Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 188 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: General Television Discussion

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

G, I never pictured you as a Ms. Universe fan

And did the US contestant actually come out in a NASCAR outfit? That just seems very odd. Do they get to choose their costumes or something, maybe she's just a fan?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if I'd call myself a "fan," but the first ten minutes or so are worth watching.

The contestants from Cyprus, Turkey and The Netherlands were stunning-even though the Dutch one had a fake windmill attached to the back of her dress.
    Ms. Turkey had on this sheer, lace getup, which I doubt was very traditional, but was sexy as hell.

I really doubt they get to choose these outfits, because sixty percent of them looked absolutely ridiculous, with Ms. China's being the worst. The fact that 3 or 4 hundred million people might have seen her wearing that absurd costume makes me feel sorry for her.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

What new television series are you guys looking forward to this season?

For me, it's Cougartown and Brothers.

Anything that combines Carl Weathers, Michael Strahan, Daryl "Chill" Mitchell AND CCH Pounder has Emmy written all over it, IMO. Then again, I've never watched The Emmys so I could be totally wrong about that. Either way, I'm enthused.

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

Flash Forward might be a good one based on what I've read. Right now my excitement is mostly focused on existing shows coming back in fall, like Fringe (Sept 17)...Venture Brothers (Nov )...The Office (Sept 17)...I feel like I'm forgetting something..

I think it's hard to win my trust with a new show. I watch a lot of TV but I tend to get into shows late in the game (partly, I just can't go through another horrible Heroes experience!)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Off the top of my head, I'm looking forward to Community.

I'm just such a huge fan of Joel McHale. I just hope it works. Most of my favorite shows only last a little while anyways. They are usually really good, but nobody watches.

Some examples: Arrested Development, Reaper, Veronica Mars just to name a few.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ola View Post
    Right now my excitement is mostly focused on existing shows coming back...
    exactly. i am quite excited for the return of vb, as well as season 7 of curb your enthusiasm which starts in september.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm really looking forward to Flash Forward. It's got an interesting premise.

And on another note, has anyone here been watching Defying Gravity. I'm really getting into this one. I'm not sure if it's just a summer show and it'll be ending in a few weeks or not, but I'm really hoping it sticks around for awhile.

Edit - Jayson I just saw your post. Curb Your Enthusiasm is coming back I can't wait!

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

My brother claims that Venture Brothers is one of the funniest adult cartoons in the history of animation, although I've never watched it myself.

Community looks interesting, but the fact that one of its stars is Chevy Chase gives me pause. Personally, I can't think of someone who's ostensibly a comedian who's less funny, with the exception of Martin Short.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    My brother claims that Venture Brothers is one of the funniest adult cartoons in the history of animation, although I've never watched it myself.
    i would take your brother's advice and check it out. it is, by far, one of the most hilarious shows ever, and gets better and better with each season they do. it's very clever and extremely well written. i only wish there were more episodes per season. a new one every week forever would be just fine with me.

Random thought: wasn't Joel McHale supposed to be doing an American version of the IT Crowd with Richard Ayoade? What happened to that?

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm...

It seems to me that certain channels keep the volume low for their show and high for commercials. FX seems the worst at it.

Anyone else annoyed by this???
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Hmmm...

It seems to me that certain channels keep the volume low for their show and high for commercials. FX seems the worst at it.

Anyone else annoyed by this???
    Yep.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by jayson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    i would take your brother's advice and check it out. it is, by far, one of the most hilarious shows ever, and gets better and better with each season they do. it's very clever and extremely well written. i only wish there were more episodes per season. a new one every week forever would be just fine with me.
    this.

gerard. we've had this discussion before. you know we have. i'm so incredibly disappointed that after all that, you still haven't watched any venture brothers. i may have to rethink being your friend now.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I was going to head over to my brother's apt. and ask him to lend me some of his DVDs.

Okay, I might order one season myself if it's that good.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

yes. please do.

like jayson said, each season just gets better and better.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Hell yes, Venture Bros! Also, looking forward to more Supernatural, House, aaaaaand that's about it. There are some new shows that make me almost wish I had cable (the new one with Jason Schwartzman/Ted Danson comes to mind) and I'm still intrigued by Mad Men and Breaking Bad. Maybe I'll het to see them someday. And yeah, Flash Forward looks like it could be good. I'll give it a shot, methinks.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

I heard about Breaking Bad because Bob Odenkirik plays a slimy lawyer in Season 2/3....but whew, we tried to watch it the other day and it is a little too intense drama for us.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by ola View Post
    Flash Forward might be a good one based on what I've read. Right now my excitement is mostly focused on existing shows coming back in fall, like Fringe (Sept 17)...Venture Brothers (Nov )...The Office (Sept 17)...I feel like I'm forgetting something..
    HEROES!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

And on another note, has anyone here been watching Defying Gravity. I'm really getting into this one. I'm not sure if it's just a summer show and it'll be ending in a few weeks or not, but I'm really hoping it sticks around for awhile.
    I really like Defying Gravity. I think it's pretty cool. Had to explain to someone the flashback sequences and how they usually deal with whatever crisis is happening on the ship.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

I really like Defying Gravity. I think it's pretty cool. Had to explain to someone the flashback sequences and how they usually deal with whatever crisis is happening on the ship.
    Did you really?
    I'm dying to see where they're going to go with this one. I can't wait for tonight's episode. Any idea on how long it's going to be on for?

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish the new season of Dexter would hurry up and get here.

I'm starting to get impatient.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Breaking Bad is an amazing show. I sing its praises often on these boards (just look at my avatar). It's the one reason to have cable. It is also a very intense show, but then again it's just a TV show.

Ruthful, I hope you are right about Brothers but the early reviews are not good. I'd be surprised if it got a whole season. Even if it was a good show, it would never sniff an Emmy. Oh, if you've never seen the Emmy's this year would be a good time to start watching. It's being hosted by Neil Patrick Harris. I have a weird feeling you don't like him though. Hope I'm wrong.

Besides Community, which begins tonight at 9:30 on NBC, I'm looking forward to Flash Forward (who isn't) Modern Family, V, and then there is Glee which is already on. If you haven't seen it, give it a shot.

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

So did anyone watch Community?
    If so, was anyone as disappointed as I was?

I'm still going to watch it next week, but meh.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The only reason why I was disappointed in Community is that I watched the NBC Fall Preview On Demand and they gave away almost every joke.

I'm not kidding, I literally felt like I had already seen the episode before. I'm looking forward to the second episode where I won't know every joke that's coming.

i think community has some potential. i am usually very hard to please when it comes to new comedies. it's not going to break any new ground or anything, but it made me laugh.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

LOST!

And that is all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 188 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast