused to do because 1) the time difference was quite large and I would have had to call at a moment that would be incovenient to me and 2) I felt that it was a really awkward situation for me to have to call the seller (and pay the $$ for the international call) and get him to act in a responsible manner. So, I never got the book nor any sign of life from the seller but since I hadn't paid yet I decided to just let it go.

Who knows, maybe the seller died after listing the book? Anyway, since that day I've always tried to keep an email conversation going with any seller offering stuff I'm interested in, before placing a bid or using the BIN option.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 462 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 170 220 ... LastLast