Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 188 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 4692

Thread: General Television Discussion

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Check out Evil on CBS. My favorite show of the year.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So I caved and watched Tiger King. What a rollercoaster ride of a show. Just when you think it can't possibly get any crazier it somehow does.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Farewell season? That was quick.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Farewell season? That was quick.
    Netflix does things a little differently that regular TV. I think I posted the article.. but they only want shows to go 3 MAX 4 seasons. I think the only one that goes longer is Stranger Things and this is solely due to the merchandising rights. They make so much off the toys, shirts and all that shit. I wish I could remember but the point of it was that viewership start to show declines after season 3. Some math equation made them realize that the money was better spent on a fresh show and content. ONE THING I LOVE about this? The directors and makers of these Netflix shows... know this... thus they can make a more contained show without all the bullshit filler. Its a great read about thier biz model and how they lose TONS of cash every year but by 2024/25 they will be literally printing money.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

This is the 5th season of Fuller House. So they've already gone beyond that.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Maybe it was 4/5 seasons. I will try and find the article. Sorry my memory could be bad but that was the gist of it. I think they said Stranger Things was the only one!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

It can't be the only one. The Ranch technically went on for 4 seasons. Although it was divided up into 8 "parts" with 10 episodes each so 80 episodes total. Even after the new season of Stranger things they're only at 33 episodes.

Also, Bojack Horseman went on for 6 seasons.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It would be incredibly sad if Michelle never shows up in the last season. She can't make a quick trip for her sisters and their weddings? If the twins won't do it, just give Elizabeth a few million for a one-minute cameo scene and all will be well with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    It would be incredibly sad if Michelle never shows up in the last season. She can't make a quick trip for her sisters and their weddings? If the twins won't do it, just give Elizabeth a few million for a one-minute cameo scene and all will be well with the world.
    I think they confirmed awhile back that the twins never came back. I had the same thought about letting Elizabeth take the role.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think a lot of the rationale behind Netflix's short seasons is that just like with any other show, the casts usually get higher dollar amounts per episode after their contract negotiations. Netflix has more money than God anyway, but it seems like they don't want shows to run for 7, 8, 9 seasons because more seasons=more popularity=bigger ammunition for the starts to demand higher paychecks.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Watching the Belgian/French series INTO THE NIGHT on Netflix. Has a serious "Langoliers" vibe. It's about a mysterious solar incident that causes everyone to die when the sun strikes them. Set aboard an airplane that must continually fly west to stay ahead of the sunrise. Only six 40-ish minute episodes.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Ah. It felt like only 2 to me (but then, I don't watch it).

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Dead To Me
    Season 1 was very good and had a dark comedic vibe to it plus very good and likable characters. Applegate was great to see, as well as a very cute Cardellini.
    Season 2 was nowhere near as good. A lot of crying in this season. I was content with the ending....until the very end. I didn't like the ending at all as it was semi repetitive from what we know previously.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Dead To Me
    Season 1 was very good and had a dark comedic vibe to it plus very good and likable characters. Applegate was great to see, as well as a very cute Cardellini.
    Season 2 was nowhere near as good. A lot of crying in this season. I was content with the ending....until the very end. I didn't like the ending at all as it was semi repetitive from what we know previously.
    The S2 ending also didn't have the high stakes of the finale of season one.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Watching the Belgian/French series INTO THE NIGHT on Netflix. Has a serious "Langoliers" vibe. It's about a mysterious solar incident that causes everyone to die when the sun strikes them. Set aboard an airplane that must continually fly west to stay ahead of the sunrise. Only six 40-ish minute episodes.
    Yeah. Saw that too but opted for Dead to Me.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Is this worth a watch?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Is this worth a watch?
    I liked it a lot. Good characters who show their best and worst sides. It's a tad melodramatic at times, but I was captivated by it throughout.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved Season 2 of Dead to Me.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I loved Season 2 of Dead to Me.
    Oh me to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Is this worth a watch?
    I liked it a lot. Good characters who show their best and worst sides. It's a tad melodramatic at times, but I was captivated by it throughout.
    Ooh, this sounds very much my cup of tea! I'll need to check this one out.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I've been rewatching Prime Suspect, a 30-year-old police drama starring Helen Mirren. A slow burn of a show with some clever red herrings, lots of great character interactions, and a pretty great ending.

There were seven season in all, and the first is the best, I think, although the later ones were still very good.

Peter
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I've been rewatching Prime Suspect, a 30-year-old police drama starring Helen Mirren. A slow burn of a show with some clever red herrings

Ah..a fishing show.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I've been rewatching Prime Suspect, a 30-year-old police drama starring Helen Mirren. A slow burn of a show with some clever red herrings

Ah..a fishing show.
    Hey, it's not everyone's kettle of fish, but it lured me in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 188 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 ... LastLast