Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kas-Ka Gan

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    I guess you could say that you saw it coming when the book collector sent his collection through the "door" to Roland's world. Almost all the books were SK books. That is just how I see it...take care

tip toes out of thread.
    I have never thought about it this way before.

Well, King has some self-confidence, that's it.

Roland would have understood.

Traveler johnnyonthespot1 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I started reading the DT series for the first time about six months ago, and I just now finished reading the "Stanza" in Song of Susannah called "The Writer," where
    Spoilers for Song of Susannah

This really seems to kick the dramatic legs out from under the series, just like the silly
    Spoilers for Wolves of the Calla
    that showed up in DT5 did.

That being said, I am really enjoying the action and fast pace of Song of Susannah and am very anxious to see where everything is headed. I am especially enjoying the Mia/Susannah story, and finally getting to see a little bit of the creepy lands that lie beyond Calla Bryn Sturgis.

Now, back to reading... I plan on finishing SoS today!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

With other writer's I would've thought it cheap and easy, but all in I thought King pulled it off in the context of the story. Now, having said that, you may have issues with the overall story, but I thought he did it pretty well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

No need to spoiler earlier books, right? I think that the development in Song of Susannah is a logical outcome of what was set up in Wolves of the Calla: the Sneetches, laser swords, Pere Callahan, and Calvin's book shelf. I think that is all supported by the introduction of the Wizard of Oz stuff from Wizard and Glass. (It irks me when people compain about books V through VII, as if this idea wasn't introduced earlier in the series). In book three, there was Shardik the Bear (I know that wasn't from a SK book). I honestly can't think of any examples from Drawing, but the Gunslinger has the granddaddy of them all: "There are other worlds than these." Roland's world was always separate from ours, but closely related. We know we live a different world than he does, but once travel between the worlds is established, is what happened in SoS really so outrageous? I vote "no".

But I also vote "corny", as if that were a bad thing.

Traveler susannah-mio is on a distinguished road

i loved it!! i thought it was a really good twist that makes the story feel more real

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's an interesting question.

For the purpose of the story I think that we are to suppose that whilst King writes the stories, he does not create the characters, rather he channels them. What it would seem that Gan has given him is the power to manipulate the turn of events the characters take, by way of creating certain choices when he writes their stories.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Kas-Ka Gan

I found a lot of these SK/Gan/SK as a character type threads around the Mid World forums, so I've merged and renamed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2