Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 188 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I may have to consider actually getting prime for a year to check this out.

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I may have to consider actually getting prime for a year to check this out.

Loved the movie, so I'm not so sure how excited I am about this.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

They are doing a screening of one of the episodes in Rockford at a theater that was actually open when the real Peaches played. Kinda cool. Too bad I'll be out of town that day.

https://www.rrstar.com/story/news/20...rd/7700720001/
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone likes tense, slow burner spy-thrillers, Jeff Bridges/Jon Lithgow - or all of the above - check out The Old Man on Hulu. I checked out that first episode, it can almost pass off a small movie.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just throwing this out there, but I recently re-discovered the show "Rescue Me" which, IMHO was a great show!! It's an older show but still stands up these days IMHO. If you're looking for something to binge when there is nothing new available give it a try. FDNY post 9/11 and hysterical at times!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    If anyone likes tense, slow burner spy-thrillers, Jeff Bridges/Jon Lithgow - or all of the above - check out The Old Man on Hulu. I checked out that first episode, it can almost pass off a small movie.
    Loving this show as well, Ferny!!! pleasant surprise indeed!!!

Edit: Its also available thru Directv/AMC channel
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Shocked to see a cable network to have a show if this caliber. First episode was amazing. Second episode was like a slow build-up but still set the plate as to what is coming. Third episode had a major reveal which I am surprised so early in the show. But, it was great to see what is going on with the characters. So far, it is a shockingly very good show.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I enjoyed the first season of The Boys so much I read the whole comic book series. Several of the changes made to the show I don't agree with and I won't go into too much detail on that. However, Season 3, the most recent episode with Homelander fighting Soldier Boy, was one of the best episodes I have seen yet in the show. Regardless of the changes from the original source material, this is a very good show right up someone's alley with gratuitous violence and vulgar humor.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

THE OLD MAN is really good. The fight scene in the first episode is legendary.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Just throwing this out there, but I recently re-discovered the show "Rescue Me" which, IMHO was a great show!! It's an older show but still stands up these days IMHO. If you're looking for something to binge when there is nothing new available give it a try. FDNY post 9/11 and hysterical at times!!!
    Loved Rescue Me so much in the beginning. Toward the end though the show just seemed to revolve around Tommy's magic dick.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone checked out "Night Sky"? It's got a "Big Front Yard" theme with a twist. Pretty entertaining. It's on Amazon.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FX has renewed The Old Man series for a second season.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How many eps. is the first season going to be? I watched the second last night and am really enjoying it. It feels very Homeland-y.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

It appears there will be seven episodes.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished the most recent season of Peaky Blinders. Not sure why more people aren't all over this one. Loved it. Strong men, strong women, dialog that just can't be beat - and
    Spoiler:
    Tom Hardy
    just steals every scene he is in. Can't wait for the movie that will end it all in two years.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Just finished the most recent season of Peaky Blinders. Not sure why more people aren't all over this one. Loved it. Strong men, strong women, dialog that just can't be beat - and
    Spoiler:
    Tom Hardy
    just steals every scene he is in. Can't wait for the movie that will end it all in two years.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been watching Dark Winds and GRR Martin is listed as an executive producer. Well, nice to know he is doing something. I guess these days he'll do anything but actually write.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Tom Hardy
    Somehow I missed season 5, so I had to watch that first. I'm halfway through the new season.

I love this show! He's always got a strategy. I don't know how authentic the show is to the time period but it feels very genuine.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Spoiler:
    Tom Hardy
    Somehow I missed season 5, so I had to watch that first. I'm halfway through the new season.

I love this show! He's always got a strategy. I don't know how authentic the show is to the time period but it feels very genuine.
    My understanding is that things are pretty accurate, especially with Oswald Mosley. The new antagonist, Jack Nelson, is based in part on JFK's father Joseph Kennedy Sr.

This season has one of the best finales - you're gonna love it!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I've made it my summer mission to work through as many of the TV shows I've not yet gotten around to, while also rewatching Star Trek: Deep Space Nine in between.

So far I watched both The Haunting of Hill House and The Haunting of Bly Manor. Hill House obviously greatly benefits from the editing and directorial services of Mike Flanagan in every episode, while he only helmed the first episode of Bly Manor. While I think Bly Manor functions better as an adaptation, with a nice slow burn in well-created Gothic styling, Hill House told a more effective character drama. Hill House relied more on jump scares and some spooky stuff that I don't think was needed...a bit too many visions and hallucinations by the characters that took away from the character stuff. Bly Manor was a more reserved horror, which I appreciated. So while Bly Manor was a better horror story, Hill House was a more effective drama.

I also watched the first two seasons of The Crown. Both seasons were very good...Season 2 especially. I found Season 2 functioned best with the episodes being mostly self-contained with few elaborate plots that stretched out over the season, which I really liked. It made the episodes feel more important and more satisfying as single watches, and there was a lot less melodrama in Season 2 then there was in Season 1, which plotlines stretched out for the entire season. Matt Smith as Prince Philip is probably the best part of the first two seasons. He's really, really good. Claire Foy is also good, and the supporting cast of Lithgow, Northam, Kirby, and others really add a lot to series. I'm both excited to be getting to see the new cast, but I'll also be sad that all these actors are gone...especailly Matthew Goode is only just showed up and he's already getting recast.

I watched the first season of Fargo. It was really damn good. From the previews back in day I thought it was more of a straight up, stretched out remake of the film Fargo, but it really wasn't at all. There are a few similar details to the film, but it is buy and large its own story, which I really appreciated. A bit deterrent to me watching it, especially after hearing how good Season 2 is, was that the first season would be just a longer version of the film. I'm glad to be wrong. Billy Bob Thornton is absolutely amazing in this season...he somehow manages to be funny, charming, and terrifying simultaneously, and his utter lack of apprehension is what makes him such a compelling character. Martin Freeman as Lester is also another great performance. I love characters like Lester, characters who are timid and weak until they have nothing to lose and they suddenly find themselves capable of literally anything in self-preservation. What interesting about Fargo is both Billy Bob and Freeman play the heroes and the villains and you kind of root for them both yet also want to see both get what's coming to them. I also haven't been able to stop saying "oh Jeez" for about two weeks now.

Before I go back to those other shows I decided to prowl through HBO on demand since I know there's stuff here I still haven't seen. I'm a few episodes into The Wire now. I like it so far, but I'm also not hooked into yet. I wasn't quite expecting such a massive cast of characters and it's pretty overwhelming and it seems like there won't be a more cohesive direction to everything until closer to the end of the season. So far it feels like juggling 15 plots at once. And that might just be how this show is constructed and it just might take me the whole first season to get spend enough time with these characters to get into that kind of narrative structure.

I'm also watching VEEP, which i've heard a lot of good things about. I've only watched the pilot so far and like most comedy pilots, it was just okay. I know most comedies it usually takes a good dozen episodes for the characters and relationships to develop enough where things become funny because you understand the characters and the relationship dynamics.

Also on the docket for the rest of the summer besides more of what was listed above:

Watch Season 4 of In Treatment
    Watch Station Eleven
    Watch Midnight Mass
    Watch Seasons 8+ of Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Catch up on Fear The Walking Dead (Season 6 on) and The World Beyond

And then it's a matter of choosing one of these shows to get invested in likely through the fall: Game of Thrones, Oz, or Deadwood. There's also a few HBO shows I don't really know anything about I added to my queue: The Larry Sanders Show, Stephen King's The Outsider, and Mr. Show With Bob and David.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope you stick The Wire out - I still feel it's the best tv show ever. Sprawling in its cast and story lines, yes, but well worth the investment.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Sounds like you’ll have a fantastic summer, Matt. Some of those I’ve seen, some I have yet to get to.

I also delayed watching Fargo for a long time, and finally watched the first three seasons last year. The second and third seasons are also really damn good. I think you’ll enjoy them.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 188 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 ... LastLast