Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 179 of 188 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I watched the first season of Fargo. It was really damn good. From the previews back in day I thought it was more of a straight up, stretched out remake of the film Fargo, but it really wasn't at all. There are a few similar details to the film, but it is buy and large its own story, which I really appreciated. A bit deterrent to me watching it, especially after hearing how good Season 2 is, was that the first season would be just a longer version of the film. I'm glad to be wrong. Billy Bob Thornton is absolutely amazing in this season...he somehow manages to be funny, charming, and terrifying simultaneously, and his utter lack of apprehension is what makes him such a compelling character. Martin Freeman as Lester is also another great performance. I love characters like Lester, characters who are timid and weak until they have nothing to lose and they suddenly find themselves capable of literally anything in self-preservation. What interesting about Fargo is both Billy Bob and Freeman play the heroes and the villains and you kind of root for them both yet also want to see both get what's coming to them. I also haven't been able to stop saying "oh Jeez" for about two weeks now.

Before I go back to those other shows I decided to prowl through HBO on demand since I know there's stuff here I still haven't seen. I'm a few episodes into The Wire now. I like it so far, but I'm also not hooked into yet. I wasn't quite expecting such a massive cast of characters and it's pretty overwhelming and it seems like there won't be a more cohesive direction to everything until closer to the end of the season. So far it feels like juggling 15 plots at once. And that might just be how this show is constructed and it just might take me the whole first season to get spend enough time with these characters to get into that kind of narrative structure.
    I was lucky enough to hear that the TV series of Fargo was a spiritual successor to the original, not a TV remake, which grabbed my interest straight away. That, plus I've been a big fan of Martin Freeman since The Office, and it was great to see him play something more villainous, for once. I think a rewatch is in order. I haven't seen all of season 2, but I remember liking it a lot. I definitely need to watch it again.

And I'm so glad you're watching The Wire. Yes, it definitely takes a while to really come together, but it does pay off. I think that the first season is even better on rewatch because once you know where the series is headed, you do appreciate those early episodes even more. Actually, that's true of later seasons, too - there are several characters who seem relatively minor at first that become a big part of the show as it goes on. For the moment, enjoy the ride.

Oh, one more thing: the missus introduced me to The Larry Sanders Show last year, and it's hilarious. Way ahead of its time too in terms of how meta it is.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

i just realized that I can watch Season 19 and 20 of Hell's Kitchen on demand, so that's kind of become my priority for easy watching while I play some video games. I generally abhor reality TV, but Hell's Kitchen is, to me, the ultimate form of Reality TV. The interpersonal drama isn't a major part of the show and is generally confined to after services when the teams argue over who should be on the chopping block, so not only is it typically condensed, it is is a logical place for there to be drama. The challenges are fun though the weakest part of the show for me are the rewards and punishments for winning/losing the challenges. Of course the dinner services are the highlight of the show and the producers know this...the usage of brilliant and hilarious sound effects, and the frantic editing, add so much tension as we wait to see if Gordon Ramsay is going to flip his shit. The rants and ravings from Ramsay are always great TV. Whether or not they produce great chefs is up for debate, but few things bring me more joy than hearing Ramsay phrases like "Everyone, come here!" or "Look at this!" before he verbally castrates everyone. This is the definitely the most guilty of guilty pleasures for me.

I was afraid Hell's Kitchen was cancelled because of the pandemic, but it's been renewed for a few more seasons, so that's great! Kitchen Nightmares is fun too, but there is too much drama and schmaltz in it for me to truly say that I love it. I love when he eats the shitty food and then proceeds to go into the kitchens and tells the owners and Chefs that they're shit and discovers how shit it actually is, but the restorations and relaunches don't really do it for me. I much prefer to watch this show in youtube clip form. Hotel Hell though, I don't really see any appeal in. I have seen some people say that Hotel Hell is their favourite of the Ramsay shows. I don't think those people know what they are talking about.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I also find those shows weirdly entertaining in very short doses, so I wouldn't say I "watch" them.

I prefer Kitchen Nightmares, also mainly to see Gordon Ramsey eat terrible food and put the hard word on the chefs and staff. But I always feel that when it comes to "fixing" the restaurant, Ramsey doesn't give enough consideration to the owner's original vision for the place. So I remain extremely skeptical whether any of the changes he makes actually stick for long. The owner usually isn't bought in to the changes, because those changes aren't helping the owner achieve what they want to achieve.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Anybody watching Better Call Saul? The first episode into their final run was quality. And the actors are all bringing their A-game.

Watching Jonathan Banks play Mike is such a joy, too. He conveys so much doing so little, and through his voice alone. A lesser actor would come across as wooden, or dumb, or angry, but Banks plays the part to perfection.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Anybody watching Better Call Saul? The first episode into their final run was quality. And the actors are all bringing their A-game.

Watching Jonathan Banks play Mike is such a joy, too. He conveys so much doing so little, and through his voice alone. A lesser actor would come across as wooden, or dumb, or angry, but Banks plays the part to perfection.
    This show is ALMOST as good as BB... In fact I really would love to be someone that seen none of BB and could start here... then go into BB. What a rush!! Be awesoem!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen any of it yet. It's one of the ones I'll get to eventually. I liked Breaking Bad but I didn't love it.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm 5 episodes into The Wire now. The episodes and becoming more focused. It's a lot easier to become invested when they aren't trying to juggle the massive cast in every episode. If it stays like this then they'll likely earn using every character for the season finale.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait... you've never seen The Wire???

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

No. I know it's highly regarded so I've been wanting to watch it for like 15 years. I downloaded the first season in like 2010 and for some reason the files contained only the audio. And then I just never got around to watching it after that. And the past few years I've been totally burned out on long-form storytelling so the idea of watching any new multi-season, non-anthology series was just a no-go. I've mostly stuck to watching Star Trek and sitcoms for the past few years. The Wire is my first foray into a new longform TV since...hell, I can't even remember what the last new one I watched was...House of Cards? Yeah, that sounds right.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    FX has renewed The Old Man series for a second season.
    I really like The Old Man, but it definitely feels like something that needs only one season to tell its story.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I've been watching Dark Winds and GRR Martin is listed as an executive producer. Well, nice to know he is doing something. I guess these days he'll do anything but actually write.
    Oh, he writes, he just doesn't publish.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen The Wire nor Breaking Bad. Just don't have an appetite for drug/violence dramas.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I've never seen The Wire nor Breaking Bad. Just don't have an appetite for drug/violence dramas.
    So what do you watch? You can't just go halfway on a statement like that.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Same. Well, I I think I may have watched most of the first season of Breaking Bad. Just haven't gotten back to it yet.

I don't have a problem with drug/violence drams as I enjoyed all of Sons of Anarchy as well as Mayans.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Same. Well, I I think I may have watched most of the first season of Breaking Bad. Just haven't gotten back to it yet.

I don't have a problem with drug/violence drams as I enjoyed all of Sons of Anarchy as well as Mayans.
    Well I can never say never! We do watch Mayans, mainly because of J D Pardo! Tried SOA but just do not like anything Ron Perlman is in. Watched the first few Breaking Bad episodes when it first aired and it didn't interest me. Everything I've seen about The Wire just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    So what do you watch? You can't just go halfway on a statement like that.
    A lot of scifi and some comedies.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

The first 6 episodes of Breaking Bad are just okay. It picks up in the second season but it's still a mixed bag. Seasons 3 and 4 are pretty much perfect. Then the last season doesn't come close to Seasons 3 and 4.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 179 of 188 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast