Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 188 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

White Lotus is next on my viewing queue.

Currently watching Your Honor, starring Bryan Cranston. It's very good but a bit slow. It has that movie-padded-into-a-miniseries feel. Cranston is excellent as usual; the actor playing his son is pretty good, too. Solid supporting cast, too. Will finish, and will probably watch the second season when it is released.

Also watching Future Man, which has an interesting time-travel premise, likable characters, and a lot of dumb comedy. Still on the first season. Not the greatest thing ever, but an entertaining way to pass the time at the end of a long day. Some laugh out loud moments, too.

Incidentally, apparently the second season of Severance is filming now, so hopefully we see that soon. Helly R from that show is in a few episodes of Future Man.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Finished White Lotus! I absolutely loved the first season. Just about all the characters were so despicable but yet it was funny at the same time. I also enjoyed the second season but not as much as the first.
    Oh wow, you're the first one I've seen who prefers the first season. But both are genius.
    Really, I'm surprised. For some reason I wasn't as into the setting in Italy. And the cast of characters weren't as intriguing to me for some reason. But that said, I did still enjoy it. I think I watched it over the course of 2 days or so I assume there's going to be a third? I'm so glad I gave it a shot. I figured out that the show I initially was confusing it with was Nine Perfect Strangers. That's the one where I only watched the first episode and couldn't get into it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Night Court is back! If you're as old as I am, you'll remember it as must-see TV back in the 80s.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Can't wait to see the Junji Ito series. I've been reading a bunch of his books this year.

Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait to see the Junji Ito series. I've been reading a bunch of his books this year.
    I want to eventually get all of his hardcover collections published by Viz. Fascinating stuff!

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Night Court is back! If you're as old as I am, you'll remember it as must-see TV back in the 80s.
    Watched it and I'm not thrilled with it so far. Larroquette is great as usual and I like the clerk and the maintenance guy. The bailiff is just too silly. I don't like the prosecutor lady at all. I'm not very fond of the judge either.

I want to eventually get all of his hardcover collections published by Viz. Fascinating stuff!
    Me too. I have Uzumaki, Gyo, Tomie, Sensor, and Venus in the Blind. The last 2 have dust jackets and the covers of the books has some cool artwork on them.

Country
    Country Flag

Me too. I have Uzumaki, Gyo, Tomie, Sensor, and Venus in the Blind. The last 2 have dust jackets and the covers of the books has some cool artwork on them.
    A new collection is coming soon, called Tombs.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just flew through the first two seasons of Slow Horses on Apple TV+ . Absolutely loved it. I was a huge MI-5 (Spooks) fan - loved all 10 seasons. When I heard about Slow Horses I had to check it out. Gary Oldman is the chief officer of this rag-tag bunch of MI-5 castoffs. Just great stuff.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

That 90's Show isn't absolutely awful halfway through the 10 episodes. The pilot was terrible though. I don't think I laughed once. i get a few laughs out of each episode, almost exclusively from Red and Kitty, who are the only reason I'm watching the show anyways since I still consider them the greatest parents in sitcom history. I suppose the new teenage characters could grow on me since I know comedies sometimes take a season or two to really find their groove...even some of the greats like Seinfeld and Parks and Recreation didn't really hit their stride until their 3rd seasons. The laugh track is really obnoxious though. It's playing when there isn't even jokes being said, which is what made that first episode so torturous because there wasn't anything remotely funny happening.

I was really afraid the show would be super heavily reliant on references to the first show and to my surprise the references really aren't that bad. Even the 90s references I don't think are anymore egregious than the 70s references were in the original. A lot of the references play off in observational ways, like Kitty explaining to Leia how Leo was a grown man who used to hang out with her teenage son and a look of realization of how strange that was is one of the better laughs the show has offered.

I hope the back half of the series offers some hope for a solid second season. But at the moment the show gets a 6/10 from me. It's something to watch while I fall asleep.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I watched and enjoyed the first episode, but that was enough for me.

Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just blew through Apple TV's Black Bird, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Having only seen him in Cobra Kai, I was not ready for Paul Walter Hauser's eery performance - just stellar work. Ray Liotta was also stellar in his final work. I was pleasantly surprised by how the narrative played out, though in the end it all seemed a bit predictable. Still, worth the time. 8/10.

Moving on to Stanely Tucci and David Tennent in Inside Man as my next binge.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Just blew through Apple TV's Black Bird, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Having only seen him in Cobra Kai, I was not ready for Paul Walter Hauser's eery performance - just stellar work. Ray Liotta was also stellar in his final work. I was pleasantly surprised by how the narrative played out, though in the end it all seemed a bit predictable. Still, worth the time. 8/10.

Moving on to Stanely Tucci and David Tennent in Inside Man as my next binge.
    Agreed this was a BRILLANT show~
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I've been watching 1923, and it's quite good, but very soapy. A little hamfisted in the subtext (which emerges as text, at times) as well. But having Ford and Mirren headline the cast does wonders for the material. They take dialogue that would otherwise be stilted or melodramatic and sell it superbly, making it believable.

Worth a look. I'll watch the second (concluding) series whenever it emerges.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel like this show has been in the works forever! I really enjoyed the book Wool, although I haven't read the rest of the series. It's probably been a decade since I bought the book where there was a note that said, "Soon to be a Major Motion Picture." Close enough and probably better off.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Read book 1 years ago, I think the same year it released. Remember loving it. And Rebecca Ferguson is pretty damn close to how I pictured the main character in my mind's eye.

This looks good. Although the "everything you've ever known to be true is a lie" line is so cliché it hurts my stomach.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Everything you've ever known is a lie.

Okay? The last thing she would ever be is "okay."

Quiet...too quiet.

Walk with me.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Was feeling under the weather yesterday and was in bed most of the day. Started watching Servant on Apple+ and ended up binging 1.5 seasons in one go.

Really digging it (obv).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 188 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 ... LastLast