Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 140 of 188 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 4692

Thread: General Television Discussion

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Any Veronica Mars fans in the house? I enjoyed the new season on Hulu.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Mindhunter Season 2 is better than the first. I have one episode left but yeah, great show.
    What made the first season so compelling was them going to interview the "serial killers" and taking notes and having fantastic conversations. The second season does this too, but not as much contact with the "killers" they are trying to learn from. I was disappointed we barely saw Kemper as he was a staple of what I loved about season 1. Season 2 was definitely more character driven with their personal lives. I would have liked less time on the Atlanta murders and more of David, Manson, Kemper, or whomever else was around this time line. Overall it was great don't get me wrong, but for what the show was about, season 1 was more of what I would have wanted to have seen.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Mindhunter Season 2 is better than the first. I have one episode left but yeah, great show.
    What made the first season so compelling was them going to interview the "serial killers" and taking notes and having fantastic conversations. The second season does this too, but not as much contact with the "killers" they are trying to learn from. I was disappointed we barely saw Kemper as he was a staple of what I loved about season 1. Season 2 was definitely more character driven with their personal lives. I would have liked less time on the Atlanta murders and more of David, Manson, Kemper, or whomever else was around this time line. Overall it was great don't get me wrong, but for what the show was about, season 1 was more of what I would have wanted to have seen.
    The Atlanta Child killings illustrated so much about what is wrong with the system still to this day. Strangely enough, it was just announced that the cases are going to be reopened because Warren Williams has maintained his innocence since being locked up. He even sends Christmas cards to the parents of the victims every year.
    I found that subplot, the building up of BTK and the subplot of the agent's son to be just as enthralling as the interviews, sometimes even more so. Also, yes, it is more character driven and we delve deeper into problems that society has never really faced or overcome like mental illness stigma (anxiety or panic attacks) misogyny, homophobia and racism. Which are all preconceived notions. Preconceived notions hinder investigations and these characters have to learn to overcome those things to truly get at the heart and mind of a killer. It all comes to bear and I cannot wait for the next season.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...214549147.html
    By the power of Grayskull, Kevin Smith has taken a metaphorical Power Sword to help bring a new animated series based on the He-Man. The Jay and Silent Bob Reboot director surprised fans at Power-Con in Anaheim on Sunday to share the news of his new Netflix anime series Masters of the Universe: Revelation, which will be an original story based on the world of Mattel’s classic ’80s era He-Man toy franchise.

Smith will serve as the executive producer and showrunner of Masters of the Universe: Revelation, a limited series which focuses on the unresolved storylines of the classic series, picking up many of the characters’ journeys where they left off decades ago.

“I’m Eternia-ly grateful to Mattel TV and Netflix for entrusting me with not only the secrets of Grayskull, but also their entire Universe,” said Smith. “In Revelation, we pick up right where the classic era left off to tell an epic tale of what may be the final battle between He-Man and Skeletor! Brought to life with the most metal character designs Powerhouse Animation can contain in the frame, this is the Masters of the Universe story you always wanted to see as a kid!”

The series will be produced by Mattel Television with Rob David, VP of Mattel TV and author of He-Man: the Eternity War, serving as an executive producer on the series. They have also assembled a team of impressive writers that will include Eric Carrasco (Supergirl), Tim Sheridan (Reign of the Supermen), Diya Mishra (Magic the Gathering) and Marc Bernardin (Alphas). Animation for the series is being done by Powerhouse Animation (Castlevania).

Netflix is also home to She-Ra and the Princesses of Power. In the original ’80s series, the titular princess is the sister of He-Man. No word yet on whether or not the two series will crossover. Masters of the Universe: Revelation adds to Netflix’s growing slate of anime content from around the world. This includes Castlevania, Devilman Crybaby, Aggretsuko and Ultraman.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Finished up the third (and final) season of Santa Clarita Diet last night. Ended on a kind of cliffhanger, but the final episode can easily serve as a finale. Such a creative, clever, laugh-out-loud funny show. I'll miss it for sure
    I didn't like the way S3 ended, but I loved the show and wish it hadn't been cancelled.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I was coming to post this....

WATCH THE BOYS!!!
    Only OK for me so far. I loved episode 1, but then episodes 2 and 3 were just OK. I hope it gets better.
    I found it got better and better and that last episode is gold. I am so happy someone made a show like this!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Finally a show with a decent series ending. Thank you, Elementary.
    Agreed; I just caught up and watched it. Satisfying, intriguing, and made me happy I was able to see the entire series run.

For me, everything about Elementary was a nice surprise, throughout its run. Not that I don't watch regular American network TV, but my taste is such that I expect it to over-bland things, and since the character of Sherlock Holmes (as eminently adaptable as it has been for a looooooong time) requires some kind of flair or originality to work, I expected this to fail, but I gave it a shot - and was very well rewarded. The character of Joan Watson was very well done (a nice update, and of course Lucy Liu did a fine job), and Jonny Lee Miller was just outstanding in conveying Sherlock's quirky "inhuman yet all too human" essence.

I suppose that, going into the final season, I'd hoped to see more of

Spoiler:
    London!

...but given how good the season ended up being, it would be silly to complain.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I was coming to post this....

WATCH THE BOYS!!!
    Only OK for me so far. I loved episode 1, but then episodes 2 and 3 were just OK. I hope it gets better.
    I found it got better and better and that last episode is gold. I am so happy someone made a show like this!
    If it follows the comics, we're in for some gruesome stuff for the next season(s).
    BTW if anyone gets one of those promotional Chace Crawford calendars that Amazon put out, I need one immediately, LMAO.

Amazon’s The Boys goes ‘Deep’ with a Chace Crawford Calendar!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

The Atlanta Child killings illustrated so much about what is wrong with the system still to this day. Strangely enough, it was just announced that the cases are going to be reopened because Warren Williams has maintained his innocence since being locked up. He even sends Christmas cards to the parents of the victims every year.
    I found that subplot, the building up of BTK and the subplot of the cop's son to be just as enthralling as the interviews, sometimes even more so. Also, yes, it is more character driven and we delve deeper into problems that society has never really faced or overcome like mental illness stigma (anxiety or panic attacks) misogyny, homophobia and racism. Which are all preconceived notions. Preconceived notions hinder investigations and these characters have to learn to overcome those things to truly get at the heart and mind of a killer. It all comes to bear and I cannot wait for the next season.
    Since Wiliams' arrest and conviction, do you know if the child murders stopped once he was imprisoned?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

The Atlanta Child killings illustrated so much about what is wrong with the system still to this day. Strangely enough, it was just announced that the cases are going to be reopened because Wayne Williams has maintained his innocence since being locked up. He even sends Christmas cards to the parents of the victims every year.
    I found that subplot, the building up of BTK and the subplot of the agent's son to be just as enthralling as the interviews, sometimes even more so. Also, yes, it is more character driven and we delve deeper into problems that society has never really faced or overcome like mental illness stigma (anxiety or panic attacks) misogyny, homophobia and racism. Which are all preconceived notions. Preconceived notions hinder investigations and these characters have to learn to overcome those things to truly get at the heart and mind of a killer. It all comes to bear and I cannot wait for the next season.
    Since Wiliams' arrest and conviction, do you know if the child murders stopped once he was imprisoned?
    I've heard it both ways. I've heard that the specific ways those boys were being killed stopped but then also like it says in the show there was still roughly about ten child killings a year in Atlanta and some suggest that they were swept under the rug. But it really does seem to me that Williams committed at the very least some or most of those killings. But with the cases being reopened, we might get a real surprise. Even if he didn't kill those kids, he is still convicted for killing two adults. I knew about this case beforehand because my sister was around during that time and she told me later on what had been going on. If he didn't kill them, wow, that would be quite a misstep by the FBI. Even though he was never convicted for those child killings, all the big figures at the time assumed he had.

My Mood
    Confused

That's odd Tom. It is like you can't get any proof from anything. It is as if it is a major cover up. Honestly I would not be surprised if it was a cop for how much it was botched up. But Williams still proclaims he is innocent. Reopening the case after all this time is just a political ploy from someone to show "we are doing our do diligence" when in reality they won't find a thing. And if they do, it'll be from a guy that is already dead. You watch.

That's odd Tom. It is like you can't get any proof from anything. It is as if it is a major cover up. Honestly I would not be surprised if it was a cop for how much it was botched up. But Williams still proclaims he is innocent. Reopening the case after all this time is just a political ploy from someone to show "we are doing our do diligence" when in reality they won't find a thing. And if they do, it'll be from a guy that is already dead. You watch.
    It is truly a f*cked up situation. I hope our discussion hasn't spoiled anything for anyone but these cases have been around for decades so I assume most are already somewhat familiar with them.

An adjacent piece of f*cked up history to go along with this whole mess is that while the killings were going on, some radio DJs in Florida played Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust" saying something like "And this is dedicated to the missing/murdered children in Atlanta." Unbelievable!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Finally a show with a decent series ending. Thank you, Elementary.
    Agreed; I just caught up and watched it. Satisfying, intriguing, and made me happy I was able to see the entire series run.

For me, everything about Elementary was a nice surprise, throughout its run. Not that I don't watch regular American network TV, but my taste is such that I expect it to over-bland things, and since the character of Sherlock Holmes (as eminently adaptable as it has been for a looooooong time) requires some kind of flair or originality to work, I expected this to fail, but I gave it a shot - and was very well rewarded. The character of Joan Watson was very well done (a nice update, and of course Lucy Liu did a fine job), and Jonny Lee Miller was just outstanding in conveying Sherlock's quirky "inhuman yet all too human" essence.

I suppose that, going into the final season, I'd hoped to see more of

Spoiler:
    London!

...but given how good the season ended up being, it would be silly to complain.
    I have a ton of respect for anyone who can still stick with procedurals nowadays. I just can't do it.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

It is truly a f*cked up situation. I hope our discussion hasn't spoiled anything for anyone but these cases have been around for decades so I assume most are already somewhat familiar with them.

An adjacent piece of f*cked up history to go along with this whole mess is that while the killings were going on, some radio DJs in Florida played Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust" saying something like "And this is dedicated to the missing/murdered children in Atlanta." Unbelievable!
    Actually you guys have caught my attention. I've been on a bit of a true crime kick lately especially if it involves possible wrongful convictions. I'll have to check it out. Is this a documentary type show or fictionalized?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Actually you guys have caught my attention. I've been on a bit of a true crime kick lately especially if it involves possible wrongful convictions. I'll have to check it out. Is this a documentary type show or fictionalized?
    Mindhunter is an American crime thriller web television series created by Joe Penhall, based on the true crime book Mindhunter: Inside the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit written by John E. Douglas and Mark Olshaker. The series is executive produced by Penhall, David Fincher, and Charlize Theron.

I never read the book, but the show is on the second season and it is right up my alley and fantastic.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

One last thought on Elementary:

I thought it was cool that

Spoiler:
    things were left so that Sherlock's and Joan's work and relationship will continue (including wondering if Moriarty was really dead), even though it won't be there for us to see - the game is still afoot.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

...I hope our discussion hasn't spoiled anything for anyone but these cases have been around for decades so I assume most are already somewhat familiar with them.
    Agggh. I have peripheral knowledge of the BTK murders, but by and large most of the details were still unknown to me. Kinda wish I hadn't read this. Maybe you guys can add spoiler tags?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    One last thought on Elementary:

I thought it was cool that

Spoiler:
    things were left so that Sherlock's and Joan's work and relationship will continue (including wondering if Moriarty was really dead), even though it won't be there for us to see - the game is still afoot.
    Yes, it was a good way for the show to go out. I always enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    ...I hope our discussion hasn't spoiled anything for anyone but these cases have been around for decades so I assume most are already somewhat familiar with them.
    Agggh. I have peripheral knowledge of the BTK murders, but by and large most of the details were still unknown to me. Kinda wish I hadn't read this. Maybe you guys can add spoiler tags?
    Sorry. But I must say we've largely been talking about Wayne Williams (I made a mistake and called him Warren in earlier posts) who is supposedly the Atlanta Child Killer and I do keep forgetting how old I am and maybe younger folks won't know about the ATL Child Killings. Wayne Williams is back in the news because those cases are being reopened. BTK is a totally different guy and is minimally talked about through the second season even though his earliest crimes are kind of the engine that gets them to ask more specific questions of their subjects. His name is Dennis Rader. But I will speak no more of it.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I guess I’m gonna have to get Showtime again, cannot wait!

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone watched the ACT?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Anyone watched the ACT?
    The Act?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 140 of 188 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 ... LastLast