Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 188 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Some pictures are copyright trademarked. For a cemetery?! The cemetery is called Riverside Cemetery in Cleveland. It's technically by Cleveland not downtown. Hope this picture pops up.
    https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...Ad8QoioIiQEwCg
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Another cemetery I visited a long time ago in Cleveland is called Lakeview. President Garfield and Elliot Ness are buried there. Though Cleveland has been falling apart and their population has been dwindling, it has a pretty amazing history. Sad the way things turn these days.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be watching the Aftermath premiere tonight sometime.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Some pictures are copyright trademarked. For a cemetery?! The cemetery is called Riverside Cemetery in Cleveland. It's technically by Cleveland not downtown. Hope this picture pops up.
    https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...Ad8QoioIiQEwCg
    Beautiful pics. Awesome brick buildings. Cemeteries really are unique places.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    My wife and I are definitely on board for this one: Matt Smith as Prince Philip and John Lithgow as Winston Churchill. Plus Jared Harris (Mad Men, Fringe). Most expensive Netflix production to date.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/lists...l-time-w439520
    There's never been a creative boom for TV like the one we are living through right now. Ever since The Sopranos changed the game at the turn of the century, we've been in a gold rush that gives no signs of slowing down. What better moment to look back and celebrate the greatest shows in the history of the art form?

So we undertook a major poll – actors, writers, producers, critics, showrunners. Legends like Carl Reiner and Garry Marshall, who sent us his ballot shortly before his death this summer. All shows from all eras were eligible; anybody could vote for whatever they felt passionate about, from the black-and-white rabbit-ears years to the binge-watching peak-TV era. The ratings didn't matter – only quality. The voters have spoken – and, damn, did they have some fierce opinions. On this list you'll find vintage classics and new favorites, ambitious psychodramas and stoner comedies, underrated cult gems ripe for rediscovery, cops and cartoons and vampire slayers. You'll find the groundbreaking creations of yesteryear as well as today's innovators. (There was nothing like Transparent or Orange Is the New Black or Game of Thrones a few years ago, but who could imagine this list without them?) Our list is guaranteed to start plenty of loud arguments – but the beauty of TV is how it keeps giving us so much to argue about.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I'll be watching the Aftermath premiere tonight sometime.
    I watched it last night. For me, it was an aftermath. A bible like apocalypse with cheesy demon like creatures possessing people.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/lists...l-time-w439520
    There's never been a creative boom for TV like the one we are living through right now. Ever since The Sopranos changed the game at the turn of the century, we've been in a gold rush that gives no signs of slowing down. What better moment to look back and celebrate the greatest shows in the history of the art form?

So we undertook a major poll – actors, writers, producers, critics, showrunners. Legends like Carl Reiner and Garry Marshall, who sent us his ballot shortly before his death this summer. All shows from all eras were eligible; anybody could vote for whatever they felt passionate about, from the black-and-white rabbit-ears years to the binge-watching peak-TV era. The ratings didn't matter – only quality. The voters have spoken – and, damn, did they have some fierce opinions. On this list you'll find vintage classics and new favorites, ambitious psychodramas and stoner comedies, underrated cult gems ripe for rediscovery, cops and cartoons and vampire slayers. You'll find the groundbreaking creations of yesteryear as well as today's innovators. (There was nothing like Transparent or Orange Is the New Black or Game of Thrones a few years ago, but who could imagine this list without them?) Our list is guaranteed to start plenty of loud arguments – but the beauty of TV is how it keeps giving us so much to argue about.
    I just skimmed the list, but I don't like when they include shows like The Daily Show on lists like this. It should be just for scripted shows only.

Country
    Country Flag

Really enjoying The Good Place. I didn't know Drew Goddard had a hand in it. Very light and fun. Perfect ice-cream-eating watching.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Really enjoying The Good Place. I didn't know Drew Goddard had a hand in it. Very light and fun. Perfect ice-cream-eating watching.
    That's the perfect way to look at it. It's light fun. It's not high-brow or anything, but it's a nice show to just sit back and relax to.

Country
    Country Flag

Also pleasantly surprised by Crisis in Six Scenes on Amazon Prime. The early reviews seemed lackluster but it's very good, very Woody (if you don't like that, well that's that), and Miley Cyrus is surprisingly great.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Me and my wife watch little television anymore but started watching Designated Survivor. I have a sneaking suspicion this show will quickly be overwhelmed with a story they can't fully contain with their script and actors. There have also been some annoying character inconsistencies with Kiefers character and some very broad stroke attempts to address social issues...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Me and my wife watch little television anymore...
    That's the saddest statement I've read in a long time.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I think you should mention your new avatar and how good Westworld was last night!!! I really liked the idea, the characters, and I'm very curious where this is going. Olden times mixed with futuristic soon to be possibilities.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'm binge-watching the latest season of Motive on USA. It's a Canadian crime series starring Kristin Lehman (The Killing). Tommy Flanagan (Chibs from Sons of Anarchy) joins mid-season. In the cold open, you're introduced to the killer and the victim out of context. Then the murder happens and the ensuing investigation ties it all together. Very clever plots.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I think you should mention your new avatar and how good Westworld was last night!!! I really liked the idea, the characters, and I'm very curious where this is going. Olden times mixed with futuristic soon to be possibilities.
    We created a thread for it in Fedic Station. Stop by.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

We are actually fairly happy.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

We are actually fairly happy.

I know, I was just messing around.

Seriously though, we're in the golden age of TV. I'm curious as to why you've abandoned it and why you've chosen Designated Survivor (I'm enjoying the show) as one of the few shows you watch.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

There have been some great shows recently (namely Breaking Bad and GOT) but I'm not sure this is the Golden Age. Most are a far cry from things I watched when I was younger. I still enjoy re-runs of MASH, Cheers, Golden Girls, Seinfeld, Roseanne, and others. I'm not really sure GOT will be something I re-watch with enjoyment in 20 years.

Guess we are just an old married couple. We have other interests that we value more than television. Activities together, home projects, reading, walking, watching the sun set, sitting on the porch and enjoying nature, etc., etc.

In regards to Designated Survivor the premise was interesting to me. It seemed like it could be fresh take on a catastrophe.

I know, I was just messing around.

Seriously though, we're in the golden age of TV. I'm curious as to why you've abandoned it and why you've chosen Designated Survivor (I'm enjoying the show) as one of the few shows you watch.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

MASH, Cheers, Golden Girls, Seinfeld, Roseanne Vs. Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Spartacus, Lost, etc.

No way. lol

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There have been some great shows recently (namely Breaking Bad and GOT) but I'm not sure this is the Golden Age. Most are a far cry from things I watched when I was younger. I still enjoy re-runs of MASH, Cheers, Golden Girls, Seinfeld, Roseanne, and others. I'm not really sure GOT will be something I re-watch with enjoyment in 20 years.
    That might just be the nostalgia berries talking. Over the past 15 years, the level quality on TV has been remarkable.

Also, many of the shows you listed are some of my favorites. I grew up watching Cheers, Golden Girls and Roseanne as well. However, one thing I should point out about the shows you listed is that they are all sitcoms. Granted, M*A*S*H wasn't technically a sitcom, but it's hard to deny that it was mainly a comedy.

So my point is that we will never see the level of comedies that we saw back then, but as far as dramas are concerned, the level of quality is immense. The production values alone is unmatched from any other era.

I could list you a dozen shows that are on the air right now that you've probably never even heard of that are fantastic.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That might just be the nostalgia berries talking. Over the past 15 years, the level quality on TV has been remarkable.

Also, many of the shows you listed are some of my favorites. I grew up watching Cheers, Golden Girls and Roseanne as well. However, one thing I should point out about the shows you listed is that they are all sitcoms. Granted, M*A*S*H wasn't technically a sitcom, but it's hard to deny that it was mainly a comedy.

So my point is that we will never see the level of comedies that we saw back then, but as far as dramas are concerned, the level of quality is immense. The production values alone is unmatched from any other era.

I could list you a dozen shows that are on the air right now that you've probably never even heard of that are fantastic.
    I agree.. we are in the Golden Age of TV for sure. The caliber of TV and what can be done with streaming services like Netflix has changed the landscape...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I will also put this out there...We are not big fans of gratuitous violence and sex. One show we love, Game of Thrones, has both but the story line and acting is strong enough for us to see past what we consider unneeded elements to good story telling. We cannot take a ton of that mess.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You are certainly right about drama. The drama on television now is much better. But the lighter, satirical stuff, is just not that good. (I forgot to mention we loved season 1 of True Detective and The Killing). Again, we just can't watch much of that intense violence, sex, and gore. We would like to see more things that are satirical and can be watched in a family environment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 188 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 ... LastLast