Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 9/11 Tenth Anniversary

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I think you said it perfectly, pablo. It was the shock of the US - seemingly invincible to even a small scale attack before - being attacked in such a big way that affected the lives of thousands of people. The day needs to be remembered when it needs to. I'm still against how easily such a tragedy can be exploited in the media (when I saw a shot of the twin towers in the abc version of Life on Mars used for nothing more than exploiting a shock emotional reaction, I was ready to yell, "Oh, for FUCK'S SAKE!" at my computer screen), and I do think that it shouldn't be something dwelled on all the time, in fact I think that just might be a dangerous thing to do, but it certainly shouldn't - and will never be - forgotten. Honestly though, as a Brit I can't even begin to imagine what so many Americans must feel about the day. I mean I know we had those 7/7 bombings a few years ago, but you really can't even begin to compare the two. So even I remember the day and respect those who were deeply affected by such an event. For one day, anyway.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty annoyed at our country's media and commercial institutions.

There was even an interview with the President about 9/11 run this A.M. of the 12th.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2