Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 188 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 187 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 4692

Thread: General Television Discussion

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Not for streaming. There's hardly anything on there I like enough to justify the extra dollars. Aside from Kimmy Schmidt, which I can wait for the DVD for.
    There's tons of great documentaries, Indie films and foreign films. I think you'd actually find some gems that you will enjoy.
    What Mike said. So much great content on Netflix.

My to watch list is so massive because of all these shows that I mean to get to but just don't have the time for.
    I download a lot... BUT there is nothing quite like having Netflix... $8 bucks or so a month and I get that much back in entertainment every time. Anyone that does not have it.. is missing out!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Its 8 a month?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I pay in CAN and I think I pay $9.99 and the US pays $7.99.. a month. SO WORTH IT. Keeps your place in shows WHICH I LOVE!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I upgraded to the $11.99 a month, or thereabouts to allow more people to connect at the same time, so my mom and aunt can use the account. The multiple user login thing is perfect for that.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I upgraded to the $11.99 a month, or thereabouts to allow more people to connect at the same time, so my mom and aunt can use the account. The multiple user login thing is perfect for that.
    Sounds like Ricky needs your help
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll probably just to the free streaming trial. I'm really only interested in checking out Stranger Things. If I like it enough, I'll do the same thing next year for Season 2 like I do to get the Amazon Prime free shipping at Christmas.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

All the available slots are used up with family members. It's worth the investment though. I don't subscribe to any cable television service. Basically all I have is an Apple TV box and a Netflix subscription. There's a lot of junk on there but also been a bunch of good stuff too.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I'm getting tired of seeing all these great shows popping up, but only offered through cable, or Showtime, or Netflix, or Amazon, or HBO. It's like you have to purchase EVERY single type of media to watch everything for the people out there that appreciate television. How much can one spend on television especially when personal priorities usually stem to work first.
    This! Ugh. I love having so many show options but the amount of platforms, channels, and devices is ridiculous. And then, like you said, you have to pay for each one separately.

I get the premium channels (HBO, Showtime, etc.) and have Netflix's DVD-by-mail, but that's where I draw the line. I'm not paying for Amazon, Hulu, and all that other stuff.
    In order to watch stuff I want on Hulu, I just get free trials constantly.

It's frustrating, but all the really good stuff is on paid services. Unfortunately, networks are getting left in the dust. They're forced to stick to a tired template that doesn't lend itself to new and original content. The future of "TV" is streaming services. The only thing keeping it from totally destroying cable is live TV. Once that's offered to stream, cable is fucked. This is why you will start seeing the giants like Comcast start to offer paired down streaming services that include live TV soon.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I hope so Mike. You figure cable would significantly drop prices for up to date showings to crush Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc. If it wasn't for sports, cable and satellite would never be a consideration for me. My brother bought be the NHL package online for roughly 100.00. But, when a game I wanted to watch was nationally televised, it wasn't on NHL Live. wtf?!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's frustrating, but all the really good stuff is on paid services. Unfortunately, networks are getting left in the dust.
    As much as I like some networks (I miss the days of NBC's decent comedy blocks), they almost deserve getting left in the dust. They greenlight spin-offs, reboots, and resuscitations of old shows instead of putting effort into original shows that don't involve angsty doctors, cops, firemen, or crime scene investigators. Pair that with cancelling shows left and right without giving them a fair shot to find their stride/demographic, and they deserve what's coming to them.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's frustrating, but all the really good stuff is on paid services. Unfortunately, networks are getting left in the dust.
    As much as I like some networks (I miss the days of NBC's decent comedy blocks), they almost deserve getting left in the dust. They greenlight spin-offs, reboots, and resuscitations of old shows instead of putting effort into original shows that don't involve angsty doctors, cops, firemen, or crime scene investigators. Pair that with cancelling shows left and right without giving them a fair shot to find their stride/demographic, and they deserve what's coming to them.
    Agreed, that being said, there's still some good comedy blocks on TV. They just aren't on NBC. ABC has some strong comedies: Fresh off the Boat, Modern Family, Goldbergs and The Middle. The Middle is one of my favorite comedies, but it never gets attention. FOX has some good stuff. Brooklyn 99, Last Man on Earth and New Girl, which is hit or miss.

Honestly, sitcoms are the strongest thing networks are still producing.

Country
    Country Flag

Modern Family, Goldbergs and The Middle. The Middle is one of my favorite comedies, but it never gets attention.
    My favorites! And you're right, The Middle never gets any attention.

I like Modern Family too, but it hasn't been as good (fresh, I guess) as it was when I first started watching.

I watched New Girl up until a few episodes into last season. I just wasn't laughing.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Modern Family, Goldbergs and The Middle. The Middle is one of my favorite comedies, but it never gets attention.
    My favorites! And you're right, The Middle never gets any attention.

I like Modern Family too, but it hasn't been as good (fresh, I guess) as it was when I first started watching.

I watched New Girl up until a few episodes into last season. I just wasn't laughing.
    You're right about Modern Family. It's still good, but it's not as fresh. That's a perfect way of putting it. Yeah, New Girl is really up and down for me. I watch for Schmidt.

Country
    Country Flag

Narcos is so well done. Season 2 is NOT disappointing!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Good to hear -- I enjoyed the first season, and it's next on my queue

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    REALLY well done. Rumor on line is that El Chapo will be the main baddie starting for season 3 TOO!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Ironically, though, while the networks have lost key demographics increasingly, some rate quite well on a large population of certain older viewers, who happen to still be asking for more angsty doctors, cops, and stuff.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I cannot find the time to get to the last 3 episodes Bev and it is killing me. IT IS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I watched that whole series about a month ago. I won't say anything about what I thought of it it until you're done.
    Ready to talk about Marcella when you are. I just finished.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

You wanna go first? What are your thoughts on it...

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I realized I should probably just go ahead and share my thought since I said I'd wait for you to get done with it before I said anything. Here you go.

Spoiler:
    I was really enjoying this up to a point. It sort of lost me about halfway through. I felt it would have been more effective if they continued to explore the original suspicions that is was Marcela herself who committed the murders. The idea of her having some sort of break from reality and not being able to remember what she did, was more interesting to me. After some time I got bored with the direction they took it in.

I did like the overall pace of the show where more attention is paid to dialogue and story as opposed to action sequences; which you see a lot in British shows. Tension is built in a very subtle way as opposed to their US counterparts. I thought the actors did a good job.

I'd give it a 6/10.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Ironically, though, while the networks have lost key demographics increasingly, some rate quite well on a large population of certain older viewers, who happen to still be asking for more angsty doctors, cops, and stuff.
    You are certainly correct about this. That's all my dad watches. I honestly don't see the appeal of Chicago Fire etc.

Country
    Country Flag

I guess it's comforting, to a degree, to know exactly what you're in for with each show about police, firefighters, doctors, hospitals, etc. I do that with comedies that've been off the air for years (Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens, etc.)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

True, but 22 episodes a year of the same stuff is tiresome after a while.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 188 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 187 ... LastLast