Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 188 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Thread: General Television Discussion

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
    Just started watching a show called No Ordinary Family. It is about a family that somehow get superpowers after a plane crash in Brazil. from what I have seen looks like it could be a good series. It's kinda on the lines of The Incredibles.
    sounds interesting, i shall have to watch out for that over here

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

FYI : Announced today ... The Event got picked-up for a full season of shows.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

YAY! Also picked up were "Outsourced" (YAY again!) and one of those Law & Order shows.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    For Season 2, Pam? I haven't heard this, but if it's true, awesome!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post

No. Not season two... but for a complete season one.

As far as I know, the original agreement was for only 6 episodes, now they've been picked up for a complete season.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

As far as I know, the original agreement was for only 6 episodes, now they've been picked up for a complete season.
    I need to go back and catch up on this one. Are you still enjoying it Ricky?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why thank you, Pamela.

Yeah, originally 6 episodes. Nice to know that we'll be getting a full season though! Not like Happy Town. *cough, cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Jane Hudson View Post
    I need to go back and catch up on this one. Are you still enjoying it Ricky?
    I am, very much. I'm really interested to see how everything ties together.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Shit, I forgot the Event was on tonight! Ah well, I can catch a repeat.

Oh, and for fans of really, really good (but really short) television, the first 90-minute movie of the BBC series Sherlock is on PBS Masterpiece on Sunday. Only 3 eps, but they were all so phenemonelly good, it's forgiven. 3rd ep the Great Game did for Shelock Holmes what the Dark Knight did for Batman. Watch it, if you can!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

So you guys have The Event now? Let me know what you think!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Why thank you, Pamela.

Yeah, originally 6 episodes. Nice to know that we'll be getting a full season though! Not like Happy Town. *cough, cough*

I really really liked Happy Town. It makes me sad to think about what a short run it had. It felt like they didn't even give it a chance. It seemed like one of those shows that needed a while to get things set up first.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. Unfortunately the majority of audiences want immediate gratification.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Which is also the bane of Joss Whedon's existence.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

[delayed response]

Yay! Heather is watching The Office. I love that show.
    And yes, Dwight is hilarious. But Michael has the best one liners, I think. He's such a freaking idiot.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

So you guys have The Event now? Let me know what you think!
    This is on my skyplus planner, would you recomend it then?

And thank heavens its been picked up for a full season, there is nothing worse than a series not finishing (well there is, but i was using dramatic licence there)

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post

Why thank you, Pamela.

I really really liked Happy Town. It makes me sad to think about what a short run it had. It felt like they didn't even give it a chance. It seemed like one of those shows that needed a while to get things set up first.
    I have not seen this one yet, i shall watch out for happy town too

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Which is also the bane of Joss Whedon's existence.
    I thought that was a word processor.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Apparently, hit teen British show Skins has been adapted for the American audience.

I've just watched a trailer. "Adapted"? It looks exactly the same! Now, I can understand why some British shows would need to be adapted to better suit the US market (whatever my views are on the Office remake, it has to be said that it's one of the few adaptations that has not only worked but worked very well, and it is the better sitcom, just not a better mockumentary), but what I don't understand is the need for US tv studios to just shoot the original word for word but with Americans. Why? Seriously, why?

Now Skins is hardly a classic, but I liked the first 2 series at least. I just do not see the point in telling the exact same story twice. At all. Thank god the only Americanisation of Doctor Who still had the Doctor British. God knows what an American Doctor would've been like! (I heard that Fox wanted Jim Carrey to play the role of the 8th Doctor! Fucking hell, I can't even be bothered to roll my eyes at that one!)

- Melike

My Mood
    Gay

I wish the US would stop adapting hit UK shows. I mean, they're more MISS than hit with those. Yep, the Office is good but does anyone remember Couples? Or our take on any of the others, which I can't even remember the name of .... I can't see any network station giving Skins it's due ... HBO or Showtime, maybe, but broadcast? No way, it'll lose it's edge.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It's MTV that's adapting Skins. 'Nuff said.

And I've avoided the US version of Coupling like the plague. No one can play Jeff Murdoch better than Richard Coyle. No one.

And other US remakes that have only been classic examples of FAIL! include:
    Red Dwarf
    As If (really? I loved the original to bits! Who'd wanna try and remake that?!?)
    Blackpool/Viva Laughlin! (again, really?)
    Cracker/Fitz (you do not replace big, Scottish bastard Robbie Coltrane with an american. It's just not done!)
    The IT Crowd

I'm just gonna stop, I can't be bothered any more. Here's a list of all US remakes of UK classics, anyway:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...evision_series

The only other US remake I can think of that was actually successful was Sanford & Son. Come on, admit it: how many of you knew that was actually a remake of a British show?

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Candy, I would definitely recommend The Event. I think you'd really enjoy it. Same for Happy Town.

Pam, your post reminds me of 30 Rock when Wesley is talking about Chums, the UK counterpart to Friends.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Did you know that actually existed, Jigsaw?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuN1QqzWiA0"]YouTube - First ever Chums- Sept 11th 1999[/ame]

Ah, god bless ol' Saturday morning entertainment! Classic part of my childhood, that! Live and terribly acted = brilliant!

Also, Wesley was brilliant! "Your name is Wesley Snipes? That's insane!" "No! You know what's insane? Having an african-american actor with that name! If you had a photo of each of us and asked which of us was called Wesley, you'd pick the pale white Englishman every time!"

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

That's so funny! I had no idea that it was a real show!

So that's where Ant and Dec are from...
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

You've heard of Ant and Dec before?

This wasn't what they did first, btw. First they appeared on children's drama Biker Grove back in the early 90s when they were teenagers (which they once took the piss out of years later in SMTV Live), and now they're known as the ultimate in British entertainers/presenters. And my God, I love how bad this is! "Wait a minute!" "A minute? Don't you think this sketch is long enough already?"

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Yup, I've heard of them, I just never knew how they got to be famous. Now I know. They did a show over here some years ago, but I can't remember what it's called for the life of me.

EDIT: It was called "Wanna Bet?"
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fur-nan-doh View Post
    [delayed response]

Yay! Heather is watching The Office. I love that show.
    And yes, Dwight is hilarious. But Michael has the best one liners, I think. He's such a freaking idiot.
    Yes he definitely does I don't think I could ever function with a boss like that! And I love Jim's facial expressions, and how he always plays with Michael, and somehow he never even realizes it
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Heather, have you seen the Deposition episode yet?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 188 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast