+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 188 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: General Television Discussion

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got to say, the one part of that episode I really liked is the chain reaction vomiting. I thought it was very much in keeping with the ethos of the show, esp. the friction between Dwight and Pam.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am enjoying a complete rewatching of BTVS and Angel.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh... almost forgot to mention that I'm re-watching Oz from DVD. I got the collection box on my birthday at summer sooo finally watching those. Awesome series...

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Finished season 2 of Mad Men and am already a couple of episodes into the third. When does the season end? I have a feeling I'm going to go into Mad Men withdrawal pretty soon
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure when it ends, but I missed this past Sunday's episode , I'll have to watch it (and sons of anarchy, another good show) this weekend. Glad you're enjoying it! it's so addicting!
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    I am enjoying a complete rewatching of BTVS and Angel.
    cool!!

i (as you all know) was looking forward to SG Universe, and while i am still giving it a chance i am not at this moment overly impressed. However, i caught a new programme last night defying gravity and it looks really cool. Its managed to give the back story on all the characters really welll without being boring and it look like it will be really good. So i am inclining more towards this at the moment than my beloved SG

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Candy you're going to love Defying Gravity. There's actually a thread here dedicated to the show, but I can't remember offhand how much in the way of spoilers there are.

I loved the show, but sadly I have a feeling it's not going to continue. They aired it over the summer here, and there are still two or three episodes left that they have yet to air. Although at this point who knows if they will. They always do that to us over here, and I don't understand why.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i shall hunt it down
    i hate it when they do that with the episodes, we got that with fringe - the length of time it took to show the missing episodes i actually thought it was a new series

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

so i've been inundated with commercials for the upcoming premier of the remake tv series of V and all i can think is "V? really?"

this is where we've gotten with television, remaking shows from the 80's?

what's next?

manimal?

silver spoons?

tyler perry presents gimme a break?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by lux interior View Post
    so i've been inundated with commercials for the upcoming premier of the remake tv series of V and all i can think is "V? really?"

this is where we've gotten with television, remaking shows from the 80's?

what's next?

manimal?

silver spoons?

tyler perry presents gimme a break?

That does seem to be the current trend. First we had that (admittedly very good) remake of Battlestar Galactica, then we had the (not so good) Knight Rider remake. The new V might have some genuine potential, though. I'll add that to the list of shows labelled "Planning to watch but will miss 1st episode and so quickly forget about!" Currently on this list are: FlashForward, Harper's Island (of which i shamefully only caught the last episode, making me wish that i really watched the show from the beginning) and Warehouse 13.

These days, there's very little new telly that i watch. In fact, the only two shows that aren't at least 2 year old repeats that i'm currently watching are the 2nd season of Lie to Me, which is always fantastic, and Doctor Who children's spinoff the Sarah Jane Adventures. Now although i'm quite possibly definitely the biggest Dr Who fan on this board, with Sarah Jane being one of my favourite companions ever, it's only on its 3rd season that i'm starting to watch this show. Every time i tried to watch it before, it was just a little too childish for me.

Still, the last two episodes i watched were fantastic (with old Dr Who clips thrown in, a very welcome bonus!) and next week, the very reason that I'm watching the current season in the 1st place: the Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith, with a certain Time Lord crashing it! Woopwoop!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Harper's Island (of which i shamefully only caught the last episode, making me wish that i really watched the show from the beginning)
    Oh no, you started with the last episode
    I really enjoyed that one. You should go back and watch them all. Even though you'll know what's going on, it's still worth it in my opinion.

I tried watching Flash Forward when it started but just couldn't get into it. So I gave up a few episodes in.

And I'm actually looking forward to V, but maybe that's because I haven't seen the original.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thanks, sally. Well, the channel Harper's Island is on in the UK usually does marathon repeats anyway. And since I've heard they're doing a second series (though I don't see how a second series could work, considering it did the beginning, middle and ending so beautifully), I suppose I would've found out who the killer was eventually. Like the Saw movies: the 1st one had you constantly guessing who Jigsaw was until the very end, but if you didn't watch the film quickly enough you would've seen his face on the poster for Saw III anyway!

- Melike

Quote Originally Posted by Sally View Post
    And I'm actually looking forward to V, but maybe that's because I haven't seen the original.
    it's not even that i think it will or won't be like the original (which i never really liked). it's more the complete lack of a desire to create something original.

i am quite sure abc was pitched original ideas and i would be rather pissed off were i the creator of an original product that was passed over to make a more hip slick version of some old tv show.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

it's not even that i think it will or won't be like the original (which i never really liked). it's more the complete lack of a desire to create something original.

i am quite sure abc was pitched original ideas and i would be rather pissed off were i the creator of an original product that was passed over to make a more hip slick version of some old tv show.
    Oh, the new V is going to be done by abc? Yeah, well, judging from the past remakes they made, it'll probably suck compared to the original or just get a completely different and shit ending *coughLifeOnMarscough*.

- Melike

Well, I'll definitely agree with you there. At least it's not another reality show though. And what bothers me a lot as well is that they often take off good original programing and won't really give it a chance. Pushing Daisies, just to name one, never really got a fair shot. There really aren't all that many shows that I watch on tv anymore.

Doctor, are they really planning a second season? I actually had the killer pegged in that one from the very first episode. It was funny because me and my mom would always argue, because I kept saying it just had to be that particular person, and something would happen and she'd say "see it can't be them because of that, it's gotta be this one"

Well, I'll definitely agree with you there. At least it's not another reality show though. And what bothers me a lot as well is that they often take off good original programing and won't really give it a chance. Pushing Daisies, just to name one, never really got a fair shot. There really aren't all that many shows that I watch on tv anymore.
    precisely.

every unoriginal rehash show or "reality" program takes potential air time away from shows like freaks & geeks which never got a chance to succeed. the whole world seems to love everything judd apatow touches now (though most of his movies don't appeal all that much to me) and yet perhaps his best project was killed before it ever had a chance.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Doctor, are they really planning a second season?
    Hmm, i thought i read something somewhere, but now that i'm trying to find it actually it doesn't seem that likely. For the best, I reckon!

Btw, slightly off topic, but relating to how i spoiled the ending of Harper's Island for myself: these days, what actually counts as a tv spoiler? Because in huge tv shows keeping major spoilers a secret is becoming more and more a very tricky thing to do.

Like the greatest show ever Dr Who: it was actually publicly announced that
    Spoiler:
    the Tenth Doctor was going to die
    late last year, as well as
    Spoiler:
    his arch nemesis the Master returning to the show
    , and it still won't be another two months before it's revealed how! Would that count as a spoiler, or just anticipation? Bear in mind that the show is probably bigger than bread in the UK, so i've put spoiler tags anyway just in case!

- Melike

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pushing Daisies was such a great show. It was an unfortunate causality of the strike.

Not to mention it's the kind of material main stream America doesn't usually seem to watch. I was happy to see Kristin Chenoweth win an Emmy for her role though.

I already have a bad feeling about V. ABC is not really treating it very well so far. First it doesn't make it onto the Fall schedule and now I hear they are only going to run the first 6 episodes and then it won't air again until MARCH!! At least that is what I think I remember hearing.

Way to kill a show before it even begins ABC.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Pushing Daisies was such a great show. It was an unfortunate causality of the strike.

Not to mention it's the kind of material main stream America doesn't usually seem to watch. I was happy to see Kristin Chenoweth win an Emmy for her role though.

I already have a bad feeling about V. ABC is not really treating it very well so far. First it doesn't make it onto the Fall schedule and now I hear they are only going to run the first 6 episodes and then it won't air again until MARCH!! At least that is what I think I remember hearing.

That's what I heard as well. Supposedly they're going to advertise it as a mini-series so that people won't get upset when it doesn't air for a few months.
    But I completely agree. I don't see the logic behind it. I can't see it lasting beyond what they've already filmed because the station isn't giving it a fair chance. ABC isn't the best when it comes to new original shows. Anyone remember Miracles? I loved that one, but it was really mistreated so it never really had a shot.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

has anyone noticed the influx of paranormal shows lately. there are Ghost hunters, paranormal state, Ghost lab, and a new one i saw a preview for but couldn't remember the name for. just an observation i noticed.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

That's what I heard as well. Supposedly they're going to advertise it as a mini-series so that people won't get upset when it doesn't air for a few months.
    But I completely agree. I don't see the logic behind it. I can't see it lasting beyond what they've already filmed because the station isn't giving it a fair chance.
    i'd read the other day they were intentionally splitting it up this way to "make it more of an event."

like you guys, i fail to see the logic behind that. all they're going to do is get people to like it and then forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xion View Post
    has anyone noticed the influx of paranormal shows lately. there are Ghost hunters, paranormal state, Ghost lab, and a new one i saw a preview for but couldn't remember the name for. just an observation i noticed.
    And don't forget Ghost Adventures, Extreme Paranormal, Ghost Stories, Celebrity Ghost Stories, Psychic Kids. And the list goes on

Honestly I don't mind so much, because I love anything to do with the paranormal. Some of the shows are pretty good, but some I will admit are just ridiculous. Has anyone been watching Extreme Paranormal? That one is just crazy!

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone else watching The Unit?

I wasn't able to watch the series when it was on cable, but now I'm catching up with it on Channel 9 now that it's been syndicated.

It's one of my favorite shows! Mamet is such a great writer.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Xion View Post
    And don't forget Ghost Adventures, Extreme Paranormal, Ghost Stories, Celebrity Ghost Stories, Psychic Kids. And the list goes on

Honestly I don't mind so much, because I love anything to do with the paranormal. Some of the shows are pretty good, but some I will admit are just ridiculous. Has anyone been watching Extreme Paranormal? That one is just crazy!

I like to watch those shows as well. i was just noticing that there were alot of them coming out this season at the same time....can't watch them all as they interfere with my regular tv watching of flash forward and fringe...speaking of fringe they didn't have an episode on last week. was bummed.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Why did the Defying Gravity thread get sent to the clearing?

Well for those still interested in the show the dvd will be released on Jan 19. I found the remaining episodes online since it appears as if ABC has no plans of airing the remaining ones. I haven't finished watching it, I've still got one episode to go. But I don't understand why ABC didn't at least air one more episode. It explains alot of what's going on. We find out what Beta is and what the true mission is.
    Has anyone here finished watching the series?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 188 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast