Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 188 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: General Television Discussion

Gunslinger Apprentice <รด> bango skank <รด> is on a distinguished road <รด> bango skank <รด>'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

has been years since i watched darkplace!! tis very, very funny though i cant remember it well. Wasn't an episode a piss take of Carrie?
    and don't the same blokes do The IT Crowd?

just watched the season finale of 24. awesome!
    "God pisses down your neck everyday, but only drowns you once.*

"When the shooting starts, we kill what moves. " - Roland Deschain

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, there was a Carrie pisstake with episode 2, although my favourite ep has to be The Apes of Wrath, a complete steal from Planet of the Apes.

"Not my fault! Monkey Bastard Hands!"

Finished watching Lost: Season One, and i've gotta admit I am impressed. Overall it felt like all 25 episodes was merely an introduction to the show, but that's not a bad thing. Hopefully i'll locate Season Two for a good price soon!

Gotta say though that is funny what you can and can't get away with on network television. For example, with Lost you can get away with
    Spoiler:
    a bloke getting sucked into a plane's engine and a guy exploding when holding a stick of dynamite,
    but it is a shame that you can't get away with
    Spoiler:
    a guy saying, "HOLY SHIT, DUDE!" right afterwards.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I hope you like the rest just as much.
    I'm pretty sure it's online if you want to watch it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Can't watch it online, i spend enough time on the computer as it is!

Seriously though, i'll just wait until i can afford to get the 2nd series on dvd. Considering it's quite a few years old now that won't be difficult in the slightest!

- Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice <รด> bango skank <รด> is on a distinguished road <รด> bango skank <รด>'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

who i the bloke from darkplace? him with the specks, also in IT crowd and the Boosh

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Richard Ayoade. Bloody legendary. But not QUITE as legendary as Matt Berry, who played Todd Rivers/Dr Sanchez in Darkplace and the boss in the IT Crowd. My advice? Listen to his music, if you can find it. I've yet to listen to Opium, but Witchazel is both fucked, and brilliant!

And here's a vid directed by Ayoade and starring Berry in a Super Furry Animals song:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BANdftxuqlM"]YouTube - Super Furry Animals - Run-Away[/ame]

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

hahahahahahha!!!!

dint know if you are a fan, but can you.. 011899988119 etc. hehehehe. old lady falls.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

For Pushing Daisies fans-don't know if you've heard about this yet, Heather-ABC is going to be airing the final five-although now I think it's only four-episodes of this season, which were already in the can, on Saturday prime-time.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by <๔> bango skank <๔> View Post
    hahahahahahha!!!!

dint know if you are a fan, but can you.. 011899988119 etc. hehehehe. old lady falls.
    Even better moment than that:

"God damn these electric sex pants!"

- Melike

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    For Pushing Daisies fans-don't know if you've heard about this yet, Heather-ABC is going to be airing the final five-although now I think it's only four-episodes of this season, which were already in the can, on Saturday prime-time.
    does this mean you guys are watching the third series? not sure where you guys are up to over there, but the 2nd series just finished here. (at least i think it was???) and all the loose ends looked wrapped up.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Anybody else planning on watching The Goode Family, the new animated series from Mike Judge which starts tonight on ABC (9:00 PM EST)? It has the potential to be pretty funny and Mike Judge definitely gets the benefit of the doubt from me to at least watch a few episodes.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i am now.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Hey does anyone watch Around The World For Free on WGN?

here's the site: http://www.wgnamerica.com/pages/arou...world_for_free

If you can not get it at home you can watch the episodes on the website.

Around the World For Free sees Alex Boylan, winner of The Amazing Race 2, as he attempts the impossible: stripping himself of all monetary funds and, with only a backpack and the help of an online community, sets off on a mission to circumnavigate the globe, the ultimate trip in humanity.
    Guys, this an awesome show and an awesome idea. I'm not sure where he's at and how to get on the web community (still trying to find it), but people on the web community help him out by hooking him up with friends they have in the area he's traveling thru. Most of the time he's by himself or just him and the camera guy. The last episode I watched he was already thru Central and South America I think and he's now in Africa.
    Sorry, I'm hyped about this show.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

No, I hadn't heard about that. That just made my night.
    I was wondering if we were ever going to get to see them.
    Is it already starting this coming saturday?

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

http://blogs.pioneerlocal.com/entert...isies_epi.html

ABC is going to start showing the three completed "Pushing Daisies" episodes that never aired starting at 10/9 C Saturday, May 30. The final two will air June 6 and 13. Kristin Chenoweth said in a TV Guide interview that the remaining episodes won't wrap up the season neatly.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

So I thought The Goode Family was pretty entertaining. It didn't floor me, but it was a pilot so I understand they had a lot of character set-up to do. It definitely seemed like something that has a lot of room to grow as they get further along. The interactions with the neighbor were quite funny.

It was also nice to hear Mike Judge do what was essentially the Mr. Van Driessen voice again. It goes perfectly with the character.

ABC is going to start showing the three completed "Pushing Daisies" episodes that never aired starting at 10/9 C Saturday, May 30. The final two will air June 6 and 13. Kristin Chenoweth said in a TV Guide interview that the remaining episodes won't wrap up the season neatly.
    Thanks G!

That's kinda disappointing that the series won't really be wrapped up. For some reason I thought it would be. As long as they don't leave it with a big cliffhanger or anything it'll be ok. I'm still very sad it didn't get picked up for another season. It was one of the best shows currently airing on tv.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love to see it migrate to one of these premium cable channels, which are a lot better at handling these long form, unconventional television programs.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

How bizarre, we have seen this. The Uk seems to be in front of you guys for a change
    HUGE SPOILER
    Spoiler:
    although i beg to differ with the review, as the series i believe Is wrapped up nicely - with all story lines being tied up just my opinion

I would love to see it migrate to one of these premium cable channels, which are a lot better at handling these long form, unconventional television programs.
    Now that would be wonderful if it actually happened. I think it would have done alot better on one of those stations. And they probably would have given it more of a chance. The basic network channels are so quick to drop stuff, and I swear all they air nowadays is reality tv. There's very few primetime shows that I'll actually tune in to watch.

And Candy I am so tempted to click that spoiler, but I must resist.

Well I finally finished watching Pushing Daisies. It just ended out here last night. I'm sad that it's officially over. They kinda wrapped some things up at the end, but I would of loved to have actually seen it as opposed to just have a voice over at the end.

And Candy, that's the US for you. The series finished here I believe last year, and they were supposed to air the final episodes right after Christmas break, however they decided not to air them for some reason. Probably in favor of showing some re-runs of another show, or some reality show instead.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just started Netflixing the DVDs of Freaks and Geeks. God, it's good. Have any of you guys seen it?
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

It's a classic, Seymour, a classic !!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 188 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast