Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 188 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: General Television Discussion

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's so ridiculous that I just can't stop watching it! I showed it to the wife - she wasn't nearly as impressed as I am

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    CPU, that show is hilarious!!!

we just got our cable tv back from our self imposed five month break. Oh nickelodeon, how I missed you.

Welcome back to the world of cable! It's missed you!

I remember telling you about Pants Off Dance Off so many years ago. I can't believe they are still running that crap...how funny!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

The one show that I will stop and watch if I'm flipping through channels, or stop and watch a little of if I am walking through the room and someone else is watching it is Who's Line Is It Anyway? I love that show.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

There's a show on Comedy Central that was probably cancelled because the DVR only finds about half a dozen episodes. It's hilarious though. It's called "Halfway Home".
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    She-Oy....I absolutely loved Rock of Love. I have a huge crush on Bret Michaels.

Storyslinger: I really used to like watching Man vs. Wild until it was confirmed that several parts of the show are staged, like one night out in the cold, he stayed the night in a tent with heating, although they made it appear on the show that he stayed in his own self-made shelter. Stuff like that. Now I much prefer watching Survivorman....he is completely alone on his treks and even films them himself.
    Yep, that kind of pissed down my back, Survivorman rocks though

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post
    The one show that I will stop and watch if I'm flipping through channels, or stop and watch a little of if I am walking through the room and someone else is watching it is Who's Line Is It Anyway? I love that show.
    oh, me too! I LOVE improv!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I stopped watching TV for two years, but picked up the habit again recently because of the most recent Ken Burns' series, The War.

The only new programs worth watching I've seen thus far are:

1. Pushing Daisies-absolutely amazing; I'm shocked that it was even greenlighted for network television.

2. Reaper-definitely not one of Kevin Smith's best works, but interesting angle nevertheless.

3. Aliens in America-not as trite and stupid as I had anticipated.

4. The Game-interesting concept; there's not enough entertaining, sports-related sitcoms on TV.

Other than that most of the stuff I started watching again are old standbys.

Frontline has become horribly predictable and barely worth watching-just the type of thing you'd expect from PBS.

Independent Lens is still interesting, depending upon what subject they choose to focus on it can either be dreadfully dull or fascinating.

Globe Trekker is still the single best travelogue on television!

The Simpsons, of course.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I absolutely love Pushing Daisies. I think it's the best new show to appear this season. I'm just hoping that it doesn't disappear due to the writer's stike.
    As for Reaper, do you know how much Kevin put into it. I know he directed the first episode, but did he have a hand in creating it as well?

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I absolutely love Pushing Daisies. I think it's the best new show to appear this season. I'm just hoping that it doesn't disappear due to the writer's stike.
    As for Reaper, do you know how much Kevin put into it. I know he directed the first episode, but did he have a hand in creating it as well?
    I'm not sure, because when he was interviewed he claimed credit for it, but didn't really expand upon his role. This could be one of those Jersey Girl-type things, where creative control is completely out of his hands-or like The Green Lantern, where he initially was the main guy but gradually relinquished control. As far as I know he's one of the producers and/or part of the writing team.

You're right about Pushing Daisies though!

Not only great actors, e.g. Chi McBride, Helen Chenoweth, Swoozie Kurtz-which you hardly ever see on network television these days-but such remarkable stories.

There was a television critic who accused of it of being too whimsical, which I don't see at all. I'm the first person to reflexively hate anything with that's too twee, e.g. those semi-idiotic films by Wes Anderson, and I don't see that at all in this series. It reminds me of a long-form, American version of Amelie, which I loved!

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This show called Love My Way is awesome.

Lisa, i think it airs in the UK, you should check it out:

Love My Way is aired as a primetime show in the UK on Five's spin-off channel Five Life.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm so happy Pushing Daisies is getting some shout outs here. I love this show. Loved it since the first episode.

It's just so, how should I put this? Darkly sweet?

It's a little like visiting Oz every Wednesday. I hope it gets the credit it deserves when it comes to renewing it's season.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Gunslinger Apprentice myishi is on a distinguished road myishi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i looove dr. House
    also,
    family guy <3
    鏡 黒

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by She-Oy View Post
    I'm so happy Pushing Daisies is getting some shout outs here. I love this show. Loved it since the first episode.

It's just so, how should I put this? Darkly sweet?

It's a little like visiting Oz every Wednesday. I hope it gets the credit it deserves when it comes to renewing it's season.
    It's such a delightful television show.

To take just one example-from many-the scene where the descendant of a Sino-American coolie cum Confederate war hero who put the star of the show to the sword and challenged him to a duel.

How great was that scene?

It was emblematic of the entire series, which is one of the most refreshing programs to be aired on network television in years.

Country
    Country Flag

So how would you describe what its about?

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    So how would you describe what its about?
    The plot revolves around a pieshop-owner who has the ability to resurrect people, but only for a certain duration of time before it has fatal consequences for others-namely, one minute. After that point another living being dies. Plus, he can't touch them again, otherwise they are permanently deceased.

He uses this power to start a business with Chi McBride-his greedy partner-as private investigators who solve unsolved murders for a cash reward. The rub is that the love of his life was murdered without his knowledge. When he's called to investigate the case he discovers her, then decides not to let her die again. The rest of the series has the two trying to figure out ways in which to have an intimate relationship, which does not involve touching.

Plus, he's responsible for killing her father-because he resurrected his mother after she had a fatal accident-but he can't divulge that information to her.

Country
    Country Flag

ah

sounds interesting

*download*

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I was kind of disappointed, because I fell asleep Wednesday nigh before I had the chance to see the latest episode. The same thing happened the day before-when I was in the middle of watching a somewhat interesting documentar about Darfur on Ch. 13. This seems to be the first season in ages where Frontline has produced some documentaries that don't completely suck. A few weeks ago they aired one about a funeral home in Wisconsin.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I missed this past weeks episode as well. But luckily they've got them online at abc.com to watch, so I'll have to check it out before next week.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it just me, or does that series remind you of Armistead Maupin's Tales from the City series?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What the hell is wrong with cartoons now a days? Every episode of every show has to have some kind of moral significance behind it. For instance, I watched a small segment of a Baby Looney Tunes episode (don't ask why!...) , and the whole episode revolved around the idea of the importance of teamwork? WTF?

What happened to all the (completely un)educational (albeit fun!) shows like Attack of The Killer Tomatoes or Biker Mice from Mars?

Country
    Country Flag

v o l t r o n

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

ZOMG! Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!!! Worth watching for the theme tune alone!!!!!!!!

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is it ok to make threads for individual shows, or should they all be discussed in this thread?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I don't watch a whole lot of tv, but I am addicted to The Office (American version). I'm also hooked on It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
    I've recently gotten addicted to Heroes, but haven't had a chance to catch up on season 2 yet.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    Is it ok to make threads for individual shows, or should they all be discussed in this thread?
    I think if you want to discuss a specific show, start a thread for it.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 188 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast