Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 188 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 165 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Ricky, it's better marketting when a show comes back from the dead. Zombies are so hot right now.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Or go the True Detective route where you tell isolated stories with new characters and new location each season. Even shows that start strong like Prison Break and True Blood and then go off the rails right after. I don't invest in new shows very often because of it.
    That seems to be where things are trending. Shows like American Horror Story, Fargo and True Detective are able to keep their shows fresh with a new storyline every year and sometimes new actors. This is also an easy way to lure bigger names and not have them sign on for multiple seasons.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of zombies, here's a trailer for Kirkman's new series:

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    What I don't understand about networks is when they cancel a show, it's done forever...until they decide to revive it years later (X-Files, Heroes, etc.). I think it would make more sense (and infuriate audiences less) if they would just say something along the lines of "we're ending it for now, but may decide to do another season at another time" rather than say it's ending for good. More of taking a "break" with a show rather than cancelling it altogether.
    In canceling the show, they are releasing the actors from their contracts. It's a legal thing. The actors have to be available for a subsequent season and can't do other projects that would potentially interfere with production otherwise.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of cancelling shows, Extant is now extinct.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    . rather than say it's ending for good. More of taking a "break" ... rather than cancelling it altogether.
    Like Ross and Rachel?? LOL
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Am I the only person watching The Leftovers? Season 1 was somewhat uneven, but the first episode of season 2 has me intrigued. I'm almost thinking season 2 might be a decent place to jump in if you missed the first season.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Am I the only person watching The Leftovers? Season 1 was somewhat uneven, but the first episode of season 2 has me intrigued. I'm almost thinking season 2 might be a decent place to jump in if you missed the first season.
    I watched Season 1. I really liked the Sci-Fi story line of 120 million people disappearing at the same time. Maybe it was 140 million worldwide? But the story has nothing to do with that. I figured people, the government, somebody would be looking into why this had happened to Earth and the human population. God? Aliens? An anomaly? Nothing of the sort. It was based on basically loss or when someone you love dies. Almost simply a grieving show for the people that lost loved ones. For me the plot had nothing to do with what was going on. But, I did really like some of the characters and their acting. Season 2....wtf is going on? But I am interested enough to continue to see what happens. Though I am clueless as to what the premiere of season 2 had to do with "The Leftovers."
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I watched Season 1. I really liked the Sci-Fi story line of 120 million people disappearing at the same time. Maybe it was 140 million worldwide? But the story has nothing to do with that. I figured people, the government, somebody would be looking into why this had happened to Earth and the human population. God? Aliens? An anomaly? Nothing of the sort. It was based on basically loss or when someone you love dies. Almost simply a grieving show for the people that lost loved ones. For me the plot had nothing to do with what was going on. But, I did really like some of the characters and their acting. Season 2....wtf is going on? But I am interested enough to continue to see what happens. Though I am clueless as to what the premiere of season 2 had to do with "The Leftovers."
    Yeah, I agree. I thought we were getting something totally different when I started watching. What we got was a show dealing with people coming to terms with the fact that they lost their loved ones out of thin air.

Since I know the format of the show now, my expectations have changed for season 2.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I thought we were getting something totally different when I started watching. What we got was a show dealing with people coming to terms with the fact that they lost their loved ones out of thin air.

Since I know the format of the show now, my expectations have changed for season 2.
    I'm not going to sit here and promote it as a great show, but I do enjoy some of the characters and they do a solid job. I will continue to watch it as I really enjoy Justin Theroux and Carrie Coon.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The Leftovers' first season was damn good. Incredibly slow, but INTERESTING. I loved the smoking cult. Haven't started the second season yet.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    The Leftovers' first season was damn good. Incredibly slow, but INTERESTING. I loved the smoking cult. Haven't started the second season yet.
    I thought the premiere was rather good.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I gave up on the Leftovers...... BORING. Sorry too slow and there is a lot of amazing stuff to watch and use my time on.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I gave up on the Leftovers...... BORING. Sorry too slow and there is a lot of amazing stuff to watch and use my time on.
    I don't blame you. There were a few episodes that really lost me. Season 2 seems like it's going to be a bit more interesting.

Speaking of season 2 of shows. The season 2 premiere of Fargo was fantastic. One of the better made episodes I've seen of a show for a long time. I really enjoyed season 1, but 2 might top it.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I don't blame you. There were a few episodes that really lost me. Season 2 seems like it's going to be a bit more interesting.

Speaking of season 2 of shows. The season 2 premiere of Fargo was fantastic. One of the better made episodes I've seen of a show for a long time. I really enjoyed season 1, but 2 might top it.
    chops!
    Love the dialogue and I'm seeing it as being great like season 1.

My Mood
    Confused

Any comments on American Horror Story Hotel?
    I loved the music in the premiere and it seemed and fit appropriately. Waiting and curious about the plot. For me it was right up my alley. Dark, fucked up, and disturbing. Not sure how I feel about Lady GaGa. She's weird, the show is weird, and her character is weird. Perhaps up her alley?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone watching Crazy Ex-Girlfriend? Just watched the first episode, loved it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I never read Alias, so I'm not sure what to expect. Looking forward to this regardless.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll give it a whirl. The Marvel-Netflix tandem has earned the benefit of a doubt.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    I never read Alias, so I'm not sure what to expect. Looking forward to this regardless.
    Here's a good but spoilerish overview of the comic:

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    I'll give it a whirl. The Marvel-Netflix tandem has earned the benefit of a doubt.
    Indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Here's a good but spoilerish overview of the comic:
    Thanks! I never read the book because Bendis runs kinda hot/cold with me, but this sounds pretty interesting. I may have to check out a TPB at some point.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Bendis is pretty hit or miss for me too.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

South Park was great again this week. Love the issues they tackled.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Is anyone watching Crazy Ex-Girlfriend? Just watched the first episode, loved it.
    I'm afraid it's just you and me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 188 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 165 ... LastLast