Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 188 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel like the Exorcist really nailed the tone and feeling of the original film. It is my selection for scariest film of all time and was surprised to see it well done on Fox
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I feel like the Exorcist really nailed the tone and feeling of the original film. It is my selection for scariest film of all time and was surprised to see it well done on Fox
    Exorcist is mine as well. I read the book and was hoping the book was the truer story about the 13 year old boy and not Reagan, but I wasn't disappointed either way. But like Mike said, there is no originality with TV networks anymore. Exorcist, and it is early, will hopefully be an exception as I love the premise of it.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I started the Pilot last night but fell asleep halfway through. Planning on finishing it today.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What I'm saying is that the show could be called anything. It doesn't have to be called The Exorcist. It could just be about an exorcist. The film is a masterpiece. No need for a TV version. I haven't watched the pilot, and I don't plan to. It doesn't surprise me that the pilot was strong. Usually a lot of time and money goes into the pilot, it's the subsequent episodes that will tell the true story of the quality of the show.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you to the new MacGyver for telling me what a paper clip is. I had no idea.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Thank you to the new MacGyver for telling me what a paper clip is. I had no idea.
    Lol, shut it off 20 mins in.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Saw a preview and never looked back. Zero desire
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Saw a preview and never looked back. Zero desire
    As we discussed above, it's just not something we need. On top of it, the advent of all this technology negates much of what made MacGyver great.

My Mood
    Confused

What I'm saying is that the show could be called anything. It doesn't have to be called The Exorcist. It could just be about an exorcist. The film is a masterpiece. No need for a TV version. I haven't watched the pilot, and I don't plan to. It doesn't surprise me that the pilot was strong. Usually a lot of time and money goes into the pilot, it's the subsequent episodes that will tell the true story of the quality of the show.
    Not sure if you ever saw the TV show Sleepy Hollow, but the pilot was like watching a damn amazing great movie. It was really impressive, and the following episodes were interesting, but nowhere near what the pilot brought. Show had promise here and there, but overall trailed into bad territory. And finally, into awful and then cancelled.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if you ever saw the TV show Sleepy Hollow, but the pilot was like watching a damn amazing great movie. It was really impressive, and the following episodes were interesting, but nowhere near what the pilot brought. Show had promise here and there, but overall trailed into bad territory. And finally, into awful and then cancelled.
    Living so close to the actual Sleepy Hollow cemetery, people are always talking about it, so I had a lot of interest in the show at first. I enjoyed the first few episodes, but bailed shortly after.

Actually, I just visited Sleepy Hollow cemetery a few weeks back. The writer of Sleepy Hollow, Washington Irving is buried there. It's an amazing place.

My Mood
    Confused

That is awesome Mike. If you write or even need time to reflect, I feel that would be a great place to think and relax. But that could just be me. You took some nice pics!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That is awesome Mike. If you write or even need time to reflect, I feel that would be a great place to think and relax. But that could just be me. You took some nice pics!
    Thanks! You hit the nail on the head, it would be a great place to just chill out and reflect. It's so quiet there. There's some really cool crypts there and you can go up top and overlook the whole cemetery. I would love to just read a book up there or something.

Unfortunately, the one picture I don't have is one I wanted to take of a wall of old keys. Inside the information office, I saw a door cracked open a bit. I peered inside and there was a wall of old, rusty, ornate keys. Now, I have a thing for keys, I'm not sure what it is, they're just cool. I asked the lady if those are the keys to the crypts and she said yes and that some of them have been hanging in the exact same place on the wall for over a 100 years. I then asked her if I could take a picture and she said no. I'm not really sure why, it's not like I would then take the picture to a 3D printer, make a key, break into the crypts and then take a huge dump or something.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is the view from the top of one of the crypts. I couldn't help but think of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. "Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?"

My Mood
    Confused

That's really impressive. I would have pointed and had her look, at whatever....a ghost?, and then taken a picture. Never hurts to be sneaky. Skeleton keys are always cool IMO. I have an old three drawer chest but no key for it. I personally like using old keys like that and hearing them make such a different sound when they unlock or lock.

Anyway, just be careful at night at that cemetery. It may look really peaceful during the day, but at night, who knows what might climb out of those graves! Hopefully that is only in the movies and the imagination. Hopefully......

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Gave the Exorcist a 2/5, won't be watching episode 2. The exact point I knew I wouldn't be continuing was the

Spoiler:
    Alan Ruck/Alzheimer Dad somehow knowing not only about the priest's visions but also the location of the exorcist he was looking for

scene. Nope, boo and boo. Let's see where I'm at with new/returning shows so far (ratings out of 5):

American Horror Story 3 and 3
    Brooklyn Nine Nine 4 and 3
    Bull 5 and 4
    Dancing With The Stars 3 and 3 and 2 and 4
    Exorcist 2
    Family Guy 4
    Good Place 3
    Grey's Anatomy 4
    Hell's Kitchen 4
    Last Man On Earth 3
    Lethal Weapon 4
    Lucifer 4
    MacGyver 3
    New Girl 3 and 3
    Shark Tank 4
    Son Of Zorn 3
    South Park 2 and 2
    Survivor 3
    This Is Us 5
    Voice 3 and 2 and 4 and 3
    You're The Worst 3 and 3 and 3

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is there any new show out there that is worth a watch? So far none for me... I did however give Sherlock a try... WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING???????? Waiting so long to watch this masterpeice?????? What a good show... 9.5/10 so far for me!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Confused

Is there any new show out there that is worth a watch? So far none for me... I did however give Sherlock a try... WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING???????? Waiting so long to watch this masterpeice?????? What a good show... 9.5/10 so far for me!
    Did a new episode come out since the "deadly bride" or haunting bride or whichever episode that was? Cinemax has "Quarry," 3 episodes and I think it is pretty good thus far.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Last Man On Earth 3
    My wife and I have been watching this since it first came on. We are starting to wonder how many more Sons of Anarchy characters are going to show up. So far it's 2 and counting...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Abominable Bride, and no.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Abominable Bride, and no.
    Thanks, that was it. That was the episode I liked the least. I enjoyed them all, just saying.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I still have it in my TO WATCH folder.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's really impressive. I would have pointed and had her look, at whatever....a ghost?, and then taken a picture. Never hurts to be sneaky. Skeleton keys are always cool IMO. I have an old three drawer chest but no key for it. I personally like using old keys like that and hearing them make such a different sound when they unlock or lock.

Anyway, just be careful at night at that cemetery. It may look really peaceful during the day, but at night, who knows what might climb out of those graves! Hopefully that is only in the movies and the imagination. Hopefully......

I should have tried that. I'm glad I'm not the only one that enjoys old keys. They really are cool. Also, that cemetery, like most, would be straight up creepy at night.

My Mood
    Confused

I should have tried that. I'm glad I'm not the only one that enjoys old keys. They really are cool. Also, that cemetery, like most, would be straight up creepy at night.
    I moved, so far regret it. I say this because up north has way better food. But the biggest thing is the changing seasons and I have always been a cold weather person. You can always dress warmer, not colder. I'll miss a white Christmas. Anyway, my point is that close to Cleveland to the 90E freeway was a cemetery. Obviously not very secluded because of the roads and freeway, but there was the most amazing house inside the cemetery. Very cool looking and obviously creepy at the same time. At one point a couple years ago they were selling some of the antique furniture. I know this is the TV forum, but I'll be brief. I'll look into it and if I find any pictures I will post them quickly. I'm fine with the change of pace discussions.

My Mood
    Confused

I saw on Amazon there is a first episode of a show called "Aftermath." Not sure if it is an Amazon exclusive. It's about coping with an apocalyptic world with supernatural creatures. Anyway see this new show? Not me, but I was planning on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 188 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 ... LastLast