Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 188 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Thread: General Television Discussion

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I really do need to catch up on True Blood. It does look really good. Sex, violence and vampires: classic combo, imo! Have you seen Being Human at all, mystima? That's a really good British show, I definitely recommend it to anyone who likes shows about vampires, werewolves and ghosts and yet doesn't want another copy of Buffy or anything like that.

Btw, people in the US: if anyone ever catches sight of a blue box or a man in a tweed jacket and bow tie, please, please, please take pics if you can and post on here. Thank you!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Is Being Human pretty good? I've heard of it, but was hesitant about getting into a new show. But it's not like Buffy? Is there anything you can compare it to?

And can do on the Doctor/TARDIS sightings....any particular reason you extend this request now? And how about any other Doctor references? I'm sure I will be able to find some...this is a college campus, afterall...and a really awesome comic book store is across the street from where I live and tends to support Doctor-related releases.

but going back to general TV - I know I'm kinda late to the game, but I've really been enjoying The Big Bang Theory lately. Any fans on here?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I absolutely love Being Human alkanto, but i'm not sure if I can compare it to anything else. It is about a vampire, a ghost and a werewolf, but they're not really interested in fighting monsters for a living, they just want to live a normal life whilst sharing a house. It's just that their condition makes it difficult for them to have an ordinary life. It's got comedy, drama, and even a good dose of horror. I'd check it out if you can, there's only been 2 series so far at a total of 14 eps (you know how short British series are, after all).

And I'll post in the Doctor Who forum of why i'm only asking for sightings of a blue box in the US now, I'd just thought i'd get the people who don't watch the show to help out as well. Any pics would be awesome.

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay...on your recommendation I will have to check it out. 14 eps isn't too bad...I could cover that in a couple of days, like I manage most of the DW series.

And I checked that....my emotions are summed up as such:

I will make it my personal mission to try and catch a picture. If you hear any other news, be sure to let me know so I can form my master "Matt Smith Stalking Plan"

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It's a plan I heartily recommend! (Mainly because I have a very similar "Karen Gillan Stalking Plan", of course...)

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, have you been to the States yet? This would make a good excuse, and it would make it easier for our plans to line up...teamwork, you ken?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I haven't been to the states, and I'd love to, but I think waiting for an episode to be shot in London would be far easier for my Karen Gillan...sightseeing!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well...fine then! You crazy....London-er...person, you. I didn't need you anyways.

I'll....sightsee...Matt Smith all by myself then.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I absolutely love Being Human alkanto, but i'm not sure if I can compare it to anything else. It is about a vampire, a ghost and a werewolf, but they're not really interested in fighting monsters for a living, they just want to live a normal life whilst sharing a house. It's just that their condition makes it difficult for them to have an ordinary life. It's got comedy, drama, and even a good dose of horror. I'd check it out if you can, there's only been 2 series so far at a total of 14 eps (you know how short British series are, after all).

And I'll post in the Doctor Who forum of why i'm only asking for sightings of a blue box in the US now, I'd just thought i'd get the people who don't watch the show to help out as well. Any pics would be awesome.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So I take it you like Being Human as well? I will for sure have to check it out...after I finally finish all the Tennant episodes. That might take a few weeks...and by then Series 5 will be out...I promise I'll watch it, though!

Do any of your guys watch Bones or House? Those are probably my other two favorite shows..but not many people around here watch them...

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I really do need to catch up on True Blood. It does look really good. Sex, violence and vampires: classic combo, imo! Have you seen Being Human at all, mystima? That's a really good British show, I definitely recommend it to anyone who likes shows about vampires, werewolves and ghosts and yet doesn't want another copy of Buffy or anything like that.

Btw, people in the US: if anyone ever catches sight of a blue box or a man in a tweed jacket and bow tie, please, please, please take pics if you can and post on here. Thank you!
    watched the first season of Being Human. I loved it...just waiting for the second season to get to netflix. from what i have been seeing on syfy channel they plan on making an American version of the show...hopefully it won't suck.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just lurking around youtube and found this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF1vXX_jOkE&feature=related"]YouTube - Disneys Gargoyles - English HQ - Intro[/ame]

Remember how effing awesome this show was? I think I was in love with Goliath a little bit.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

used to watch that all the time. one of my sisters was a big fan of this show. everytime i went to pick up the kids (daughter was 6 son was 4, they are now 15 and 13) from her house she would always be watching it..she at the time was in her late 30's early 40's.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Emily, I totally remember that. You know, back when Disney channel wasn't Hannah Montana and iCarly dominated?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Am I the only person watching Boardwalk Empire?

I should hope not.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I posted something about Boardwalk Empire after the first ep, but it didn't seem like too many people were watching it. The show is unbelievable. Quickly becoming my new favorite show on tv, and possibly my favorite thing Martin Scorsese has ever done. I hope it stays this awesome.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I have watched the first two episodes of Boardwalk Empire and the second one was really slow. I have the rest waiting on my dv-r waiting for me to have time to get to them. I expect that the rest are better than episode two was.

The Office has really been letting me down this season.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post

Ugh, me too. I tried to watch a few episodes on OnDemand tonight, and kept getting distracted. I ended up just turning it off. So sad.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post

Ugh, me too. I tried to watch a few episodes on OnDemand tonight, and kept getting distracted. I ended up just turning it off. So sad.
    As much as I normally love The Office, I think it might just be running out of steam. I think I would rather have seen them end last season that watch it end up dwindling away. It makes me sad. It is actually being overshadowed by Outsourced right now.

Edited to add:

Tonight's episode of Fringe was titled "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep?" and that is awesome.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just started watching a show called No Ordinary Family. It is about a family that somehow get superpowers after a plane crash in Brazil. from what I have seen looks like it could be a good series. It's kinda on the lines of The Incredibles.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Emily, I totally remember that. You know, back when Disney channel wasn't Hannah Montana and iCarly dominated?
    iCarly is on Nickelodeon.

Yea, I have three daughters...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That goes to show you how much I watch it.

The first couple episodes of The Office this season were really good and a HUGE improvement over last season, I thought. Last night though? Not so much.

And I need to catch up on Fringe this season!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I just started watching The Office. I absolutely love it! It cracks me up I'm just nearing the end of season 3 now.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Is this your first time watching it, Heather? I love the first 4 seasons, I think season 2 is my favorite. I rewatch that one all the time. I love the second to last episode of season 3, "Beach Games". Hilarious

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

It is I just finished the last few eps of the third season. But so far season 2 has been my favorite. Except for that bat episode. I couldn't stop laughing. Oh and I love Dwight. He's hilarious
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 188 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast