Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 188 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: General Television Discussion

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep go ahead and make an individual thread if you want.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm anxious for the return of Lost and Jericho. I also love the 4400.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

LOST!!

<---is totally excited for that.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

I need to go wath the last few episodes from last season to get caught up. Is it going to be delayed due to the writer's strike?

Gunslinger Apprentice JasKo is on a distinguished road JasKo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    LOST!!

Ditto, by far the best show out there!

I watch:

1. LOST
    2. PrisonBreak
    3. Heroes
    4. Shark
    5. All the CSI's
    6. How I met your mother(the best sitcom after Friends got taken of air)
    7. Chuck (Pretty pathetic but funny show)

I really dunno how I get the time for all of this, hehe!
    /You Suck!

Country
    Country Flag

Two and a Half Men
    Rules of Engagement

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleT View Post
    Two and a Half Men
    How can you watch that dreck?

Even when I catch evanescent glimpses of that show while channel-surfing I feel a torturous pain that I can only analogize to what political prisoners in Evin Prison in Iran, or internal exiles in a Siberian gulag, must experience.

To even call it "TV" is to insult the talent necessary in making, I don't know, Big Shots, or some equally execrable show that rises above the tolerance threshold below which you go into a state of toxic shock.

Seriously, WTH?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Am I the only person who watches Reaper?

Whenever I tell somebody about the show, they have never heard of it. Once I tell them it's on the CW, they look at me like they only know CW as 2 letters very far away from each other in the alphabet.

It's a really funny, smart show. You guys should give it a shot.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I've heard of it, just never have anytime to watch TV anymore. Is it really that good.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Am I the only person who watches Reaper?
    No, me and Heather chatted about it a few pages back-you can check out the tenor of the conversation if you like. Also, someone on the RLC mentioned it in their shoutbox last night.

You should just tell them it's on the network that succeeded the WB. That will ensure that they never want to watch that program, even in passing.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I remember we were wondering how much imput Kevin actually had in making the show, and on the episode the other night they had him listed as a consultant. My question is, what exactly does a consultant do? Does that mean they run storylines and ideas by him, or is he more involved somehow?

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I remember we were wondering how much imput Kevin actually had in making the show, and on the episode the other night they had him listed as a consultant. My question is, what exactly does a consultant do? Does that mean they run storylines and ideas by him, or is he more involved somehow?
    There are definitely some Kevin Smith elements-the novel concept underlying the show, for example, or the character of the Devil-but I'm not sure if this is a hands-on project for him.

I would guess it's not, but I could be mistaken.

There's probably more discussion about this subject on comics/TV message boards.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

BTW, he also directed the pilot.

I stand corrected. He does seem to be more involved-at least, according to this reviewer-than I had assumed.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/11/28/re...shes-to-ashes/

If there was ever a doubt about how involved Kevin Smith is in this series, tonight's episode should put those doubts to rest. Watching Sam, Sock and Ben discuss Sam's love trials made me feel like I was watching Jay & Silent Bob Chase Amy at the Mall. I really appreciate how the show has taken its time revealing the relationship between Sam and Andi. It's great when the character who is in an unreal situation still has to deal with very real problems. I know that no show can ever replace Buffy, but Reaper comes awfully close for me.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    Two and a Half Men
    How can you watch that dreck?

Even when I catch evanescent glimpses of that show while channel-surfing I feel a torturous pain that I can only analogize to what political prisoners in Evin Prison in Iran, or internal exiles in a Siberian gulag, must experience.

To even call it "TV" is to insult the talent necessary in making, I don't know, Big Shots, or some equally execrable show that rises above the tolerance threshold below which you go into a state of toxic shock.

Seriously, WTH?
    I think it's about the funniest show I've ever seen.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lance is on a distinguished road Lance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone heard any word about when the writers' strike will be over? I'm tired of watching reruns of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report from friggin May.
    I'm Joe Collins, bitch. Recognize!

"I don't like pot. It dulls my hatred" - Darlene Conner

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Has anyone heard any word about when the writers' strike will be over? I'm tired of watching reruns of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report from friggin May.
    I heard it may extend past the first of the year. It's going to get really annoying quick when the rest of the shows run out of new episodes.

I did hear that some of the late night shows are planning on coming back soon. They will make interviews longer and have more music. I'm not sure if this includes Colbert and The Daily Show.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I heard it may extend past the first of the year. It's going to get really annoying quick when the rest of the shows run out of new episodes.

I did hear that some of the late night shows are planning on coming back soon. They will make interviews longer and have more music. I'm not sure if this includes Colbert and The Daily Show.
    A few of the shows already have run out. Like The Office.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Each to their own, as the saying goes.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the most appalling reality tv show today on Bravo. Real Housewives of Orange County.

Oh MY god (say it with me in true Chandler-ease)!

These women are disgusting. They are all about 40 years old and run around like they are 17. They even speak like teenagers. Everything about these women is so overly superficial it's sick.

It's as if with each penny they have, it kills a brain cell.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Sounds pretty obnoxious. That's why I can't watch reality tv. It makes me angry rather than entertained.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by She-Oy View Post
    I watched the most appalling reality tv show today on Bravo. Real Housewives of Orange County.

These women are disgusting. They are all about 40 years old and run around like they are 17. They even speak like teenagers. Everything about these women is so overly superficial it's sick.

I watched about fifteen minutes of it one time. Those women were so pathetic that I had to just turn the channel.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

It comes on after Project Runway on Wednesdays, so I usually end up seeing the "coming up on this episode" part before I can find the remote to change it. Gag me.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    LOST!!

I need to go wath the last few episodes from last season to get caught up. Is it going to be delayed due to the writer's strike?
    This is the latest from Lostpedia:

Writers strike stalling Hawaii Lost show
    By Wayne Harada, Honolulu Advertiser
    ABC's "Lost" is being forced to halt filming on its fourth season because of the Writers Guild of America strike.

The series will run out of completed scripts as a result of the writers' strike, an ABC publicist said.

Filming on O'ahu had been ongoing. The filming will halt on completion of the eighth episode, out of 16 planned for the fourth season. The episode is expected to wind up no later than Nov. 30.

The network still expects to kick off the new season in February, as planned, and to run the series without interruption, ABC said. However, circumstances could change, depending on the outcome of the writers' walkout

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched about fifteen minutes of it one time. Those women were so pathetic that I had to just turn the channel.
    Ok, this proves my point. Lance has always been my smut-tv watching buddy, so if he can't even watch this one...I know I must be right in saying it.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Country
    Country Flag

I caught a few minutes of it one night, the saddest part is that I know a couple of women like that, and I don't even live in OC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 188 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast