Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which two actors/actresses will advance to the next round ?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spencer Tracy

3 12.50%
  • Hugo Weaving

5 20.83%
  • Kate Winslet

7 29.17%
  • Humphrey Bogart

4 16.67%
  • Alec Guinness

5 20.83%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TGAAOAT - Round 1, Group G

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TGAAOAT - Round 1, Group G

Spencer Tracy's IMDB Page

Notable films : Judgment At Nuremberg, Inherit The Wind, It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World, Guess Who's Coming To Dinner

-----

Hugo Weaving's IMDB Page

Notable films : The Matrix, V for Vendetta, The Lord of the Rings (I, II, III), The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert

-----

Kate Winslet's IMDB Page

Notable films : Titanic, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Revolutionary Road, Little Children, Finding Neverland

-----

Humphrey Bogart's IMDB Page

Notable films : Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon, The Treasure of Sierra Madre, The African Queen

-----

Alec Guinness's IMDB Page

Notable films : Star Wars (IV, V, VI), Lawrence of Arabia, The Bridge on the River Kwai

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sir Alec Guinness. My nominee.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Spencer Tracy, My nominee!!!

But against Sir Alec Guinness and Bogart

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Humphrey Bogart for me.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

**throws hands in air** flibble floddble!!! ok, I will have to work with a process of elimination on this one

I shall be back soon

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Kate Winslet. She is one of my all-time favorite actresses and is phenomenal in everything she's done.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved her in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. She was perfect in that.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

My vote went to Spencer Tracy.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Mr. Bogart's notable films listed above say it all...

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I voted for Kate Winslet based almost exclusively on Eternal Sunshine, which may seem a bit unfair, but goddamn, she was awesome in the movie. Just voting in this makes me want to go watch it yet again.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

"I was born when you kissed me. I died when you left me. I lived a few weeks while you loved me."
    Humphrey Bogart

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I voted for Kate Winslet based almost exclusively on Eternal Sunshine, which may seem a bit unfair, but goddamn, she was awesome in the movie. Just voting in this makes me want to go watch it yet again.
    I almost voted for her based on the strength of ESOTSM too. She's incredible in that, isn't she ? She plays off of Carrey so well; they have excellent on screen chemistry.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I went for Weaving, any man/woman that can mesmerise with their acting while wearing a mask!!!!! well, need I say more

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    "I was born when you kissed me. I died when you left me. I lived a few weeks while you loved me."
    Humphrey Bogart
    Unfortunatly, that's one of many Casablanca quotes that makes me laugh purely because it reminds me of Discworld Noir:

"I was born when you kissed me, and I died when you left me. Of course, I died again when I got stabbed through the chest, but that wasn't nearly as painful."

I really do need to watch Casablanca as many times as possible to not be reminded of that game so much!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

please do!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Humphrey Bogart
    Unfortunatly, that's one of many Casablanca quotes that makes me laugh purely because it reminds me of Discworld Noir:

"I was born when you kissed me, and I died when you left me. Of course, I died again when I got stabbed through the chest, but that wasn't nearly as painful."

I really do need to watch Casablanca as many times as possible to not be reminded of that game so much!
    LOL! I have no idea what Discworld Noir is but it sounds funny...and BTW watch Casablanca again.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

PC adventure game from the late 90s, based on Terry Pratchett's many, many Discworld novels. Sort of a demented comedy take on the fantasy genre in general. Noir's great, as it references a great deal of film noir (naturally) without going too much into out-and-out parody. Worth tracking down if you can find it. Certainly one of the most quotable games I've ever played.

And both you and Jean are right of course. I need to watch Casablanca again asap!

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

PC adventure game from the late 90s, based on Terry Pratchett's many, many Discworld novels. Sort of a demented comedy take on the fantasy genre in general. Noir's great, as it references a great deal of film noir (naturally) without going too much into out-and-out parody. Worth tracking down if you can find it. Certainly one of the most quotable games I've ever played.

And both you and Jean are right of course. I need to watch Casablanca again asap!
    Ok. Thanks for the explanation. Of course now that you mention it "Dicsworld" does ring a bell. I can say though that I didn't have a computer until 2001 and have never played that game.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*BUMP

Country
    Country Flag

I am going to kill myself

now that Weaving (or whatever his name is) guy is going to leave Sir Alec Guinness behind, only because every-fucking-body has seen Matrix and nobody has seen Bridge on the River Kwai. Absurd.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It's not because everyone has seen The Matrix, Jean.

It's also because everyone's seen Lord of the Rings, too!

For the record, I haven't voted yet. I still need to see Bridge on the River Kwai or Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, another performance of his that was well received. I know, I know! Though I do remember him playing Charles I in Cromwell back in high school, a period of history that didn't interest me as much then as it does now.

I'll check out both Bridge on the River Kwai and Lawrence of Arabia this week and make my decision on those. I must admit, I am surprised Hugo Weaving is doing as well as he is, to be honest.

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll check out both Bridge on the River Kwai and Lawrence of Arabia this week and make my decision on those.
    Lawrence of Arabia is the very definition of majestic. The cinematography in that film is breath taking, mesmerizing. I wouldn't be surprised if every cinematography teacher made that film a must watch to pass the course.

I must admit, I am surprised Hugo Weaving is doing as well as he is, to be honest.
    I'm not, the man is a genius. As someone mentioned above, the fact that he's able to convey such a myriad of emotions while wearing a mask is testament to his versatility as an actor.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh, I don't need to be told how impressive that is. I listen to Paul McGann as the 8th Doctor in audios, and that alone makes him not just one of my favourite Doctors but one of my favourite actors ever, despite the shit one off tv film he did in the role. Still...it's just Obi-Wan we're talking about here, it's someone who got fucking knighted for his acting. I am surprised he's not doing better.

- Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

... I'll check out both Bridge on the River Kwai and Lawrence of Arabia this week ...
    Good! You should all do yourself this favor, contest or not.

Country
    Country Flag

Doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't tell me you haven't seen The Bridge on the River Kwai yet! it's one of my favorite films ever! Just drop everything, and DO IT.

Lawrence of Arabia is a marvelous film, a cinematographical gem and definitely in my top 100, but the Bridge is in my top ten!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast