Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 180 of 188 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 178 179 180 181 182 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 4692

Thread: General Television Discussion

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Anybody watching Better Call Saul? The first episode into their final run was quality. And the actors are all bringing their A-game.

Watching Jonathan Banks play Mike is such a joy, too. He conveys so much doing so little, and through his voice alone. A lesser actor would come across as wooden, or dumb, or angry, but Banks plays the part to perfection.

I haven't seen any of it yet. It's one of the ones I'll get to eventually. I liked Breaking Bad but I didn't love it.
    Some people prefer BCS to BB, so you may also prefer it. I like both series a great deal, but for different reasons. I couldn't choose one as better than the other.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I just realized why the first few episodes of The Wire seemed so odd to me. Because I watched the first few episodes of Season 5. The app puts the episodes backward and even though the first episode was bookmarked, when you click on it the episodes that come up first are the newest. I've been wondering where the fuck the newspaper guys went, and I thought Carver was already a high-ranking cop in the pilot. Well, I guess after finishing season 1 I'll have to watch the first two episodes. This explains so much lol. Not only was I wondering where Aiden Gillen and a bunch of characters and plotlines went, a lot of other plotlines seemed to start out of nowhere.

I'm having flashbacks to that time I borrowed Goodfellas and didn't realize it was a double-sided DVD and I only watched the second half and thought it started right in the middle of things!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dude wtf Well at least you didn't get spoiled all the way.

I told you about that time I watched Up In The Air on a burned DVD, right? Something must have happened during the copying, because it would play Chapter 1, 2 and then 5. Then it would do 3, 4, 9, 6, 7, 8.

When I watched it I was like 'oh cool, it's telling the story non-linearly'... but when it suddenly played the credits and then resumed to about 20 minutes before the end I realized... I was duped.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's ridiculous.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Dude wtf Well at least you didn't get spoiled all the way.

I told you about that time I watched Up In The Air on a burned DVD, right? Something must have happened during the copying, because it would play Chapter 1, 2 and then 5. Then it would do 3, 4, 9, 6, 7, 8.

When I watched it I was like 'oh cool, it's telling the story non-linearly'... but when it suddenly played the credits and then resumed to about 20 minutes before the end I realized... I was duped.

Oh wow. If you've told me that, I totally forgot it, but I won't forget it now. I love Up in the Air...it's one I actually rewatched recently for the first time in years and came up with an interesting interpretation of it. I'd like to think that if the credits started playing 40 minutes into Goodfellas I would've wondered what was going on. That's so weird that a DVD would burn with the chapters all out of place. I watched a lot of burned DVDs back in day and I never experienced that!

If I'm not mistaken this was the first scene on the second side of Goodfellas.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You're close, but the very first scene of the second Goodfellas DVD is when Karen is jamming all the buttons at that apartment complex, trying to get Henry's lover to come out side "Hello is this the super intendent?! Just want you to know you have a whor* living IN 2R! HER NAME IS ROSSI, JANICE ROSSI!"

I know which DVD set you're talking about, I have the same one. Watched 1000 times lol.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I had to rewatch the last season of Parks and Rec before itc leaves Netflix on Monday. It's just so damn good.

I think next I've got to move onto The Crown Season 3.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    By chance, anyone watch, "AppleTV'? Pretty good programming for the most part. There's "Foundation" based on the, Asimov series of books. "Invasion" a Sci-Fi thriller. Also, "Wework" which is based on a true story. And a particularly quirky and cool show called "Severance". Basically the premise is that of workers who choose to have their memories augmented with a chip such that your work self knows nothing of your life outside of work and vice versa. Throw in that the job itself is a mystery and you have a show that you're unsure just what is happening but, can't look away!!
    I’ve been watching Severance. It’s really great.

The subtext – or, quite often, text – of “Corporations are evil” has been done before, of course, but rarely in such an intriguing and entertaining way. Highly recommended.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

By chance, anyone watch, "AppleTV'? Pretty good programming for the most part. There's "Foundation" based on the, Asimov series of books. "Invasion" a Sci-Fi thriller. Also, "Wework" which is based on a true story. And a particularly quirky and cool show called "Severance". Basically the premise is that of workers who choose to have their memories augmented with a chip such that your work self knows nothing of your life outside of work and vice versa. Throw in that the job itself is a mystery and you have a show that you're unsure just what is happening but, can't look away!!
    I’ve been watching Severance. It’s really great.

The subtext – or, quite often, text – of “Corporations are evil” has been done before, of course, but rarely in such an intriguing and entertaining way. Highly recommended.

HBJ
    Yeah, looking forward to seeing where they are going with it.

"Black Bird" is pretty good too. Have you tried "Foundation"? Looking forward to some opinions on it. Top flight Sci-Fi though for sure.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I like Luis Guzman, but I really really really can't see him as Gomez. I hope he proves me wrong tho.

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What pimple faced, hipster dweeb thought it would be a good idea to make a TV series out of "League of their own" a classic film starring, Tom Hanks, Geena Davis, Madonna, etc.? Not only did they fabricate an entire plot line designed to have the female, Jackie Robinson play professional baseball but, they turned story toward a full fledged "Lesbian fest". As if, in order to play baseball you must be gay. The entire series is a very sad rendition of a beloved film and. IMHO a direct insult to the memory of those brave women that subbed in for the men and brought professional baseball to the working Americans during WWII.

It's really, really bad IMHO.

Spoiler:
    Oh, and for some strange reason the director chose to have the, Peaches play with a softball and not a baseball!!!! LOL Must have been some liberal, union rule or something. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

What pimple faced, hipster dweeb thought it would be a good idea to make a TV series out of "League of their own" a classic film starring, Tom Hanks, Geena Davis, Madonna, etc.? Not only did they fabricate an entire plot line designed to have the female, Jackie Robinson play professional baseball but, they turned story toward a full fledged "Lesbian fest". As if, in order to play baseball you must be gay. The entire series is a very sad rendition of a beloved film and. IMHO a direct insult to the memory of those brave women that subbed in for the men and brought professional baseball to the working Americans during WWII.

It's really, really bad IMHO.

Spoiler:
    Oh, and for some strange reason the director chose to have the, Peaches play with a softball and not a baseball!!!! LOL Must have been some liberal, union rule or something. lol

Damn Hippies!!!

...hey! You kids get outta my yard!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

I’ve long stopped paying attention to this kind of thing. Movies and TV shows will stand or fall on their merits, regardless of diversity or inclusion.

Diversity is good. Inclusion is good. But if hiring bad actors in the name of diversity, or artificially shoving specific plot points into story arcs for the sake of inclusion, causes the series quality to suffer, then the series will be forgotten. When diversity and inclusion enrich the series, the series will be remembered.

Studios will continue to tout diversity and inclusion for as long as it creates buzz or grants instant audience approval. The sooner we ignore it and judge a series on its merits alone, the sooner diversity and inclusion will be used to enhance quality rather than substitute for it.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybelle Blair, who inspired Madonna’s character in the sports comedy-drama A League of Their Own, is gay.
    Blair pitched for the Peoria Redwings in 1948 before switching to play softball for the Chicago Cardinals. Her nickname, “All The Way Mae,” made its way into Penny Marshall’s A League of Their Own movie: Madonna’s character Mae Mordabito picked up the monicker.

The beloved film was not telling the whole truth: "There’s so much there that hadn’t been told,” Graham told The Hollywood Reporter. “In talking to a few of the former players about their experience as queer women at the time — one of them said to us, ‘It was a party.’ As a gay person, I never heard anyone say that about a pre-Stonewall event in gay history.”

Get over youself.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Country
    Country Flag

I’ve just finished watching two shows: Severance and Mare of Easttown. Both very different, both excellent. Severance needs a second season; Mare doesn’t.

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I’ve just finished watching two shows: Severance and Mare of Easttown. Both very different, both excellent. Severance needs a second season; Mare doesn’t.
    Sure does!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Black Bird. WOW... anyone else see this?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Just started The White Lotus on HBO Max and it's fantastic! Extremely highly recommended. Season two starts in October.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Black Bird. WOW... anyone else see this?
    I want to, but I don't have AppleTv

Show looks dope tho.

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Just started The White Lotus on HBO Max and it's fantastic! Extremely highly recommended. Season two starts in October.
    Luckily I do have HBO Max though and this one seems interesting. Will check it out!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 180 of 188 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 178 179 180 181 182 ... LastLast