Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How Has the Series Affected Your Life?

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Yeah my husband thinks I'm weird... he might not even understand if he read it. But I am one of the few.. the chosen.. the junkies...

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I think a reread of at least three or more of the books a year will always be apart of my reading life. Last year, I mostly listened to books 1-4. This year I've read 5 and 6 and am currently on book 7. I think about Roland and his Ka and his ka-tet often. I feel like they are just apart of who I am.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    Yes, I think a reread of at least three or more of the books a year will always be apart of my reading life. Last year, I mostly listened to books 1-4. This year I've read 5 and 6 and am currently on book 7. I think about Roland and his Ka and his ka-tet often. I feel like they are just apart of who I am.
    Are you married?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

yes

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

You're getting a divorce and want to move to New Hampshire, though. Right?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    You're getting a divorce and want to move to New Hampshire, though. Right?
    Back off, she's moving to Wisconsin.

Boy, Story, you just killed yourself with those words. I'm sorry.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry dudes, I called dibs on maerlyn. She's purdy.

Anyway, what Maerlyn said, is exactly how I feel.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah well, I lived a good life.

*bows head*

Make it quick.

But, yes, I agree with said statement of maerlyn.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

alright boys....anyways

quit making me

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I agreed with what maerlyn said in her post, it is what I mean too.

Its the mantra for all true Tower Junkies.

Gunslinger Apprentice devo133 is on a distinguished road devo133's Avatar

I don't think there has ever been a series of books that spans 20 years. That's what makes the Dark Tower so special. I'm sure each book marks different chapters in SK's life. It sure has marked different chapters in mine. I pick one up every few years and read one all day when I get a chance. I sort of remember what was going on in my life when I think about a book in the series. Sort of like listening to a song you use to love a long time ago and remembering what you were doing back then.

Quote Originally Posted by devo133 View Post
    I sort of remember what was going on in my life when I think about a book in the series. Sort of like listening to a song you use to love a long time ago and remembering what you were doing back then.

I've never really thought of it like that. That was really, really well put.

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I have never felt so profoundly hurt by a book before as when
    Spoiler:
    Jake died.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'm sure I've already posted in here, but I remembered something earlier: I have a newfound appreciation for turtles and roses since reading the series.

Traveler Recker is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Only that it's stuck in my mind long after reading it. I read the series in the space of about a year. That was about two years ago. Only now have I signed up on this website.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by devo133 View Post
    I don't think there has ever been a series of books that spans 20 years. That's what makes the Dark Tower so special. I'm sure each book marks different chapters in SK's life. It sure has marked different chapters in mine. I pick one up every few years and read one all day when I get a chance. I sort of remember what was going on in my life when I think about a book in the series. Sort of like listening to a song you use to love a long time ago and remembering what you were doing back then.

I totally get that. I remember getting in the habit of taking my dog for a walk while I was reading the series. To this day, I still think of the story as I'm walking. Maybe I'll find a door on one of my walks.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ATG View Post
    I have never felt so profoundly hurt by a book before
    Spoiler:
    as when Jake died.
    This post is a spoiler and should be tagged, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    This post is a spoiler and should be tagged, correct?
    FUCK YOU

Country
    Country Flag

Hey...don't make me keep you in line too.
    This isn't a spoiler thread, fuckwad.

Oh you were right, I just wanted to tell you to fuck off.

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you.

One special way that the series has affected my life is that it has allowed me to meet such special people online....like CK for instance. I never knew there were such absolute evil fuckheads in cyberspace.

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    absolute evil fuckheads in cyberspace.
    Hey!! I'm not evil!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast