+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 188 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: General Television Discussion

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it just me, or is this completely retarded?

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/...ef=mpstoryview

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    Is it just me, or is this completely retarded?

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/...ef=mpstoryview

Oh god. Yes, yes it is.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Actually, I am very excited about Tin Man. I have been a fan of all aspects of Oz since I was a kid. When I was in Kindergarten, I watched the 1939 Judy Garland Wizard of Oz, literally, every day for a year. It firmly holds the spot of Fvaorite Movie of All Time for me. I also enjoyed Return to Oz with Fairuza Balk. The Wiz is the only one I didn't enjoy.

I love the original L. Frank Baum books(I have actually been listening to audio versions of them at work again as of late, partly in anticipation of the airing of Tin man tomorrow), as well as the reimaginings like Wicked!

I am a big fan of reimaginings of old stories, and I think, from previews and stuff that I have read, that Tin Man looks very very promising.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I think I might have to see that. I too am a fan of all/most things OZ. I've seeen all the movies including the pre '39 silent films and read all the books.

Also Ray Bolger was distant cousin.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

why? why does the second night of tin man have to start at the same time as the finale of heroes? why? i can't choose.

guh.

you know what, heroes has been making me mad lately. i'm choosing tin man.

or am i? fuck.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Haha. Hooray for dv-r! I haven't watched either yet, but I am about to start Heroes, then watch ep3 of Tin Man.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

i have a dv-r, but since i'm not home...i can't watch one.

so fuck off.

they're re-showing tonight's tin man tomorrow night. heroes is getting recorded. decision made.

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Last night they played Tin Man back to back, so you can probably catch late, late night if you want! Just an FYI. I recorded last night's and haven't watched it yet except the first 5 minutes.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

I am absolutely loving Tin Man.

Spoiler:
    I really enjoyed the scene in tonights episode where Azkadeliah and DG are young and in the forest getting apples.

Azkadeliah: We shouldn't be in the forest alone, there are wild beasts.

DG: Did you say...what kind of beasts were in the forest?

Azkadeliah: Oh, lions.....and tigers.......and....

<they see a bear>

DG: Oh my!

That cracked me up. I love the little nods to the original movie like that.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

THERE IS NOTHING ON TV TONIGHT!!!!! Gah.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't watch a lot of TV, only 3 shows and Packers football. I just want to say that I HATE everything about the writers strike. I don't give a shit who wants what, I just want my season back. Hurry the f*ck up!

Thank you.

Along the Path of the Beam Sympathy For The Devil is on a distinguished road Sympathy For The Devil's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont really watch that much tv, when i do its usally shows i have on dvd. My favs are The Sopranos (I cant believe that its finally over), The Sheild (I cant wait to see season 6!!), The X files, Seinfeld and arrested development. Oh wait i forgot about deadwood, i love that show, it gave me a whole new appreciation for the word 'cocksucker'. I cant believe thats been cancelled!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Lance is on a distinguished road Lance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sympathy For The Devil View Post
    Oh wait i forgot about deadwood, i love that show, it gave me a whole new appreciation for the word 'cocksucker'. I cant believe thats been cancelled!!
    I always loved how they spoke so poetic while throwing "cocksucker" in every other word.
    I'm Joe Collins, bitch. Recognize!

"I don't like pot. It dulls my hatred" - Darlene Conner

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

The Shield is awesome.

It makes me want to watch some films starring Forrest Whitteker.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    The Shield is awesome.
    That goes without saying.

We've been realling getting into the VH1 's "Greatist Soungs of the '90's" this week at work. It blew my shit when a 19 year (black :p) co worker said that she loved not only loved "Freak On A Leash" but that she was a big time Korn fan. I was all like "Damn, and I thought you were cool before."

And ftr, I know there's a lot of Korn haters out there and I don't give a rat's ass. Complaint Department >>>>10019 miles that way.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't have a problem with KOrn.

It's preferable to the Limp Bizkit songs, if you could even characterize them as such, which K-Rock used to play in a seemingly endless loop.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Ruthful, Do you know if Pushing Daisies is coming back soon with new episodes or did they finally run out? I think it's been repeats for the past couple of weeks.
    And I heard it got nominated for some award so hopefully it'll get picked up for next year.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Ruthful, Do you know if Pushing Daisies is coming back soon with new episodes or did they finally run out? I think it's been repeats for the past couple of weeks.
    And I heard it got nominated for some award so hopefully it'll get picked up for next year.
    Via Wiki:

Production History

The series was greenlit and given a 13-episode order by ABC on May 11, 2007.[3] On October 23, 2007, the show received a full season order.[4] However, scripts for only nine episodes were completed before the start of the 2007 Writers Guild of America strike,[5] Bryan Fuller reportedly made last-minute changes to the ninth episode to allow it to serve as a season finale.[6]

According to The Futon Critic, if/when the strike is resolved, the remaining 13 episodes, if they have been completed, will begin airing in the spring of 2008.[7]
    As of now it looks like it won't return until the WGA strike is resolved.

So I guess the last episode they had in the can aired two weeks ago.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks
    Hopefully the strike will end soon, I'm going to miss it.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks
    Hopefully the strike will end soon, I'm going to miss it.
    Ditto.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pushing Daisies was nominated for a Golden Globe for best comedy.

Although I love the show and hope that the nomination will draw viewers in, there's no way it should be nominated for best comedy over a show like The Office.

Just no way.

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I must say I'm impressed that Big Love got a Golden Globe nod. If anyone has actually ever watched it, the acting is REALLY good. The writing is so good it makes the viewers actually feel compassionate about polygamy...that's not to say it makes us want to BE polygamists, it just lets us feel for them, as twisted as the concept is.

I never really liked Chloe Sevigny before the show, and now I love her. She's an awesome actress.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always liked Chloe Sevigny, but that probably has more to do with her willingness to get down and do the nasty in front of a well-paid Hollywood film crew. That's what I call "artistic integrity."

Seriously though, is this show really good? One of its chief writers is that fruitcake Lawrence O'Donnell, correct? Wasn't he on the staff of that Sominex-like program known as The West Wing?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by She-Oy View Post
    I must say I'm impressed that Big Love got a Golden Globe nod. If anyone has actually ever watched it, the acting is REALLY good. The writing is so good it makes the viewers actually feel compassionate about polygamy...that's not to say it makes us want to BE polygamists, it just lets us feel for them, as twisted as the concept is.

I never really liked Chloe Sevigny before the show, and now I love her. She's an awesome actress.
    I love this show. I've been a big time fan of both Sevigny and Bill Paxton for years. And after watching it I've determined that I would NEver want to be a plygamist. That's just too much damn work!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 188 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast