Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 188 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 ... LastLast

Thread: General Television Discussion

John F. Kennedy strungoutboy21 is on a distinguished road strungoutboy21's Avatar

Haven't read further back, but i'm disapointed one of the few shows I watch regularly, Fringe, is being moved to friday nights. One of the more unique shows out there that needs to stay. They should have left it in its orginal Tuesday time slot. Oh wait, Fox has to make room for it's crappy American Idol. Hopefully they don't kill the show like they do with their other shows.

Other shows I love to watch, Futurama, South Park, Tosh.O...

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Tosh.O absolutely cracks me up.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Has anyone else seen the show Extreme Couponers? These people are nearly as bad as the hoarders.

I'm all for saving money and everything but these people are getting $600 - $1000 worth of groceries at a time. Sure they use coupons and end up bring their totals down to like $5 but who really needs that much food at one time? One woman goes shopping 3 times a week. Another lady had 8 shopping carts full and needed two cars to get all her stuff home. That was after she broke the register because it went over it's limit of items scanned.

We usually go every other week and if we have a few coupons here or there great. But I'm not going to limit my shopping based on what I have coupons for. Plus I hate the fact that so many of them force you to buy 3 and 4 things to save 50 cents when you really only wanted 1 to begin with.

I've noticed recently that some stores have started limiting the number of times you can use the same coupon in one trip. I guess it's to eliminate people like this who come in with 30 of the same coupon and wipe their shelves out of certain products.

Along the Path of the Beam Rice Dancer is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cynical

Most of what I really like isn't on right now: True Blood, Dexter, Breaking Bad

I'm not super into these shows, but they help me with mental downtime: Fringe, V

Sad about this one getting cancelled: Stargate SGU

Comedies I adore: Community, Big Bang Theory

Other than that, I haven't found anything to replace LOST yet.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by strungoutboy21 View Post
    Haven't read further back, but i'm disapointed one of the few shows I watch regularly, Fringe, is being moved to friday nights. One of the more unique shows out there that needs to stay. They should have left it in its orginal Tuesday time slot. Oh wait, Fox has to make room for it's crappy American Idol. Hopefully they don't kill the show like they do with their other shows.
    I don't mind Fringe being moved to Friday nights since it's convenient for me, but FOX moving it to Fridays is not a good sign. The late-night Friday time slots are where shows are sent to die. And on FOX? Definitely not good. I'm hoping that the show still attracts the same amount of viewers regardless of the change, though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I finished season 1, but took a break to do a re-watch of Fringe S2.
    What do you think? Did it get better for you? I hope you continue on and finish it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It did get little bit better, but it still feels a bit soap opera-y. I was thinking it was going to be more Lost-esque in terms of freaky stuff happening all the time.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Funny, I was just watching clips of that last night, and whilst it doesn't look too bad for an American remake (I'm rather surprised it's set in Chicago and not somewhere in the South as what would've been tempting to do), the only thing I don't like hearing about is how much the actors are going on about how "original" it is! Still, if it works in the US, then it can't be too bad.

That reminds me, has anyone heard of Episodes? A new sitcom about how a pair of successful English tv writers get their show Americanised, to the point where the role written for an old, Shakespearian actor is replaced by Matt LeBlanc? It looks ok so far, though I'm really looking forward to seeing more of LeBlanc sending himself up.
    I read somewhere that everyone was trying to push it being set in the South when it was first being pitched, but John Wells fought against it, saying, "We have a comedic tradition of making fun of the people in those worlds. The reality is that these people aren't 'the other' — they're people who live four blocks down from you and two blocks over."

I have to say that William H. Macy is pretty awesome as Frank. I actually like him better than the original.
    Tonight is the American version of Being Human 9pm on scifi. The previews look alright, I just think it's to bad I watched the UK series first, because I'll be judging.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Funny, I was just watching clips of that last night, and whilst it doesn't look too bad for an American remake (I'm rather surprised it's set in Chicago and not somewhere in the South as what would've been tempting to do), the only thing I don't like hearing about is how much the actors are going on about how "original" it is! Still, if it works in the US, then it can't be too bad.

That reminds me, has anyone heard of Episodes? A new sitcom about how a pair of successful English tv writers get their show Americanised, to the point where the role written for an old, Shakespearian actor is replaced by Matt LeBlanc? It looks ok so far, though I'm really looking forward to seeing more of LeBlanc sending himself up.
    I read somewhere that everyone was trying to push it being set in the South when it was first being pitched, but John Wells fought against it, saying, "We have a comedic tradition of making fun of the people in those worlds. The reality is that these people aren't 'the other' — they're people who live four blocks down from you and two blocks over."

I have to say that William H. Macy is pretty awesome as Frank. I actually like him better than the original.
    Tonight is the American version of Being Human 9pm on scifi. The previews look alright, I just think it's to bad I watched the UK series first, because I'll be judging.
    I feel the same way about Being Human. I set it to record on my dvr, but I am not sure how I will feel about it. I have only seen the first season of the original, though. I had a hard time staying interested once the government stuff started happening for some reason.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

there's too many shows that i love. one i just got into that you all should give a try is "The Metalist' i've been downloading season 1 to watch, than delete this episode or that one. so i can watch it. at some point i'm sure i'll buy the seasons but not right now though i LOVE mystery, drama, horror

mostly, sci-fi is good too so in short it various. my favorite tv show of all time is 'Lost in space" actually my 2nd one is "Dark Shadows" the original one. so in short my tastes vary. one that premieres tommrow nite is "White Collar" on USA you all should watch that show if you have the channel & have never seen it before. it's a great show.

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

American version of being human was actually pretty damn good. Of course I am biased. I love Sam Witwer and and Sam Huntington in pretty much anything
    If you love me then love me..

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I still have yet to check it out (American Being Human). Yaksha..love the av/sig combo.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I worked as an extra on this tv movie/pilot this week for a couple of days. After it's wrapped and there's a trailer for it I'll post it. Won't be on tv until this fall.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1727387/

Judging from the scenes I was in it looks funny as hell.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I worked as an extra on this tv movie/pilot this week for a couple of days. After it's wrapped and there's a trailer for it I'll post it. Won't be on tv until this fall.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1727387/

Judging from the scenes I was in it looks funny as hell.
    woohoo another Dallas, Texas show...waiting on the Dallas revamp....lol....

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

To anyone who hasn't watched Dr Who, but loves Neil Gaiman:

Watch tonight's episode, "The Doctor's Wife", that was actually written by the man himself. It is brilliant. It is 100% Who, true, but it's also 100% Gaiman. That was clear to me the moment the Aunt, the Uncle and the House were introduced.

Best of all, it's perfectly standalone. The only thing you need to know about the show is that it's about a madman in a time travelling magic box. That's it.

Anyway, watch it, enjoy it, love it, as it's probably one of the best pieces of telly you'll watch this year.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Standalone, you say? Sounds like this is one I can watch!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That, plus it's written by Gaiman, obviously! Have you read or watched anything by Gaiman before, Ricky? I've checked out relatively little - read Anansi Boys, a couple of Sandman comics, and I watched Coraline - but what I have checked out have all been pretty bloody brilliant, to say the least, and this episode only proves that even more.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

No, I haven't read/watched anything Gaiman-related.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Bloody hell, you need to start working on that! A fantastic writer! Just ask Pond (or better known as alkanto on this board) for a way to watch it if you don't have BBCAmerica.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

We have BBCAmerica, but I never watch it. Although, I DID turn it on for at least a minute when the Dr. Who clip show was on a couple weeks ago.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Neil Gaiman's the man! I love reading his blog.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    We have BBCAmerica, but I never watch it. Although, I DID turn it on for at least a minute when the Dr. Who clip show was on a couple weeks ago.
    Well, I know it's on at 9/8 on that channel in America tonight. Keep an eye for it, then be sure to post your thoughts in the Who thread! You're gonna need to have a new awesome show to be addicted to, after all, and they don't come much better than Who!

- Melike

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That, plus it's written by Gaiman, obviously! Have you read or watched anything by Gaiman before, Ricky? I've checked out relatively little - read Anansi Boys, a couple of Sandman comics, and I watched Coraline -
    I've read a few of the Sandman GNs which I enjoyed. (I got them from the library and largely read them out of order, but at some point I hope to buy them.) As for Gaiman telly, there was a series that was on a while back, Neverwhere. I watched a little bit when it was on, but missed the rest. I picked up the series on video from the library a couple of years back, and it was rather interesting.

I understand Gaiman went on to write a novel based on his story which might be even better. (Part of the reason why he wrote it was before there were certain things that he felt didn't translate to screen well if at all.)

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved Neverwhere its what turned me onto Neil Gaiman. I have the DVD and the book. I highly recomend watching it to anyone that gets a chance

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just watched it again. Dark, funny, beautiful, emotional, sad, joyous, and with one scene so disturbing it may be traumatising to kids: yep, The Doctor's Wife may very well be the best piece of telly this year, full stop! No ifs, no buts: there's gonna be very little from any show to match that piece of perfection!

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 188 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 ... LastLast