Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 462 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

The best part about investigations like this is they go back years....so the guy has looong forgotten about this sale or that sale, but they all become evidence he'll have to explain...

Plus, if he didn't report the $300K as income, it's a tax issue too.

People always say "the government has a million other things to do, they'll never pay attentio to me and my little scam!" And that's true - UNTIL the government decides to focus on you, at which point they give ALL their attention.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

their seller ID: bev103162smith was on the Fakers list on skfakes years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaniscoming View Post
    A Reading man is facing federal charges for allegedly faking the signatures of famous authors on their books and selling those books on eBay. Federal prosecutors say it was an elaborate scam with more than 400 victims. They say Forrest Smith, III forged signatures on the works of people like Tom Clancy, John Grisham, and Norman Mailer between 2002 and last year. They say Smith made more than $300,000 off the scam. If convicted, he could face up to 80 years in jail and fines.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

ralph -

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    their seller ID: bev103162smith was on the Fakers list on skfakes years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaniscoming View Post
    A Reading man is facing federal charges for allegedly faking the signatures of famous authors on their books and selling those books on eBay. Federal prosecutors say it was an elaborate scam with more than 400 victims. They say Forrest Smith, III forged signatures on the works of people like Tom Clancy, John Grisham, and Norman Mailer between 2002 and last year. They say Smith made more than $300,000 off the scam. If convicted, he could face up to 80 years in jail and fines.
    Yes, I think we should refer to the punishment in these cases as
    "The Ceri Vale Award" as a little tribute.
    "Forest Smith is the first winner of the Ceri Vale Award"
    Wadya think? Has a lovely ring to it no?

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

We best not celebrate until this fellow is actually convicted.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a guess here, but I'd say with this amount of documentation he'll at the very least be taking a vacation of sorts for awhile and it will be a loooooooooooonnnnggggg time before he even wants to sign his own name...much less anyone else's.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    We best not celebrate until this fellow is actually convicted.
    I have no doubt that they both will be made a serious example of.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'd actually be shocked if they didn't make an example here. At this point it's too easy for them. I'm hoping for a judge who collects signed books myself.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Default Ladies and Gentlemen..."We Got Him !!"

Hello folks

I just had to share this with you (thanks to Darkman for pointing it out to me - keep up the good work fella)

Those of you who were members of SKFakes will remember my utter hatred of the wank*r who sold under the name bev103162smith

Well - take a look at THIS

Here it is on VIDEO
    Calla Wolf

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome, I hope he gets a long sentence for ripping off thousands of people!
    Geoff

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Well, according to the video, he could get EIGHTY years - I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT
    Calla Wolf

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Kudos to all involved

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

With it being the federal government, the chances of them doing something is better than if it were a state governement. BUT, I doubt very seriously that any big deal will be made of the trial, and it would not surprise me if nothing is done to him except hitting him for tax evasion (if applicable) or mail fraud (maybe).

My opinion on our judicial system is very low. It comes from being a pre-law student and then working so long in the penal system.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad the @3$hole was caught.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    With it being the federal government, the chances of them doing something is better than if it were a state governement. BUT, I doubt very seriously that any big deal will be made of the trial, and it would not surprise me if nothing is done to him except hitting him for tax evasion (if applicable) or mail fraud (maybe).

My opinion on our judicial system is very low. It comes from being a pre-law student and then working so long in the penal system.
    This ones in the UK though.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Ceri,

If you get a chance, go over to the Ebay BS Game thread and check out post #1654 by Darkmaniscoming

We've been discussing the awesome news all morning.

When you go to the pub to celebrate have one on me

I wonder if the pub takes Paypal?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Wow! That's amazing!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

UK.... in that case:

The accused witch shall bring back 7, YES 7 unharmed shrubbery, and survive a fight with the Black Night.

If he fails at either task......what do we do with witches? BURN THEM

Sorry, watching a bit of Python here and got carried away.

Please carry on and ignore this meaningless post.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

No Eric, that was in regard to who reported it first, its in phili PA

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My bad, I must've misread.

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

UK.... in that case:

The accused witch shall bring back 7, YES 7 unharmed shrubbery, and survive a fight with the Black Night.

If he fails at either task......what do we do with witches? BURN THEM

Sorry, watching a bit of Python here and got carried away.

Please carry on and ignore this meaningless post.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    personally, i think he should have to answer these questions:

What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
    What do you mean? An African or European swallow?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to see the authorities getting serious on this issue.

Interesting that Stephen King's signature was not mentioned as faked in anywhere in the document.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great news! I'm going to merge this into the other thread to avoid duplicate discussions. Thanks for the links, Ceri.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Great news! I'm going to merge this into the other thread to avoid duplicate discussions. Thanks for the links, Ceri.
    wait. what? you're merging THIS thread?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    wait. what? you're merging THIS thread?
    A separate thread that started with Calla Wolf's post above was merged into the pre-existing discussion in this thread.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 462 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast