Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 188 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ah, I need to watch Prime Suspect. Absolutely loved Cracker, and I've heard PS is equally good.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Man, I wish we could see "Staged" starring David Tennant and Michael Sheen.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Creepshow on Shudder I believe. The remake of 6 episodes. Anyone see this? Was it supposed to be cheesy, have bad acting, and not worth a watch?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched all the ones that aired (I think it's over for the season, right?) and was thoroughly unimpressed. I think the cheesiness was done on purpose to evoke the original series, but it just didn't work for me. As for the acting, it was pretty consistently bad. I don't know that I'd recommend the show to anyone.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

We have another thread on it here.

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...ight=creepshow

It's already been renewed for a 2nd and 3rd season.

I actually started watching it from the 2nd episode where the cheese factor was extremely high and was really turned off by it. But I continued on and some of the episodes were a little better. I know they are supposed to short stories but I think a few of them suffered from being only 30 minutes long. Actually less with commercials.

Especially when you compare it to something like Black Mirror where they are closer to an hour each.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I watched all the ones that aired (I think it's over for the season, right?) and was thoroughly unimpressed. I think the cheesiness was done on purpose to evoke the original series, but it just didn't work for me. As for the acting, it was pretty consistently bad. I don't know that I'd recommend the show to anyone.
    I believe we watched the same thing. I really liked the doll house episode "head in the house?" and the little girl was great. The ending was terrible, but that to me was the best episode. I will recommend to all my enemies.
    I stopped watching the new Penny Dreadful. Are you still watching it?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm still watching City of Angels. I'm enjoying it but there's too many storylines, I think, so it seems a tad unfocused. I'm not completely sure what the endgame of the season is. Also, the Penny Dreadful name for this still baffles me.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Yeah, I'm still watching City of Angels. I'm enjoying it but there's too many storylines, I think, so it seems a tad unfocused. I'm not completely sure what the endgame of the season is. Also, the Penny Dreadful name for this still baffles me.
    Yeah, I’m really confused, too. With the new setting and adjusting for inflation, surely Dime Dreadful would make more sense? 😉
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Did you ever watch the show from the 90s? Loved it. I'll be curious to check out this new one.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

I barely remember. It'll be interesting to see how they update it. The trailer looks really cute.

Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Intriguing. It seems to take the basic premise and situation of the book and expand/riff on it. I could get behind that. Is it a miniseries? First season of an ongoing show?

It makes me wonder whether Nineteen Eighty-Four could be given this kind of treatment. I think it would be very difficult, given the focus of the book is almost entirely on Winston Smith. And I think the movie released in 1984 was pretty much flawless as an adaptation. But it would be interesting to see what a miniseries would be like.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

DiCaprio has been trying to make A Brave New World film for decades.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Confused

Waco on Netflix
    Fantastic. 6 episodes. Acting was great and it has been a while since I remember the intricate events that unfolded. If the show portrays the actual depiction of how it truly happened, then some of the FBI agents should have not only lost their jobs and pensions, but they should have lost their lives as well.

The Woods on Netflix
    6 episodes. I am very suspect of foreign shows with subtitles and I tend to see a trend of poor acting or over acting. This show however was nothing of the sort and it was well acted, interesting, sad, disturbing, and entertaining to watch. The show did a really good job jumping from the present to 25 years in the past as to what happened at camp all those years ago.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    The Woods on Netflix
    6 episodes. I am very suspect of foreign shows with subtitles and I tend to see a trend of poor acting or over acting. This show however was nothing of the sort and it was well acted, interesting, sad, disturbing, and entertaining to watch. The show did a really good job jumping from the present to 25 years in the past as to what happened at camp all those years ago.
    I find it interesting that European channels are adapting Coben (UK, France and now Poland), but no American service has done so, to the best of my knowledge.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I've been watching the new Baby-Sitter's Club on Netflix. Cute show. Reminds me of my youth.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I grew up watching B&B and have always been a big fan of Mike Judge's work. Never really watched Daria though. I'm interested to see how good the new show will be.

I vaguely remember when they brought them back in 2011-ish? I also have the 3-disc DVD set but I haven't watched it in a long time.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    The Woods on Netflix
    I find it interesting that European channels are adapting Coben (UK, France and now Poland), but no American service has done so, to the best of my knowledge.
    Actually, come to think of it, his book Tell No One was adapted into a French film. I wonder why that is. They were supposed to make an American version.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 188 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 ... LastLast