Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 167 of 188 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 4692

Thread: General Television Discussion

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Almost done with The Exorcist season 2. I didn't catch it when it was on a few years ago but am really enjoying it. As for season 1, I really, really enjoyed it. It's better horror than you'd expect from a network show (but, of course, they cancelled it after season 2). Especially for fans of the movie, check it out.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Almost done with The Exorcist season 2. I didn't catch it when it was on a few years ago but am really enjoying it. As for season 1, I really, really enjoyed it. It's better horror than you'd expect from a network show (but, of course, they cancelled it after season 2). Especially for fans of the movie, check it out.
    I really enjoyed the first season, after that, it took the wrong turn and direction for me.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Recently, after watching it on and off for the past decade, I finally reached the end of Blake's 7. The final episode is exactly as brutal as I'd heard. Quite a devastating finale, but also, a surprisingly fitting one.

What do I do now? Simple: go back to the start via my new complete series box set and enjoy it all over again!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Gangs of London might save AMC.

maybe not commercially, but at least critically.

Ep 9 was intense
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Recently, after watching it on and off for the past decade, I finally reached the end of Blake's 7. The final episode is exactly as brutal as I'd heard. Quite a devastating finale, but also, a surprisingly fitting one.

What do I do now? Simple: go back to the start via my new complete series box set and enjoy it all over again!
    Oh, wow! So cool you've discovered Blake's 7 after all these years. I haven't watched it in decades - glad to hear it still holds up. It was *the* show to watch back in the day. I might try a rewatch.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post

Oh, wow! So cool you've discovered Blake's 7 after all these years. I haven't watched it in decades - glad to hear it still holds up. It was *the* show to watch back in the day. I might try a rewatch.

HBJ
    It's certainly a fascinating show to watch. Dated in many ways, especially in terms of the effects, but also ahead of its time in many others. Certainly, much darker than other sci-fi of the time. I've also been binge-listening the more recent audio stories. There's a real joy hearing the original cast return to their old roles. Especially Paul Darrow as Avon, who kept playing the role right up until he died in 2019. I'm eager to finish listening to those before starting the show from the beginning.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    It bothered me that they cancelled it; as you say, it's better horror than we expect from a network (more subtle, good writing, good characters) and was set up to do interesting things had there been a third season.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that I have finished Gangs of London, I can confirm that it's some of the best TV I've seen in years. It's tightly written, expertly paced and packed with tons of amazing action. I can't wait for season two. If a show like this is anywhere close to something you're interested in, then Gangs of London should be a must-watch for you.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

has anyone seen the show Evil? it's now on paramount plus apparently but CBS had it last season or rather the (2019-2020) season and i love it the 2nd season starts this month actually

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ratchet41 View Post
    has anyone seen the show Evil? it's now on paramount plus apparently but CBS had it last season or rather the (2019-2020) season and i love it the 2nd season starts this month actually
    I initially really enjoyed the show. As it progressed, I felt it got stale. I hate to say it, but I forgot why I wasn't liking the show towards the end. I lost interest but I will backtrack a little and attempt to watch season 2.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Mare of Easttown. Loved every minute of it of this Broadchurch-like mystery investigation. The trio of women, Winslet, Smart, and Nicholson (who was also great in The Outsider) each deserve Emmy nominations. Another reminder of just how good TV is these days.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Mare of Easttown is in my queue. Have heard nothing but good things.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    IT is AMAZING. Hope to get another season... so well done.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    IT is AMAZING. Hope to get another season... so well done.
    Kate Winslet is so incredible. I have loved her for her whole career and she was really good in this one.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Now that I have finished Gangs of London, I can confirm that it's some of the best TV I've seen in years. It's tightly written, expertly paced and packed with tons of amazing action. I can't wait for season two. If a show like this is anywhere close to something you're interested in, then Gangs of London should be a must-watch for you.
    Really loved this show. It has everything I was looking for.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to this Sopranos prequel, where a young Tony is played by Gandolfini's son. Looks good.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Looking forward to this Sopranos prequel, where a young Tony is played by Gandolfini's son. Looks good.

I am oddly as well BUT I am not a fan of prequels. I really don't have much love with them. Now I LOVE when stories are told of the past (A LA Lost) in the present. My issue is... we know the ending. There is no surprise as we know how it all ends. Hollywood just does it cause its a work around. I kind of wish they wouldn't.... just a thought BUT I am looking forward to this. I cannot lie.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I am oddly as well BUT I am not a fan of prequels. I really don't have much love with them. Now I LOVE when stories are told of the past (A LA Lost) in the present. My issue is... we know the ending. There is no surprise as we know how it all ends. Hollywood just does it cause its a work around. I kind of wish they wouldn't.... just a thought BUT I am looking forward to this. I cannot lie.
    Prequels themselves don't bother me, in fact I often love them. Much of Godfather II is a prequel. The key for me is the writing, it's always comes down to the writing. David Chase inhabited this world once already, so I gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. And when you get down to it, what do we really know? Based on the ending of the original we don't know anything concretely.

Country
    Country Flag

Prequels themselves don't bother me, in fact I often love them. Much of Godfather II is a prequel. The key for me is the writing, it's always comes down to the writing. David Chase inhabited this world once already, so I gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. And when you get down to it, what do we really know? Based on the ending of the original we don't know anything concretely.
    I am interested as I loved the Sopranos. And I love love love when a story is set today yet shows some or a lot of the past to tell the story. I love that. Let’s see what happens! I’ll be watching
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 167 of 188 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 ... LastLast