Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 188 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This Is Us is such a stupid show title.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Of course I watched Mr. Robot Iwritecode. I needed to kill some time so I watched the new Ghostbusters. Not the thread for the movie but I smiled a couple times and threw that movie into the turd pile.

As for Mr. Robot, I truly enjoyed it like every episode. Love how Elliot was wrong about something (not spoiling it). Curious about the ending though and why that guy showed up. Also, curious about what Elliot was seeing in the end. Can't really mention it as I'm not sure who watched it.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Of course I watched Mr. Robot Iwritecode. I needed to kill some time so I watched the new Ghostbusters. Not the thread for the movie but I smiled a couple times and threw that movie into the turd pile.

As for Mr. Robot, I truly enjoyed it like every episode. Love how Elliot was wrong about something (not spoiling it). Curious about the ending though and why that guy showed up. Also, curious about what Elliot was seeing in the end. Can't really mention it as I'm not sure who watched it.
    That guy is
    Spoiler:
    an agent of the Dark Army -- it's letting us know that these two co-conspirators haven't really escaped the way they thought they have.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Thanks Bev. I thought so, but wasn't sure with Elliot dealing with "himself" when he was incarcerated. So "that guy" in the end was kind of an open interpretation for me, but you cleared it up.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone spoils Mr. Robot season 2 for me I will kill them.

Did anyone catch the Falling Skies premiere last night?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    If anyone spoils Mr. Robot season 2 for me I will kill them.

Quit Falling Skies start of last season... just got worse and worse for me. I also have not gotten past episode 5 of Mr. Robot. Not as good as the 1st season for me
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What's Falling Skies? Oh right, that show that was pretty decent for a season and then went DOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNhill fast.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Huh? Falling Skies ended last summer. Maybe you mean another show?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Huh? Falling Skies ended last summer. Maybe you mean another show?
    Shit, my bad! I mixed up the title.

I was actually referring to Falling Water; the show that's pretty much Inception in TV format.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillb.../#410f147877b7

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    What's Falling Skies? Oh right, that show that was pretty decent for a season and then went DOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNhill fast.
    Agreed. The acting and dialogue was so bad!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Bull was excellent, 5/5
    Give it 6 more episodes and I guarantee you won't feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

Anyone else watching Mr Robot? That ending last night... Can't wait for season 3.
    I haven't watched the finale, but I love Mr. Robot. I was among the first people touting that show on here last summer.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't usually watch pilots, but I'm supporting my fellow Canadian who is essentially the greatest American hero ever, Kiefer Sutherland, and I checked out Designated Survivor. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either, mostly because the pilot mostly covers pretty much what we knew from the premise so it felt pretty perfunctory. It has some decent actors in it and the apparent mix of war politics, mystery, and I action (I guess, not sure how much, but I'm sure we'll see some) so I say it has potential. Let's see where it is after 6 episodes. The one part of the pilot that really bugged me is
    Spoiler:
    The general being so 'YOU CAN'T LEAD THE COUNTRY/LET'S KILL HIM' right off is a little heavy-handed, especially when the one guy is already a source of conflict with the impromptu administration
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I don't usually watch pilots, but I'm supporting my fellow Canadian who is essentially the greatest American hero ever, Kiefer Sutherland, and I checked out Designated Survivor. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either, mostly because the pilot mostly covers pretty much what we knew from the premise so it felt pretty perfunctory. It has some decent actors in it and the apparent mix of war politics, mystery, and I action (I guess, not sure how much, but I'm sure we'll see some) so I say it has potential. Let's see where it is after 6 episodes. The one part of the pilot that really bugged me is
    Spoiler:
    The general being so 'YOU CAN'T LEAD THE COUNTRY/LET'S KILL HIM' right off is a little heavy-handed, especially when the one guy is already a source of conflict with the impromptu administration
    I agree with everything you said. Great to see Natasha McElhone. It's a huge concept, one that's almost too big to take on, and you have to wonder how it's all going to play out. I liked it okay -- good to see Keifer as someone less assured than Jack Bauer, but you get the sense he's going to turn badass pretty quickly. I'll give it a few episodes to see where they go.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default General Television Discussion

I've been reluctant to start watching this one because after that previous show he was in which I did not enjoy at all (I forget the name of it now), it pains me to see him in anything not as good as 24 was for me. Even though certain sub-plots of some seasons were criticized, I was a big fan of that show overall. Still, being Keifer, I know I will probably give it a chance at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I really liked The Good Place last night. Anyone else watch?
    Few recent comedies have worked for me, but I like this one a lot, and it's 99% due to Kristen Bell. And I really like the way the most recent episode ended. Game changer.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was the other show Touch? He was in that one a few years ago with the kid who plays Bruce on Gotham.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah that was it. I remember watching it and really wanted to like it but I just couldn't get into it.

Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed it but had the same problem with it that I do with lots of shows: too many standalone "case of the week" episodes and not enough time spent on the central mysteries and questions.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just can't bring myself to watch The Good Place. The commercials for it take away all desire to see it. I think it looks incredibly stupid - which means it will probably run for at least 12 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Just can't bring myself to watch The Good Place. The commercials for it take away all desire to see it. I think it looks incredibly stupid - which means it will probably run for at least 12 seasons.
    I am genuinely enjoying this show. There's no laugh track, which is a huge plus. And Bell and Danson are fantastic.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Kristen Bell but I think I hate Ted Danson, so they kind of cancel each other out. Interesting premise but I immediately think about the leg such a premise has.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

enjoyed The Exorcist pilot!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It disgusts me that there are 4 new TV shows based on movies. They're only doing it for name recognition. There's nothing unique about Lethal Weapon as a premise. You could make that a buddy cop show and call it anything. Same thing with the The Exorcist. It's the main reason why the networks are falling behind every other media platform. They're unoriginal and they think mainstream audiences are stupid and will consume anything just because they are familiar with the source material. In some cases they're right.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    It disgusts me that there are 4 new TV shows based on movies. They're only doing it for name recognition. There's nothing unique about Lethal Weapon as a premise. You could make that a buddy cop show and call it anything. Same thing with the The Exorcist. It's the main reason why the networks are falling behind every other media platform. They're unoriginal and they think mainstream audiences are stupid and will consume anything just because they are familiar with the source material. In some cases they're right.
    Agreed.
    I did like Exorcist though. The ending was pretty intense and hopefully more will come. Bit of a shocker to where Tomas the priest's mindset was.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Of the new network shows I checked out The Good Place and Designated Survivor. Both solid. Will keep watching. This Is Us still on tap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 188 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 ... LastLast