Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 149 of 188 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I agree, mostly. There are still occasional gems on cable (I'm not sure what qualifies as "network TV"). Better Call Saul, for example.
    That's cable. Network TV is ABC, Fox, CBS and NBC. Basically, the only scripted programming they have are cop shows, lawyer shows, firefighter shows and doctor shows. Finding a non-procedural is almost impossible.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Penny Dreadful City of Angels
    I think that is the title of the new show. I watched the first episode and really didn't like anything about the story, characters, where it was located, etc. I will give it a short leash.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll watch it (I DVRed it) but I'm still bitter on their abrupt and awful wrap-up of the original series. I think me and you talked about it when it first happened. I'm not too optimistic about City of Angels, especially because all the stuff I've read about it make it sound like it's got too broad of a focus and is only connected to the original Penny Dreadful by name only. Showtime and Logan got rid of PD and now we're supposed to be excited about a series that has the PD name but nothing to do with the first three seasons?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I'll watch it (I DVRed it) but I'm still bitter on their abrupt and awful wrap-up of the original series. I think me and you talked about it when it first happened. I'm not too optimistic about City of Angels, especially because all the stuff I've read about it make it sound like it's got too broad of a focus and is only connected to the original Penny Dreadful by name only. Showtime and Logan got rid of PD and now we're supposed to be excited about a series that has the PD name but nothing to do with the first three seasons?
    I remember. It was such a hush hush I was stunned when it ended. But with the demise of Ms. Ives, what were they to do? I would have loved more of Dr. Jekyl, Dorian Grey, Frankenstein and his monster, and perhaps Ms. Ives resurrecting as a vampire or something like that. Dracula left, so I felt there could have been a lot more. But when I re-watched the series, it was still one hell of a series that I purchased on blu ray. I can see why it ended, I just wish it had a little more closure with everyone, and perhaps an opened ending with Dracula doing something or Ives being reborn to make fans hopeful of a 1-2 season return. Could still happen but highly unlikely. Regardless, it was the best horror show I have ever seen and I have enjoyed re-watching it, which is rare for me to say.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. It's definitely one of my favorite shows overall. I'd love to do a re-watch of it (and Lost...and Fringe...and a bunch of my other favorites) but there's just so much new TV I haven't started yet!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll watch it (I DVRed it) but I'm still bitter on their abrupt and awful wrap-up of the original series...
    This is the only reason I never watched Penny Dreadful (and a couple of others that were cut short). Unfinished stories bug the crap outta me and I'd hate to see my lingering questions go unanswered.

Country
    Country Flag

I mean, technically it wasn't cut short. It's finished in the sense that it told the complete story it wanted to (not like it was cancelled in the middle of a season or anything). I just mean that I wasn't satisfied. The last season felt rushed and the ending abrupt. We didn't even know the season 3 finale was the series finale until the second the finale cut to black with the title card: END OF SERIES. Talk about a WTF moment.

But don't let that deter you from the show at all. The first two seasons (and some of the third) are some of the best TV and storytelling I've ever seen.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, I'll add it to the list! Amazon Prime?

Country
    Country Flag

I have no idea where, but I'm sure it's streaming somewhere.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Confused

I mean, technically it wasn't cut short. It's finished in the sense that it told the complete story it wanted to (not like it was cancelled in the middle of a season or anything). I just mean that I wasn't satisfied. The last season felt rushed and the ending abrupt. We didn't even know the season 3 finale was the series finale until the second the finale cut to black with the title card: END OF SERIES. Talk about a WTF moment.

But don't let that deter you from the show at all. The first two seasons (and some of the third) are some of the best TV and storytelling I've ever seen.
    Is it on both Amazon and Netflix?
    But yes, it felt slow moving at first and rushed and characters moved towards where they needed to be. They could have had more story, more treachery, more extension of the characters and made it two full seasons. When Ethan met his father that could have been extended. Dr. Jekyl helping out with Mr. Hyde. Something like that. Though cut quickly and moved rushed, I still loved it that much.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I never saw Penny Dreadful, but I saw a trailer for the new show and it caught my eye. Although that could have been because of Natalie Dormer.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the premiere of City of Angels the other night and it was WAY better than I was expecting. Still irritated that they're using the Penny Dreadful branding, but I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to seeing where it goes.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Confused

I watched the premiere of City of Angels the other night and it was WAY better than I was expecting. Still irritated that they're using the Penny Dreadful branding, but I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to seeing where it goes.
    I watched the second episode and I find it so boring and uninteresting. The title alone has noting to do with the Penny Dreadfuls. I don't know if I can continue....

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm...I haven't seen the second one yet. I'll have to let you know if I still feel the same way after I do.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Confused

Person of Interest
    Several people have mentioned I should watch this. I do like the premise and the characters, but man is it super repetitive. 22-23 episodes for 4 seasons and then 13 for the 5th. A lot of wash and repeat. I'm not loving it, but it isn't bad either.

My Mood
    Confused

Star Wars Clone Wars
    Just completed the 7th and final season and wow was it great. You can tell when someone likes Star Wars when they write a great storyline and throw in likeable characters even though it is an animation production. The creator seemed to have loved his Star Wars more then the direction of the newer last three movies. Dave Filoni is the man! Hope he works on the next movie or something Star Wars related.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Person of Interest
    Several people have mentioned I should watch this. I do like the premise and the characters, but man is it super repetitive. 22-23 episodes for 4 seasons and then 13 for the 5th. A lot of wash and repeat. I'm not loving it, but it isn't bad either.
    Unfortunately, that's what you're going to get with a Network procedural. I've all but eliminated them from my TV diet.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Person of Interest
    Unfortunately, that's what you're going to get with a Network procedural. I've all but eliminated them from my TV diet.
    I cannot agree more. Some people mentioned it had some comparisons to Devs and Westworld with the whole AI computer aspect so I figured I would give it a whirl. I literally can fall asleep to Person of Interest, and not miss a beat.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Person of Interest
    I cannot agree more. Some people mentioned it had some comparisons to Devs and Westworld with the whole AI computer aspect so I figured I would give it a whirl. I literally can fall asleep to Person of Interest, and not miss a beat.
    It gets better and better. The end is really well done. I prefer it to Westworld myself.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Person of Interest
    Yup. That's why I don't bother with anything on CBS or Fox, that's all they're capable of putting out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 149 of 188 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 ... LastLast