Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 188 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 4692

Thread: General Television Discussion

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Heather, this is a pretty good site too.

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/

There's an episode list that breaks it up into different sections. A section for no spoilers, a section for episode spoilers and a section for book spoilers. I can see where people who don't read the books might get lost. I'm constantly clearing things up for my non-book friends.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I started watching "The Americans." Not bad, it's on FX. I liked the 1st season better then the 2nd thus far. To me, nowhere near as good as "Homeland." Then again, many people thought Homeland was over and were stunned it got 4th season, and more stunned it got a 5th. I'm hoping the 5th will be the last.

I know there is one more season, season 5, for "Hell on Wheels." It's no "Deadwood," but not bad either. IMO
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The first season of The Americans is no where near as good as the second season. The third season is also very strong.

It's the opposite for Homeland. The first season was fantastic, but the seasons since then haven't been as strong. I actually really enjoyed this past season of Homeland now that the
    Spoiler:
    Brody storyline is resolved.

I would say keep watching The Americans, it gets better.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    The first season of The Americans is no where near as good as the second season. The third season is also very strong.

It's the opposite for Homeland. The first season was fantastic, but the seasons since then haven't been as strong. I actually really enjoyed this past season of Homeland now that the
    Spoiler:
    Brody storyline is resolved.

I would say keep watching The Americans, it gets better.
    I've noticed that about Americans as in getting better as it progresses. Personally, I could never live that way let alone deal with the type of "personal" relationships that they have.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

There's an episode list that breaks it up into different sections. A section for no spoilers, a section for episode spoilers and a section for book spoilers. I can see where people who don't read the books might get lost. I'm constantly clearing things up for my non-book friends.
    Thanks Mike!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Thanks Mike!
    No problem, Heather!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Confused

A lot of reading fans are starting an uproar against the drastic adaptation changes from the show to the books of Game of Thrones. I know what they are referring to, but won't mention what they are. I will say that the last episode was probably the worst episode they have ever done thus far. As in shitty. One thing that sells the show to the viewer is the shock and awe by not expecting things that happen. This last episode you could see everything coming a mile away as the build up is easily apparent and even some useless story telling. I hope this isn't a trend.

Also, I'm hearing only 1 season of "Wayward Pines" and that is it. Not sure if it'll be any good, but with all shows ending, it might be something to look into for the summer.

My Mood
    Confused

I started watching The Fall with Gillian Anderson and Jaime Dornan about a serial killer in Ireland. Season 1 is 5 episodes, season 2 is 6. Almost done with season 1 and it's not bad. I think it's on the channel BBC

My Mood
    Confused

I watched the pilot of Supergirl. I really didn't like the story or the characters.
    I see a decline of over-polluting the genre by making every hero have a show or movie. It truly has begun. The demise of the comic adaptation has begun.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Also, I'm hearing only 1 season of "Wayward Pines" and that is it. Not sure if it'll be any good, but with all shows ending, it might be something to look into for the summer.
    I enjoyed the first episode. Thought it was decent. But being a huge fan of the books, the second episode started to veer away for me. Hopefully it'll get back on track with the next one. I also wish it was more than one season so that they could slowly unfold everything and have a bit more mystery in there. It's been very rushed so far.

My Mood
    Confused

I enjoyed the first episode. Thought it was decent. But being a huge fan of the books, the second episode started to veer away for me. Hopefully it'll get back on track with the next one. I also wish it was more than one season so that they could slowly unfold everything and have a bit more mystery in there. It's been very rushed so far.
    How many books and are you caught up with the show? Huge plot twist at the end of third episode!! Never saw that coming. I think so far, not bad.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished Marvel's / Netflix's Daredevil over the weekend.

It's spellbound to several comic tropes, but it is still a fantastic crime caper in its own right. Unflinchingly violent, and occasionally surprising. The spot on action scenes are just the icing on the cake.

Would recommend it to anyone.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

It's spellbound to several comic tropes, but it is still a fantastic crime caper in its own right. Unflinchingly violent, and occasionally surprising. The spot on action scenes are just the icing on the cake.

100% agree. Liked it better than most of Marvels movies! I loved it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

How many books and are you caught up with the show? Huge plot twist at the end of third episode!! Never saw that coming. I think so far, not bad.
    There's 3 books, which I highly, highly recommend checking out. They're excellent, and a hundred times better than the series so far. The books were very good at building mystery and suspense, which I think the show is lacking quite a bit. They're kinda force feeding everything too you. Also this last episode was very different from the books, pretty much the whole thing didn't happen in the stories. Had I not read the books I'm sure I'd be enjoying it a lot more than I am, but since I'm obsessed with the books, I have a hard time with some of the changes they're making.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Confused

@Heather. Then that ending of episode 3 is then what? Not in any books? Does the show have the same storyline as Under the Dome? If you know the hidden end story......I don't like the plot at all of Under the Dome.

I gave up on Under the Dome after the first season because I hated how different it was from the story. And some things that happen are similar when it comes to Wayward Pines, but some either happen in different ways or not at all in the book. What part of the end are you talking about
    Spoiler:
    the creature? If so, then yes the creatures are in the book, but Ethan and his family don't try to flee town like that, nor does Ethan kill Pope in the books.
    I started a separate thread for the series since a lot of us seem to be watching the show

My Mood
    Confused

I gave up on Under the Dome after the first season because I hated how different it was from the story. And some things that happen are similar when it comes to Wayward Pines, but some either happen in different ways or not at all in the book. What part of the end are you talking about
    Spoiler:
    the creature? If so, then yes the creatures are in the book, but Ethan and his family don't try to flee town like that, nor does Ethan kill Pope in the books.
    I started a separate thread for the series since a lot of us seem to be watching the show
    spoiler
    Under the Dome is one book, so one summer season of say 13-20 episodes would have been tolerable. Now it's just an elongated wreck to me. Though the main plot, unknown yet, I don't like. King likes to write too much about that type of thing .

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Different tone. I would love to see this Daredevil cross over to the MCU.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Different tone. I would love to see this Daredevil cross over to the MCU.
    OH ME TOO!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    When you say "Creature" you're referring to "Wayward Pines"? If so, I'm gonna look into this. Very interesting to me. I love "Monsters"!!! Did I ever tell you guys that they shot a lot of scene's from the '98 (?) version of "Godzilla" down the street from my office on 23rd St.? I'd come in in the morning and they would be tearing it down from the night's shooting. Weird to see guys carrying huge chunks of building on their shoulders (they were made of styrofoam, but looked real)!!! The scene where they fed the monster, a tarp with fish sewn in and a balloon inflated underneath!! Movie Magic!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Spoiler:
    When you say "Creature" you're referring to "Wayward Pines"? If so, I'm gonna look into this. Very interesting to me. I love "Monsters"!!! Did I ever tell you guys that they shot a lot of scene's from the '98 (?) version of "Godzilla" down the street from my office on 23rd St.? I'd come in in the morning and they would be tearing it down from the night's shooting. Weird to see guys carrying huge chunks of building on their shoulders (they were made of styrofoam, but looked real)!!! The scene where they fed the monster, a tarp with fish sewn in and a balloon inflated underneath!! Movie Magic!!!
    Yes Wayward Pines, but Heather stated the books are better and that with this show being only one season, it seems rushed. For a viewer only, maybe a good thing? When my father worked downtown in Cleveland, when it was nice, May Co., he saw and met many people. One monster so to speak was Jerry Jones from Dallas Cowboys lol.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Yes Wayward Pines, but Heather stated the books are better and that with this show being only one season, it seems rushed. For a viewer only, maybe a good thing? When my father worked downtown in Cleveland, when it was nice, May Co., he saw and met many people. One monster so to speak was Jerry Jones from Dallas Cowboys lol.
    I have to check this out. The author?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 188 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast