Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 188 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I would describe Anya Taylor-Joy's performance as being the sort of performance on an actor like Ryan Gosling could pull off. It's all in the eyes and subtleties in the face. Similar to Gosling in drive she is often quite quiet and with those piercing eyes, it makes when she speaks feel that much more important.

Also it's hard to believe that's the little kid from Love Actually. I know he's been in other stuff, but the cowboy look and the accent...you wouldn't even think he's kind of a goofy looking Brit.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Speaking of American Horror Story, what did you guys think of the new season? What? You didn't know the new season dropped? It's disguised under a different name. Check it out on Netflix, it's call Ratched. Actually, don't.
    Wait, did you not like it? I just finished Ratched and loved it. Way better than some seasons for AHS and that other show he did that I didn't even watch the last episode of I really hope there's going to be a second season. Although I also won't be disappointed if there isn't. Even though it's left open, it was still fulfilling and might be ruined by more. He definitely was inspired by Hitchcock with this one, so maybe that heightened my enjoyment of it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ratched was originally picked up for two seasons, so another one is coming.

I liked it (definitely better than many seasons of AHS), though would've liked more of a closed ending with
    Spoiler:
    the brother dying rather than ending on that cliffhanger.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That reminds me: I need to watch One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I hadn't realized until recently that Ratched was supposed to be a prequel.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Considering I had to click on the video to figure out what the hell Quibi was, I guess I'm not surprised.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Considering I had to click on the video to figure out what the hell Quibi was, I guess I'm not surprised.

^same

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Speaking of American Horror Story, what did you guys think of the new season? What? You didn't know the new season dropped? It's disguised under a different name. Check it out on Netflix, it's call Ratched. Actually, don't.
    Wait, did you not like it? I just finished Ratched and loved it. Way better than some seasons for AHS and that other show he did that I didn't even watch the last episode of I really hope there's going to be a second season. Although I also won't be disappointed if there isn't. Even though it's left open, it was still fulfilling and might be ruined by more. He definitely was inspired by Hitchcock with this one, so maybe that heightened my enjoyment of it.
    It wasn't bad, but I think I'm a little over Murphy's style at this point. All of his stuff is starting to feel really similar. Very style over substance.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    That reminds me: I need to watch One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I hadn't realized until recently that Ratched was supposed to be a prequel.
    If the DNA from Cuckoo's Nest is human. Then the DNA for Ratched is alien in nature. They have that little in common besides the name.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Watched The Queen's Gambit, loved it.

If the DNA from Cuckoo's Nest is human. Then the DNA for Ratched is alien in nature. They have that little in common besides the name.
    I just rewatched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and agree. I don't see any connection between the two other than her name.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watching a Canadian TV series called Slasher. There's 3 or 4 seasons but only the first is on Netflix. The second half has been much more enjoyable than the first. Anyone here seen it?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I always really enjoyed Star Wars Clone Wars overall as a series. With the Mandalorian saving Star Wars from Disney, I wanted to look into Rebels as well because some of these characters are perhaps coming to the Mandalorian series. So, Clone Wars was damn good, Rebels is simply so so. It has it's moments, but definitely as a cartoon it is geared towards kids. But with rumors persisting on who might pop up in the Mandalorian, I gave it a shot. Resistance is two seasons so I was going to eventually give that a chance too. I am talking about the animated series.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Star Wars Resistance. The animation is 3-D, I watched one episode, and I will not continue this turd.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Watching a Canadian TV series called Slasher. There's 3 or 4 seasons but only the first is on Netflix. The second half has been much more enjoyable than the first. Anyone here seen it?
    With a name like that it must be a love story.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

UTOPIA... British version.... PURE BRILLIANCE!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    YES! Did you watch it on my recommendation? Amazing show. The US version was unwatchable for me. I have to tell James.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

YES! Did you watch it on my recommendation? Amazing show. The US version was unwatchable for me. I have to tell James.
    No I stumbled across it. Just about to start the Fades.. you see that?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watched Wayne on Prime the other night. Very good show!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Where is it streaming?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Where is it streaming?
    Its not... I had to get it off a download site. I read about it in an article. Saying how its so like what Covid is (Virus is called 'covad' of something in the show) YET done like 10 years ago! Its in my top 10 all time fav shows and closer to the middle to. Its unreal good....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It's fantastic, isn't it? I really wished it had somewhere to properly stream outside of the UK, especially with the recent remake so easily available by comparison.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's fantastic, isn't it? I really wished it had somewhere to properly stream outside of the UK, especially with the recent remake so easily available by comparison.
    Oh, yeah! I forgot to tell you, James!

Country
    Country Flag

Its so good.... I am floored and I mean FLOORED by every episode. NONE are lacking... in any way. If this hit Netflix today.. it be number 1 for WEEKS.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Its so good.... I am floored and I mean FLOORED by every episode. NONE are lacking... in any way. If this hit Netflix today.. it be number 1 for WEEKS.
    You're 100% right. It's a shame the UK version is so hard to find. I got lucky and found the PAL season 1 DVDs at a Goodwill a few years back, but I had to watch season 2 on YouTube.

My Mood
    Confused

Outlander
    I never read the books but watched all 5 seasons. Not sure why women are loving this show. There is a lot of rapey people and people getting raped in this fyi. Initially it started off very interesting and it is well acted, but the decisions of people as the story progresses is questionable and people always losing one another to find one another is very difficult to fathom and basically unrealistic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 188 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 ... LastLast