Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 169 of 188 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished season one of Hack - loved it! Totally deserved its 15 Emmy nominations. Jean Smart follows up her Mare of Eastown nomination with this one. What a year for her.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just re-watching S6 of "Ray Donovan" on Showtime. What a great show, IMHO. If you haven't seen it give it a go. In summary it's about a criminal. Irish family living in, L.A./N.Y. "Ray" is a Hollywood "Fixer" getting into all kinds of shit and dealing with his fuck up of a criminal Father, the illustrious, Jon Voight. I'm fairly certain you will enjoy it and likely re-watch it afterwards at some point. The S6 finale is particularly delicious with dark comedy sprinkled in for effect.

Just a great show!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You have to give "American Ultra" a watch on, Netflix!!! Real hidden gem starring, Jesse Eisenberg and Topher Grace. Spy/Action/Thriller I had heard nothing about in advance so I was very pleasantly surprised to click on it and enjoy it. I'd give it a solid 4.5 out of 6 beers on the old RFMRS.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the whole idea of Hollywood fixers. So many great stories.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished up Parks and Recreation. I never got into the show because I watched a few episodes from the first season back when it aired and it didn't do anything for me. The first season still is just okay, and the second is a big improvement, and by the third it's really hit its stride. All in all it was a really funny show and I thought the finale was excellent. I'm not sure where it falls on my list of TV comedies. I think it goes above The Office, maybe even Eastbound and Down. But it doesn't reach Arrested Development/Seinfeld/Frasier.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I just finished up Parks and Recreation. I never got into the show because I watched a few episodes from the first season back when it aired and it didn't do anything for me. The first season still is just okay, and the second is a big improvement, and by the third it's really hit its stride. All in all it was a really funny show and I thought the finale was excellent. I'm not sure where it falls on my list of TV comedies. I think it goes above The Office, maybe even Eastbound and Down. But it doesn't reach Arrested Development/Seinfeld/Frasier.
    Parks and Rec. is one of those shows that requires a lot of early patience, but the payoff is considerable. Ron Swanson is one of the best TV characters of all time. Have we done a TV character tournament?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it goes above The Office...
    Naaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I think it goes above The Office...
    Naaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
    HELL NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Have we done a TV character tournament?
    I kicked around the idea once, but it's a little more difficult to do TV related tournaments in general than it is movie tournaments. TV requires a significant investment of time. It's not the same thing to say 'watch this 2 hour movie' than it is to say 'watch this 60 episode TV series to really get this character'.

Having said that, I'm still down though if there's a way we can make it work, and if the interest is there...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I kicked around the idea once, but it's a little more difficult to do TV related tournaments in general than it is movie tournaments. TV requires a significant investment of time. It's not the same thing to say 'watch this 2 hour movie' than it is to say 'watch this 60 episode TV series to really get this character'.

Having said that, I'm still down though if there's a way we can make it work, and if the interest is there...
    That be nice. But for TV I think I’d have to give to Kramer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What we could do is a 'Best Comedic TV Character' tournament. Sitcoms are a little different in that they're not as spoiler-sensitive as say dramas like Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones etc.,

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Has the potential to be the next big water cooler conversation piece. FX is usually pretty solid, hope this blossoms into what is has the potential to be.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm very intrigued and interested in participating in something like this!!! You may be spot on, Ferny. It may be easier to go with a movie version or by category at least for the first go round. Count me in, FWIW!!!

EDIT: If nothing else, the nomination rounds oughta be funny as hell and even crazier!! What do ya think?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    EDIT: If nothing else, the nomination rounds oughta be funny as hell and even crazier!! What do ya think?
    Like I said, I'm totes down to do a Comedy TV Character tournament. We'd get like Homer Simpson vs Kramer, Ron Swanson vs Michael Scott. Shit would be fun as hell.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I feel like I've been waiting for this forever. I read the graphic novel like a decade ago. I still need to read the last volume, but they are really good.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed "Mosquito Coast" a sort of "family" spy film on, Apple TV. I'd give it 4.5 out of 6 beers using the RFMRS.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed "Mosquito Coast" a sort of "family" spy film on, Apple TV. I'd give it 4.5 out of 6 beers using the RFMRS.
    Have you ever seen the film it's based on? I've always wanted to see that one.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you ever seen the film it's based on? I've always wanted to see that one.
    Not yet. I'm gonna give it a go if I can find it running somewhere!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I don't know if anyone here is young enough to have watched Blue's Clues on a regular basis but you may have kids or grand-kids that did.

My 3 girls loved the show. I'm pretty sure we still have a few of the VHS tapes in a box somewhere in our basement.

Anyway, Steve has a message for everyone.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1435332689532440579
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 169 of 188 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 ... LastLast