Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 188 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 137 ... LastLast

Thread: General Television Discussion

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That reminds me : When the HELL is Breaking Bad S4 going to be available on Netflix ? I'm growing anxious man.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I would just die if that happened. But somehow they would have to bring Wash back.
    As much as Joss Whedon likes Alan Tudyk, I expect there would at least be a bunch of flashbacks with him in them.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, finished Ashes to Ashes again last night. Not as powerful as the ending of Life on Mars, but then, there's very few endings like that, and it was really fantastic at ending the series both on its own terms and resolving a few loose threads from Mars, at least. Now the question is: what now? Go back to watching the Wire? Might be the best option, especially since I was really enjoying that too. But it's gonna be a long couple of weeks until the LoM re-watch, that's for sure.

Hmmm, I think a fan made teaser trailer or two for one of the greatest shows ever is in order...
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post

Hmmm, I think a fan made teaser trailer or two for one of the greatest shows ever is in order...
    Do it!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, this doesn't sound like a shite rip-off at all:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s12...mes-pilot.html

Ok, I know that, being an adaptation of a much loved book series, Sherlock isn't exactly original, but it is one of the best adaptations of the character that I've watched on telly and on film. CBS trying to do the same while BBC's still currently popular...no, no, sorry, but I just don't like the look of this.

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone planning on watching The River on ABC tonight? It looks interesting. Kind of like a cross between LOST, Anaconda, and Paranormal Activity (Oren Peli from PA is producing it).

I just can't find out if it's going to be like Touch and tonight is only the "preview" and we'll have to wait another month or two?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was watching Grimm the other night and they actually used the word "palaver". I must confess that I'd never heard anyone use that word before reading The Dark Tower and I've never heard anyone ever use that word otherwise. I liked! .....even though I've been pronouncing it wrong

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The Thick of It might just be one of the greatest tv series made within the last 20 years. Possibly ever.

That is all.

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Thick of It might just be one of the greatest tv series made within the last 20 years. Possibly ever.

That is all.
    Of course, I'm assuming here that you don't count DW as merely a show, then, right? it's an experience And LoM/Sherlock is a set of amazing films, so that leaves those 2 out, right?

of course, know how much you love your television shows, this is quite high praise! Makes me want to watch it even more...

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, also I said it's one of the greatest tv shows, so it ranks along with the ones you mentioned. And you're right, I do not say that lightly.

- Melike

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Was watching Grimm the other night and they actually used the word "palaver". I must confess that I'd never heard anyone use that word before reading The Dark Tower and I've never heard anyone ever use that word otherwise. I liked! .....even though I've been pronouncing it wrong
    they used the word in one of the Pirates movies....lol

Does whatever a spiderman does.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

What do you think if Grimm? I am liking it so far, only on the second ep but it seems very good

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    What do you think if Grimm? I am liking it so far, only on the second ep but it seems very good
    I watch Grimm too. Monroe is the best!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Love Grimm Great fun show!!! Monroe is awesome.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Amber watches Grimm, I do not. It's one of the few shows I gave up on after two episodes. Too procedural for me.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post

I like it a lot! Wish he'd either get rid of his fiance or tell her about his secret life though. If he don't, the baddies will use her against him. ...and what's up with the police captain?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just a reminder:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ho-s-up-for-it

Where the hell is everyone? Come on, guys, we need more discussion! Shannon's finished series 1 already! I haven't been keeping up quite as well due to reviewing each episode as I would my favourite films, but I'm really keen to get as many views on this show as possible. (Especially if someone agrees with me, Jennifer and Jean as it being one of the greatest tv series ever made!)

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ok, my netflix instant free trial ends in 6 days, and I still haven't watched anything yet. Anyone have any recommendations?

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hard to say...I know from what little I've recommended to you, that they instant watch lists are a bit different...but I'll let you know!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Ok, my netflix instant free trial ends in 6 days, and I still haven't watched anything yet. Anyone have any recommendations?
    Wait, you have netflix and I didn't know? Is it just instant? I'm going to put together a long list for you tomorrow so this is your warning In the meantime, I'd recommend some Argento since we were talking about that earlier
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just as long as it's anything I can watch within the next few days, that'd be great!

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Got only 4 more stories of Cracker to watch, including the specials. A real shame, as it's easily one of the best shows I've ever watched. The last two stories in particular, Men Should Weep and Brotherly Love, have been really dark and powerful stuff, both of which had endings that just made me scream, "HOLY SHIT!"

For backup when I'm done with this series, does anyone know another series or film with Robbie Coltrane in a role where he's a total bastard who chainsmokes and chaindrinks all the time? And yes, I've watched obscure one off Alive and Kicking, where he plays a violent, chainsmoking and chaindrinking social worker who likes to kick the shit out of the people he's helping. Shit, watched that back in high school, and it was awesome: when Coltrane's character is kicking Lenny Henry's junkie character down, eventually the junkie says, "You're such a hipocrite! You do nothing but drink and smoke every day - you're more of an addict than I am!" "There's one addiction you seem to have missed, laddie!" "What's that?" KICK! "Sadism."

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Random question: is there anywhere on here to discuss The Wire? I'm in the middle of series 2 of it, and really heavily enjoying it. One of the best shows I've seen from HBO, and that is saying something. I especially love how it not only continues some important threads from the previous series, both character and plot wise, but also gives us a whole new look at crime in Baltimore with a brand new case, with its own set of criminals to follow and sympathise with it. It's one of those shows that just kind of sits in your head, and you slowly start to like it more and more because of how each ep gives you a lot of complex levels to think over. Oh, and it's hysterical: the moment with the tennis ball was just classic comedy that made me laugh my arse off without seeming out of place of the gritty realism of the show. When I first started watching it, I liked it. By the end of season 1, I really loved it. Now I don't think I can get enough of it.

As you can see, I really need discussion on this. Anywhere I can do that?

- Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not finding it right now. It probably ended up in the archived threads somewhere. Just start one and if I find the other I'll ressurect it and merge the two.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Cheers, Brice! I'll probably set up a thread after work, then.

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 188 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 137 ... LastLast