Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 188 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Off the bat
    lol

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The last couple of episodes of Six Feet Under season 3 are just... gaahhh, devastating!

Spoiler:
    I have to wait for the final disc containing the last two episodes to arrive at my house, but I couldn't wait! I wikipedia'd the last two episodes because I had to know NOW.

I really wanted Lisa and Nate to work out. I felt he could have finally found the peace he was looking for.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Finally finished up American Horror Story: Freak Show the other day. I lost interest in it right around the time they killed off the clown. He was the most interesting character on the show by far. After that it was like they really didn't know what to do and were just playing out the string. I didn't like the ending much at all.
    Spoiler:
    Lets just kill everyone except for a couple of the main characters, let Elsa essentially commit suicide and then live in an afterlife where she gets completely forgiven and gets to live her dream for all eternity.

Slightly looking forward to the new Heroes show.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Finally finished up American Horror Story: Freak Show the other day. I lost interest in it right around the time they killed off the clown. He was the most interesting character on the show by far. After that it was like they really didn't know what to do and were just playing out the string. I didn't like the ending much at all.
    Spoiler:
    Lets just kill everyone except for a couple of the main characters, let Elsa essentially commit suicide and then live in an afterlife where she gets completely forgiven and gets to live her dream for all eternity.

Slightly looking forward to the new Heroes show.
    i agree. Nothing will beat the first season as I absolutely loved that one. And yeah, no more clown meant no more show. Show wasn't scary, just weird.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Has anyone attempted to watch "12 Monkeys" or "Helix?" I love Helix. I loved the first season of Helix as everyone had secrets and there was always a hidden agenda for a larger one. Plus the elevator happy go lucky music is fantastic as it doesn't come close to being used properly when people are dying. Funny in my opinion. The second season seems to be moving like the first. Slow, but moving in the right direction....we will see.
    As for 12 Monkeys, I don't like it. Taking an odd or OK movie and turning it into a TV series doesn't do it for me. I didn't like, "From Dusk til Dawn" show either.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone attempted to watch "12 Monkeys" or "Helix?" I love Helix. I loved the first season of Helix as everyone had secrets and there was always a hidden agenda for a larger one. Plus the elevator happy go lucky music is fantastic as it doesn't come close to being used properly when people are dying. Funny in my opinion. The second season seems to be moving like the first. Slow, but moving in the right direction....we will see.
    As for 12 Monkeys, I don't like it. Taking an odd or OK movie and turning it into a TV series doesn't do it for me. I didn't like, "From Dusk til Dawn" show either.
    I haven't started Helix yet, but after seeing it recently added to Netflix I was contemplating giving it a shot. I Remember when they were first advertising for it on SYFY and I was going to watch it. Unfortunately, life got busy.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone besides myself looking forward to Season 2 of TURN?

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    Is anyone besides myself looking forward to Season 2 of TURN?
    yup. I dig that show. Great period piece. The Production Design in it is awesome

when does it start again?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    The last couple of episodes of Six Feet Under season 3 are just... gaahhh, devastating!

Spoiler:
    I have to wait for the final disc containing the last two episodes to arrive at my house, but I couldn't wait! I wikipedia'd the last two episodes because I had to know NOW.

I really wanted Lisa and Nate to work out. I felt he could have finally found the peace he was looking for.
    oh man, you are bringing back some memories! That's one of my very favorite shows, just wait til you get to season 4 episode 5, that episode is the one that stands out in my memory more than the others just because of how unexpected it was, excellent show! Jealous of anyone experiencing it for the first time

My Mood
    Confused

"Gotham" has the best previews I've seen on TV. Then you watch the show and it's awful. Bad writing, dumb characters, no acting. I like the Penguin and Enigma though. I'm curious if it'll be canceled after one season.
    "The 100" has a really good concept. Idiot humanity had a nuclear war and destroyed the planet so a small portion of humanity went to a space station to survive. After a 100 years on the station, they send down 100 bad seeds, kids, prisoners, to see if they die or live since the radiation from the war. The space station is dying itself. Good idea but again, ANOTHER show were people are constantly fighting among themselves. Show isn't bad, but isn't good either. At least the girls are cute in it. Just saying.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gotham was renewed for a second season.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Gotham is a terrible show. I stopped watching after 4 episodes. Did anyone watch it through to the end of S1?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gotham is a terrible show. I stopped watching after 4 episodes. Did anyone watch it through to the end of S1?
    Totally agree. Waste of time and pure trash.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's not terrible. It's uneven, but nowhere near terrible. The last couple of episodes have been kind of slow but I'm enjoying it as a pretty light fall show. I don't have any investment in the comics or the Batman canon outside of Nolan's films, so I don't really mind if they mess with the characters or chronology.

(And there's 5 more eps. until the season finale.)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Being a huge Batman fan, I hate to say that I agree with you. The concept behind it is pure genius. Just poorly executed.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    The concept behind it is pure genius.
    You're exaggerating, I'm sure. Creating Batman in the first place, by slightly tweaking the story of Zorro, was clever. Refining him in the 80s with "Year One" and "The Dark Knight Returns" was smart. The first movie was bright, the reboot was astute, its first sequel was brilliant. The concept behind "Smallville" was savvy. But how much perceptiveness did it really take in 2014 to come up with this show?

My Mood
    Confused

I've been watching Gotham, it's not over yet. Shocked it is continued for a season 2. It's slow, and pretty unwatchable. I start the show from my DVR, surf the internet and partially pay attention. Why do I do this? Because I started something and like an OCD person, I have to finish it. In all honestly I should stop. The writing is just bad.

My Mood
    Confused

You want to talk about actual well cast, well written, good shows? Talk about "Black Sails" "The Flash" and "Hannibal"
    Black sails has pirates, sex, good characters, and great take on pirates as we haven't seen a pirate show. I enjoy it!
    The Flash has great characters, very good special affects, it's nicely written, and the characters are very likeable. Love it and I don't like the flash as a comic hero.
    Hannibal I will talk about forever. My favorite current show.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

You want to talk about actual well cast, well written, good shows? Talk about "Black Sails" "The Flash" and "Hannibal"
    Black sails has pirates, sex, good characters, and great take on pirates as we haven't seen a pirate show. I enjoy it!
    The Flash has great characters, very good special affects, it's nicely written, and the characters are very likeable. Love it and I don't like the flash as a comic hero.
    Hannibal I will talk about forever. My favorite current show.
    I notice Mad Men is omitted, which is the best cast, best written, best show currently on TV.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I tried to hard to get into Mad Men... Just couldn't
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's because it doesn't have a hook. No cliffhangers. No characters getting killed off. Nothing out of the ordinary to add intrigue. No criminal element. You could say the hook is the advertising world but it's not really much of a hook when compared to what a show like Breaking Bad offers. That's why I like Mad Men so much. It's so good and doesn't rely on anything except it's characters and storytelling to keep people watching. It's the most gimmick free TV show I can think of.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Well said. That's thr way I felt.... Very well said my friend!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Confused

My father said I might like "Suits." "Mad Men" is during the 60's. I tried to watch it too, just couldn't get into it.

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed about Black Sails!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A friend told me today that I HAVE to watch Gotham....well, I'm glad I read your posts...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 188 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast