Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 171 of 188 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    It's next on my list, right after Squid Game which was absolutely phenomenal.
    You enjoyed that, Ferny? I stopped after the 2nd episode. The dubbing was so bad, outta sync and made the plot a little silly. Just couldn't take it even though the premise was a little interesting.

If you enjoyed that "Hunter" series with, Pacino (can't think of the actual name. lol) you'll likely enjoy this intricate, crime/political thriller, "The Defeated" on Netflix. Binged the entire 1st season and was very pleasantly surprised how good it was. It deals with the immediate aftermath of, WWII in, Berlin, DE. Taylor Kitsch stars along with a "Homeland" Deutsche actress (Blonde, S4?). It delves into the many facets of the post war situation in, Germany. Kitsch plays an FBI agent sent by the State Department to help organize the, Berlin Police dept in the "American" quadrant of the conquered city. Throw in a crime boss and a serial killer (right out of the "Dexter" lineage) and you got a pretty darn good show!!

I'm surprised at myself giving it a 5.5 out of 6 beers on the RFTRS!! I don't think I've ever even given a "5" before, personally. Give it a go, folks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    The Midnight Mass trailer and teaser struck me as being too on the nose, checking all the boxes of what a creepy show is expected to be - if I didn't already know Flanagan was behind it, I'd be expecting cheese (maybe trailer creation is just becoming cookie-cutter; I don't know).
    Having now watched the entire thing, I'm happy to say: I was wrong, Midnight Mass was great.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Mike is a great guy. I talk to him often believe it or not!
    Please tell him: he done real good this time.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Does Netflix offer a non-dubbed version?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    "The Defeated" on Netflix. Binged the entire 1st season and was very pleasantly surprised how good it was. It deals with the immediate aftermath of, WWII in, Berlin, DE. Taylor Kitsch stars along with a "Homeland" Deutsche actress (Blonde, S4?). It delves into the many facets of the post war situation in, Germany. Kitsch plays an FBI agent sent by the State Department to help organize the, Berlin Police dept in the "American" quadrant of the conquered city. Throw in a crime boss and a serial killer (right out of the "Dexter" lineage) and you got a pretty darn good show!!
    Sounds interesting! It reminds me of the Lars von Trier film ZENTROPA (which was excellent) Check out that movie if you ever want to see the film that Spielberg stole the motif of the red dress in Schindler's List from.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    It does. That was the version me and the missus watched. And it definitely lives up to the hype.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Yes but you have to either speak Korean or have English subtitles on.

I have it set as dubbed as well as the subtitles. It's interesting how often the words on the screen don't match what is actually being said. I'm often curious which one is the more correct translation.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

I have it set as dubbed as well as the subtitles. It's interesting how often the words on the screen don't match what is actually being said. I'm often curious which one is the more correct translation.
    English subtitles for me. It's how I watch all my Korean movies. I can't stand dubbing.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Squid Game. I'm hooked after 15 minutes!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

English subtitles for me. It's how I watch all my Korean movies. I can't stand dubbing.
    Apparently you have to be careful which setting you choose.

https://www.cnet.com/news/watching-s...g-immediately/
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Me either. I like experiencing art in its native language, there's just so much nuance that literally gets lost in the translation.

Besides, Netflix dubbing sucks. I switched on the dub for Dark one day because I was curious and it was especially egregious.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Apparently you have to be careful which setting you choose.

https://www.cnet.com/news/watching-s...g-immediately/
    Thank you for sharing that!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished Midnight Mass. Very enjoyable and well done. Different spin on an older genre.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm three episodes in and enjoying it. Trying to space it out and savor it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. Thanks to YOUR recommendation, I'm now addicted to squid.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Cowboy Bebop is in my top 3 favorite animes of all time. If they butcher this, it's going to hurt my heart deeply.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Cowboy Bebop is in my top 3 favorite animes of all time. If they butcher this, it's going to hurt my heart deeply.
    I don't like the feel of that trailer or the actors picked at all. I don't have positive feelings for this. I'd prefer an anime reboot. I will add Samurai Champloo was awesome imo. From the same creator.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Maid is a powerful show. We loved it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Netflix has got to calm down. Someone needs to tell them we aren't locked in our houses anymore. We've been going outside.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Netflix has got to calm down. Someone needs to tell them we aren't locked in our houses anymore. We've been going outside.
    I’ve got YOU and Midnight Mass to watch and fuck yes…. Calm
    Down guys. 😂. I can’t believe how much decent stuff they putting out.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I just started watching Breaking Bad last night. I had watched the first episode months ago but never got back into it. Now I've seen 2 episodes. Woo hoo!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 171 of 188 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 ... LastLast