Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 159 of 188 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 4692

Thread: General Television Discussion

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

The Stand
    I wasn't sure what to expect and still don't. The first episode I thoroughly enjoyed, but I wasn't fond of the second one. We will see as it progresses with 9 episodes.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Dark

Almost done with the first season. I love this kind of show. Slow burn, slow reveal, somber mood, great cinematography. And the score/soundtrack is fantastic.

It’s the kind of show you should watch knowing as little about it as you can. And be patient.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Dark

Almost done with the first season. I love this kind of show. Slow burn, slow reveal, somber mood, great cinematography. And the score/soundtrack is fantastic.

It’s the kind of show you should watch knowing as little about it as you can. And be patient.
    It's a terrific series but it requires very close attention because of the different actors playing the different characters. Don't be too tempted to google things because there are bound to be spoilers. I watched the third season when it came out and immediately went back to re-watch the first, which now makes so much more sense. It's a masterpiece of writing design because all the pieces of this extremely complex story fit together perfectly.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark is indeed a fantastic show. I discovered it earlier this year and binge watched it in about 2-3 weeks. Although the 3rd season occasionally tripped itself up, it's still a masterclass in writing and mood and cinematography. Just a brilliant, brilliant show.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    It's fantastic, isn't it? I really wished it had somewhere to properly stream outside of the UK, especially with the recent remake so easily available by comparison.
    Oh, yeah! I forgot to tell you, James!
    Its so good.... I am floored and I mean FLOORED by every episode. NONE are lacking... in any way. If this hit Netflix today.. it be number 1 for WEEKS.
    You're 100% right. It's a shame the UK version is so hard to find. I got lucky and found the PAL season 1 DVDs at a Goodwill a few years back, but I had to watch season 2 on YouTube.
    I've been streaming the UK version from YouTube through my Roku, so I can watch it on my TV. It's workable. The quality isn't terrible either. I do miss subtitles though.

I am really enjoying this show! I've watched the first season and the first episode of the second season. Excellent!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    It's fantastic, isn't it? I really wished it had somewhere to properly stream outside of the UK, especially with the recent remake so easily available by comparison.
    Oh, yeah! I forgot to tell you, James!
    Its so good.... I am floored and I mean FLOORED by every episode. NONE are lacking... in any way. If this hit Netflix today.. it be number 1 for WEEKS.
    You're 100% right. It's a shame the UK version is so hard to find. I got lucky and found the PAL season 1 DVDs at a Goodwill a few years back, but I had to watch season 2 on YouTube.
    I've been streaming the UK version from YouTube through my Roku, so I can watch it on my TV. It's workable. The quality isn't terrible either. I do miss subtitles though.

I am really enjoying this show! I've watched the first season and the first episode of the second season. Excellent!
    Awesome!!! It keeps getting better right to the end!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Dark

It's a terrific series but it requires very close attention because of the different actors playing the different characters. Don't be too tempted to google things because there are bound to be spoilers. I watched the third season when it came out and immediately went back to re-watch the first, which now makes so much more sense. It's a masterpiece of writing design because all the pieces of this extremely complex story fit together perfectly.
    I’ve just started the second series, and yes, you have to pay very close attention. I was a little puzzled when the first season resolved some big questions but left others unanswered. The second series is a continuation, though, so I hope more questions and answers follow.

And I ain’t googling nothing. I was fortunate to have started watching the show with no info other than a general recommendation, and it’s been so good. Thank you all for not spoiling it!

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I started watching Dark today due to seeing y'all comment on it in this thread. The dubbed English was throwing me off, so i switched it to German w subtitles and that worked well. Enjoyed the first episode!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Yep, definitely go for German with subtitles -- otherwise I found it intolerable.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeap. Switch to German and watch it in subtitles. The English VO in that show are terrible.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the luxury of having studied German in high school and College. I am nowhere near to fluent and very rusty without using it in a while but it makes for an interesting viewing experience because I can understand quite a bit of it. I still have to read the subtitles to get it fully, though and of course the speed of the spoken language is faster than i can keep up with, but it sure is interesting experiencing a great show in another language!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

A lot of my favorite shows are in other languages -- mostly Swedish, Finnish and Danish, but also Flemish, French and, most recently, Brazilian Portuguese!

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I have the luxury of having studied German in high school and College. I am nowhere near to fluent and very rusty without using it in a while but it makes for an interesting viewing experience because I can understand quite a bit of it. I still have to read the subtitles to get it fully, though and of course the speed of the spoken language is faster than i can keep up with, but it sure is interesting experiencing a great show in another language!
    Same! I don’t know nearly enough German to follow without subtitles. But I can sometimes get the gist, and it’s interesting to see how some of the dialogue is translated into English.

(And, yes, I couldn’t face watching this show dubbed. I think you always get something extra from hearing the dialogue in the original language.)

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Near the end of Dark Season 2, and there’s one episode - 6 - that is just extraordinary. Utterly compelling.

Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Recently, I watched the documentary series The Ripper on Netfliix. This was a rather horrific watch, but not just for the reasons you might think. It covers the murders, investigation, and eventual capture of the Yorkshire Ripper - someone who terrorized northern England during the latter half of the Seventies. Finding out how many women he killed was shocking enough, but far worse than that was finding out how awful the investigation was. The police made so many mistakes - so many shocking mistakes - that allowed him to elude their grasp and keep killing. I read a book series, Red Riding, focused on police corruption set during this time. The author clearly had a lot of anger towards the police, and watching this series, it's easy to see why. Not for the faint of heart, but a deeply fascinating watch covering one of Britain's most notorious serial killers.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

It was bad enough with all the streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Redbox and Amazon Prime. Now every damn channel has to have their own streaming service. Paramount+, CBSAllAccess, Peacock, Discovery+, HBO Max, Disney+ etc...

I'm already paying $250/month for my DirectTV (although that includes my phone and internet). I'm guessing I would pay as much if not more for all the streaming stuff.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is actually a rebranding of CBS-AA, I believe.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I forgot about that but the point remains. My wife was watching some channel over the weekend and every other commercial was about their new streaming service and all the new shows that will only be available on that service. Makes me wonder what's going to be left to watch on the "regular" channels that you get with cable or satellite subs.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I forgot about that but the point remains. My wife was watching some channel over the weekend and every other commercial was about their new streaming service and all the new shows that will only be available on that service. Makes me wonder what's going to be left to watch on the "regular" channels that you get with cable or satellite subs.
    Might be Discovery+ I watch some shows on TLC and they will not stop advertising it. I was also annoyed that they have their own streaming service now, and why are you advertising for shows that I would normally watch, but can't because they're only going to be available on there, and right now I have too many streaming services I refuse to pay for anymore... It really is frustrating, but I have a feeling this is the way things are going to continue to go.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. It's irritating that every channel has a streaming service now. How can anyone possibly keep up with them all, especially money-wise? I also think this might be the future of things, but I refuse to buy into their schemes.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's basically cable except you're paying for everything separately. I have no idea how services like Discovery + will survive.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A lot of broadcast shows are returning for their second half. Among those I watch:

911 Lone Star (Hey, I enjoy the disasters!!! lol)
    Chicago Med
    Chicago Fire
    Chicago P.D.
    (what can I say, Dick Wolf has my heart!! LOL)
    Seal Team
    Law & Order SVU
    (Hiya, Dick!! This show generally pisses me off so I watch it for balance and what not to do these days. lol)
    FBI
    FBI: Most Wanted
    (Gotta Luv them Cop shows!!)
    The Resident (Guilty pleasure lol)
    Clarice (Premieres soon & looking forward to it!!! Hope they don't screw it up! lol)

What I tend to enjoy most and is currently running on HBO/Pay Channels:

30 Coins (Can't endorse this enough. Be sure to check out the dedicated thread)
    American Gods (Thank God it's back!!! One of my favorites!!)
    Your Honor (This one is moving so slow, but is finally picking up)
    Shameless (Last Season)

Also, returning soon I believe:

Billions
    City on a Hill
    Succession
    Bosch
    (Amazon Prime Binge)

Anyway, open for discussion on any of these shows if some of you are also watching. I highly reccomend, 30 COINS as a MUST SEE and "BOSCH" for a cop show binge. Also very good on Amazon are "JACK RYAN" and "GOLIATH" which have a few seasons available, but waiting on the new seasons.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

So Bosch isn't about power tools?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    So Bosch isn't about power tools?
    You are close! A cop. Initially it was pretty good but too many seasons and a repetitive story, and it has now jumped the shark.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 159 of 188 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 ... LastLast