Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 462 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope this is the right place for this. It is not an e-bay auction, I actually have the book but just trying to determine if this is a authentic Straub signature. Any help would be appreciated.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post
    I hope this is the right place for this. It is not an e-bay auction, I actually have the book but just trying to determine if this is a authentic Straub signature. Any help would be appreciated.
    Yes, it looks just fine to me. I've got a large Straub collection with many inscriptions and signatures. This one looks just fine and raises no red flags with me.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't see a problem with it. I have a few in my collection. His sig sort of bounces around a little but I wouldn't hesitate on the one your holding.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Calla Wolf

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    Several of his auctions are beyond suspect.

I'm sure he has a good explanation but why use Ebay.UK when his address is South Carolina? Did we already run him off the US Ebay and he's hoping to dump them in the UK?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Outwardly the signature looks decent. However, I truly believe it to be a fake for the following reason.

The signature is circa 1977 and the book is a full size BCE. The full size BCE editions were not in print until much later. The tell points that scream full size BCE are the dimensions and the the dj background color change at the spine.

I've viewed a few of this sellers other books. His signed Firestarter is a BCE and not a first as stated. (incorrect publishers address on the cp page)

Signed CUJO is a BCE sig is suspect.

My gut tells me somewhere in the line of ownership a talented forgered once owned these books.

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Outwardly the signature looks decent. However, I truly believe it to be a fake for the following reason.

The signature is circa 1977 and the book is a full size BCE. The full size BCE editions were not in print until much later. The tell points that scream full size BCE are the dimensions and the the dj background color change at the spine.

I've viewed a few of this sellers other books. His signed Firestarter is a BCE and not a first as stated. (incorrect publishers address on the cp page)

Signed CUJO is a BCE sig is suspect.

My gut tells me somewhere in the line of ownership a talented forgered once owned these books.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Several of his auctions are beyond suspect.

I'm sure he has a good explanation but why use Ebay.UK when his address is South Carolina? Did we already run him off the US Ebay and he's hoping to dump them in the UK?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    His stuff is on the US ebay as well. I think the UK link is because of Calla Wolf, not the seller. Oddly enough, this makes the second forged book seller within an hour's drive of me. That would make some sense if I lived in NYC or some large place like that, but Clover and Fort Mill are large enough to have a traffic light of two but that's pretty much it.

Very odd.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Oddly enough, this makes the second forged book seller within an hour's drive of me.
    Go kick their ass. Say it is from all of us.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOL
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Oddly enough, this makes the second forged book seller within an hour's drive of me.
    Go kick their ass. Say it is from all of us.
    LOL
    Excellent.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think separate ass kickings from each of us are in order...with Sam of course having the pleasure of delivering them.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok may not be BS but I have to wonder what is up with it since it is still for sale on ebay. I may be shooting myself in the foot by posting this if it is a real 1/1, but something just smells fishy here. Maybe it's just me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-THE...item53ddf380e9

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

It's probably real...looking at the guy's feedback (10K! and it's all perfect?) tells me he sells a lot in bulk and is too lazy to post an image of the book...it's a pretty clear cut description. I'm too lazy to doublecheck that's the right price on the d/j, though.

That $149 isn't a bargain price...maybe a little, but anywhere from $150-$200 about right for a good copy of that title.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    Ok may not be BS but I have to wonder what is up with it since it is still for sale on ebay. I may be shooting myself in the foot by posting this if it is a real 1/1, but something just smells fishy here. Maybe it's just me.

That seller is legit. The book will be a 1st, but the jacket might not be. Theres definitely a typo somewhere as the price should be $12.95 and he has $12.50 listed.... I'd confirm that part first. But at the end of the day $150 isn't a phenomenal deal anyways.

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

agreed....
    this seller is involved with a bunch of universities and gets donations of 100's of books weekly...ask him for pictures though...

Eric you goin tomorrow???

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

That seller is legit. The book will be a 1st, but the jacket might not be. Theres definitely a typo somewhere as the price should be $12.95 and he has $12.50 listed.... I'd confirm that part first. But at the end of the day $150 isn't a phenomenal deal anyways.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaniscoming View Post
    Nope.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you're referring to the MN event ...
    Eric may not be but I know I am and so is Mike Pasuik

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Me, too - let's meet up!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Actually I'm living a different calendar apparently....
    I meant thursday Toronto...?
    ERIC REALLY????? HOW COME WHY WHAT HUH????
    Hutch you comin to TRONT???

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Add the magic needle in the book cover listing is back... he dropped it to $150 now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MEWAX:VRI

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had asked him to confirm the price on the DJ for me and he said it was $12.50. I also asked if he could send me a few pictures and he could not because his scanner was broken but he could fax me a copy of the copyright page.

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

I had asked him to confirm the price on the DJ for me and he said it was $12.50. I also asked if he could send me a few pictures and he could not because his scanner was broken but he could fax me a copy of the copyright page.
    Ask for a fax copy of the DJ. It's pretty obvious to me that the DJ is iffy...and that he genuinely believes the price should be $12.50. Bit of a bell-end isn't he
    Calla Wolf

Country
    Country Flag

What amazes me is someone without a digital camera in this world, especially that sells books. I acutally debated pulling out one of my old digitals and sending it to him. He wrote to me he didn't have a scanner at the moment and I almost fell out of my seat thinking of a carrie 1/1 being slapped on a scanner to take pictures of it. *shudders*

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Christine, I don't have a camera myself (I have a condition in which I shake rather badly and I can't take decent pictures) but I DO have a scanner that works. I don't know why this seller can't get a camera--they're not that expensive. I just wish I could use one.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 462 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 ... LastLast