Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 161 of 188 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 171 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    So Bosch isn't about power tools?
    You are close! A cop. Initially it was pretty good but too many seasons and a repetitive story, and it has now jumped the shark.
    How has it jumped the shark? The last few seasons haven't been as strong as the first few, but I wouldn't say it jumped the shark.
    Me either. I still enjoy the show and look forward to the next season.

BTW, Dude "30 Coins" rapped for the season. Time to binge it, my man!!!
    Any particular rapper? Cardi?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    So Bosch isn't about power tools?
    You are close! A cop. Initially it was pretty good but too many seasons and a repetitive story, and it has now jumped the shark.
    How has it jumped the shark? The last few seasons haven't been as strong as the first few, but I wouldn't say it jumped the shark.
    Me either. I still enjoy the show and look forward to the next season.

BTW, Dude "30 Coins" rapped for the season. Time to binge it, my man!!!
    Too repetitive and stale for me. I initially enjoyed it and felt the second season was the best, but the rehash of cop stories make all these type of shows similar. I enjoyed the show; initially.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I didn't think it would be possible for them to do Sarah Pinborough's novel BEHIND HER EYES justice, but the Netflix adaptation is really good.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I didn't think it would be possible for them to do Sarah Pinborough's novel BEHIND HER EYES justice, but the Netflix adaptation is really good.
    VERRY GOOOD. I cannot wait to finish it. I am half way.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Anyone hear watch Losing Alice? Excellent show, I definitely recommend it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://collider.com/the-simpsons-se...4-renewed-fox/
    Real talk: The Simpsons will probably outlive us all. Wednesday, Fox announced that the longest-running primetime scripted show in television history will continue to hold onto that title, renewing the show for a 33rd and 34th season. This will continue the show's run to 2023 and a total of 757 episodes. (They might as well go for an even thousand at this point, right?)

As this is by far not the first time the creators and "star" of the iconic animated sitcom have delivered said news, the quotes provided in the official release bring with them an air of refined hilarity. Which is to say, they all do a great job of mirroring the show's irreverent spirit, with more than a hint of self-deprecation — which is quite the achievement, when you consider that, again, this is arguably one of the most successful television series of all time.

Creator/executive producer Matt Groening:

“Everyone at THE SIMPSONS is thrilled to be renewed once more, and we are planning lots of big surprises. Homer will lose a hair, Milhouse will get contact lenses, and Bart will celebrate his tenth birthday for the thirty-third time.”

Executive producer James L. Brooks:

“My biggest move was in the very beginning when I decided to never uncross my fingers."

Fox Entertainment CEO Charlie Collier:

“It’s a sincere pleasure to announce the Season 33 and 34 pick-ups for THE SIMPSONS. We keep hoping that, eventually, they’ll get it right. Profound respect for and congratulations to Matt, Jim, Al and the many other wonderful partners working really hard to finally elevate ‘The Tracey Ullman Show.’ As they say, ‘practice makes perfect.’”

And, of course, from Homer Simpson himself:

"Woo Hoo! With any luck the show will soon be older than I am.”

The last few years have been a somewhat turbulent time for The Simpsons, as the series has dealt with a new level of scrutiny over its long-established casting choices, which recently led to the decision to no longer have white actors playing characters of color. While its characters may never get older, The Simpsons has shown that it has the potential to keep growing up — something it seems it'll have the opportunity to do in perpetuity.

New episodes of The Simpsons air Sundays on Fox.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So it seems as if most here don't have Apple tv, and I can't believe I'm going to promote Apple as I can't stand them But I got 3 months for free, and I will say, it's totally worth the $5 for 1 month. You all need to watch Servant and Losing Alice. Two of the better shows I've seen in a long time. Servant is super creepy and weird, I believe season 2 is just about to finish, and I'm dying to know what's going on. And Losing Alice is a psychological thriller about a director who becomes obsessed with this young femme fatale type screenwriter.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Heather,
    Servant season 1 I really enjoyed. I started the 2nd season and really didn't like but but I'll wait until it ends and start it over to give it another go.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heather,
    Servant season 1 I really enjoyed. I started the 2nd season and really didn't like but but I'll wait until it ends and start it over to give it another go.
    First season was great but the second... is not
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I'm still enjoying the second season. It's not as good as the first, but still enjoyable. I love the creepy atmosphere. And their house is amazing, I would love to live there, even with that creepy mural.
    Spoiler:
    My biggest pet peeve is why on earth are her husband and brother going along with her delusion and even more so in season 2. It's so baffling. Also what do their friends, her coworkers, her father all think about the child missing? Don't they know what happened?

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I'm still enjoying the second season. It's not as good as the first, but still enjoyable. I love the creepy atmosphere. And their house is amazing, I would love to live there, even with that creepy mural.
    Spoiler:
    My biggest pet peeve is why on earth are her husband and brother going along with her delusion and even more so in season 2. It's so baffling. Also what do their friends, her coworkers, her father all think about the child missing? Don't they know what happened?
    I thought everyone knew, but just played along. It really isn't helping her, but that is part of the story...or then there wouldn't be one .

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The above video as a case in point I don't understand why these various studios/Streaming services are not throwing tons of cash at established genre propertieslike "The Dark Tower", LOTR, Dune, Foundation, I, Robot, etc, etc. Sci-Fi and fantasy would seem to offer the fan base and following that would serve as a lynch pin for these new services. Add in merchandising and a proper marketing campaign I would think you could create buzz with money to an extent. Obviously, all the services (with the exception of Disney having the MCU and SW) are dying for content and there are tons of book series available for that content. Why not take a chance or two? or am I nuts and totally off base here?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Aren't there already plans for a new LOTR TV show and a new Dune movie this year?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Aren't there already plans for a new LOTR TV show and a new Dune movie this year?
    IDK where "LOTR" stands and yes there is a film for "Dune" in the works, but I was referring to episodic content which, you could draw from both and a host of other established book sources. TDT seems to me to be an absolute wealth of content crossing the lines between Sci-Fi and Fantasy. I don't understand the hesitancy in producing it with the strides they've made in GCI and other tech. To me, this would seem like a slam dunk given the following of the country's most prolific author even though TDT may be considered an acquired taste. I mean it's got it all, western, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, urban drama, racial overtones and contemporary icon/heroes. You name it, TDT offers it almost.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Finally finished Dark! I absolutely loved the first season, still enjoyed the second season, but the third season really dragged. It took a turn that I didn't care for. They already had so much going on to work with but they made an already confusing show even more confusing. It finally came together at the end, but honestly I wasn't a fan. It kinda bums me out because like I said I loved the first two seasons a lot. At least now I can head over to google because I still have some questions.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Honest recommendation: Watch "American Gods"!!!! Extremely well done rendition of the novel and wonderful TV and imagery!!!

Shadow Moon Rulez!!! lol And a shout ot to, "Mad Sweeney"!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is gut-wrenching news, especially since the show was previously renewed for a sixth season

Everyone should watch this show ASAP, it's a masterpiece.

My Mood
    Confused

Honest recommendation: Watch "American Gods"!!!! Extremely well done rendition of the novel and wonderful TV and imagery!!!

Shadow Moon Rulez!!! lol And a shout ot to, "Mad Sweeney"!!!!
    3rd season isn't very good and dragging out one book into 3 seasons with probably a 4th on the way changes the story significantly and dilutes the source material. But I loved the first 2 seasons......kind of like Westworld. The longer it's running the worse it's getting.

Country
    Country Flag

Man THE HEAD is soooooooooo good. I can't stop. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Loved it!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    IDK where "LOTR" stands and yes there is a film for "Dune" in the works, but I was referring to episodic content which, you could draw from both and a host of other established book sources. TDT seems to me to be an absolute wealth of content crossing the lines between Sci-Fi and Fantasy. I don't understand the hesitancy in producing it with the strides they've made in GCI and other tech. To me, this would seem like a slam dunk given the following of the country's most prolific author even though TDT may be considered an acquired taste. I mean it's got it all, western, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, urban drama, racial overtones and contemporary icon/heroes. You name it, TDT offers it almost.
    I honestly don't get it either. But considering how badly they fumbled the DT film and how not well received some of the recent works based on his stories have been (The Mist, The Stand, Pet Sematary) I wonder if that plays a role.

Although other works have actually been pretty good when done right. Mr. Mercedes, IT, Gerald's Game, 1922.

My biggest problem is that they keep re-making things that have already been done. How many damn Children of the Corn or Carrie movies do we really need?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    That's what she said.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished the final season of Homeland. Loved it, and loved the way it ended. Homeland started great, then died off, but then it rose from the ashes again in the final two seasons.

Hot off the heels of Jason Sudeikis' win at the Emmy's, I decided to give Ted Lasso a chance. Three episodes in and very happy so far.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Just finished the final season of Homeland. Loved it, and loved the way it ended. Homeland started great, then died off, but then it rose from the ashes again in the final two seasons.

Hot off the heels of Jason Sudeikis' win at the Emmy's, I decided to give Ted Lasso a chance. Three episodes in and very happy so far.
    Ted Lasso is really fun. LOved it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm halfway through the final season of Homeland.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 161 of 188 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 171 ... LastLast