Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 173 of 188 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 4692

Thread: General Television Discussion

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Gangs of London
    I'm not going to say it is amazing or anything like that, but it isn't bad. It's a Cinemax show I believe. I feel it had the over the top, unrealistic, everyone losing too much blood and surviving approach, like Banshee. Banshee for me was much better, but it had that type of vibe. No idea if there will be a second season, but GoL isn't bad.
    GoL WILL have a 2nd season. I really liked that show, mainly because it is by Gareth Evans who is a talented director (see his films the Raid & the Raid 2 for over the top martial arts action). I also like mafia stories lol. More than the subject matter of his films i really enjoy some of the innovative shot selection and filmmaking techniques he uses. I just really feel like he is on the cutting edge and am glad he's getting an opportunity to make a larger project

Banshee I have been having problems getting into, I mean I don't dislike it, but it just hasn't quite grabbed me yet. I've been watching it on HBO max and am currently mid season 1. I am goign to follow through with watching the series but its the kind of thing I watch when I am caught up on all the other shows I'm really excited about.
    Gangs of London is the shit! Gareth Evans is the man!

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Finally started Midnight Mass last night, 1.5 episodes in. So far so good. Man does Mike Flanagan have an eye for visuals.
    I'm enjoying Midnight Mass, but it's a show you better watch when you aren't tired. There are some legit slow episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Yellowjackets. It’s hands down my new fav show. This is a mystery you can really sink your teeth into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I really enjoyed the pilot. Looking forward to seeing where things go. Concerned about the longevity of a story like this.
    Second episode is wayyyyy better. Really upped the ante

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Finally started Midnight Mass last night, 1.5 episodes in. So far so good. Man does Mike Flanagan have an eye for visuals.
    I have this at the top of my list, after finishing a couple of other things. I've generally liked Flanagan's work in the past, and this is supposed to be among his best work. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you are done.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Love Midnight Mass myself.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Loved Midnight Mass.

Just signed up for a Showtime subscription so I could watch the new Dexter. Yellowjackets is on my Rader. It'll probably be the next series I start. Might wait until more episodes are out before I start it though.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm two episodes into Dexter: New Blood and can't quite decide how I feel about it yet.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I'm two episodes into Dexter: New Blood and can't quite decide how I feel about it yet.
    The original creator that worked on the first 4 seasons, the best seasons, is working on season 9. I never was a big fan of Deb, but from what I gather, Dexter is not himself which is why he talks to Deb and not his father. I think it would be great if Dexter moves full circle and loses Deb for his father, circling back to who he really is. It would be nice to see this go another season or two maximum, but this might be a one and done scenario. I like how Dexter is making mistakes and relearning who he was. We will see where the season goes, but so far so good for me.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Wheel of Time
    I have yet to delve into all 13 books, that is a lot of books, but I do enjoy reading the story so far. It is quite detailed and moves a bit slow at times, but I like the first book so far. As for the show, I'm mixed on it because some of the characters casted I see from the books, and others I do not. The show is moving too quickly in my opinion, and making major changes I don't feel is the right approach with such detailed source material. Why do that? So far so meh. Some good and some bad for me.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Wheel of Time
    I have yet to delve into all 13 books, that is a lot of books, but I do enjoy reading the story so far. It is quite detailed and moves a bit slow at times, but I like the first book so far. As for the show, I'm mixed on it because some of the characters casted I see from the books, and others I do not. The show is moving too quickly in my opinion, and making major changes I don't feel is the right approach with such detailed source material. Why do that? So far so meh. Some good and some bad for me.
    Each book is several hundred pages too!

I read the series as it came out. I'm sure I'll be disappointing in the TV show since it will lack all nuance.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I've seen the first 3. Really enjoying them so far. Since I hated the later seasons I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy the comeback or not, but so far I am. It probably also helps that a lot of it was filmed nearby me so I always enjoy that.

My Mood
    Confused

Chucky
    Just finished the TV series. Not bad, not great. I feel if you like the movies then the show would be something you could gravitate to.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed Chucky (despite a few too many cliffhangers at the end). The show looked beautiful and Chucky's puppeteering has never been better. I would've liked more time with the legacy characters, though. My Ending Explained article will be up on Collider shortly.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Confused

I really enjoyed Chucky (despite a few too many cliffhangers at the end). The show looked beautiful and Chucky's puppeteering has never been better. I would've liked more time with the legacy characters, though. My Ending Explained article will be up on Collider shortly.
    Ending got too diluted with too many dolls but overall not bad. Yes I really liked the puppeteering and it was nice to see something like that over all this CGI. I think there were 6 puppeteers?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Wheel of Time
    Each book is several hundred pages too!

I read the series as it came out. I'm sure I'll be disappointing in the TV show since it will lack all nuance.
    I watched four episodes.

I liked it.

It lacks a bit in depth but it's hitting most of the high points.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Ending got too diluted with too many dolls but overall not bad.
    I agree, especially since it did kind of the same thing in Cult of Chucky. So it kind of lost the impact for me.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Confused

Dopesick on Hulu
    Michael Keaton and Rosario Dawson are the big names. About the whole Oxy epidemic. A very good show that everyone should see on what a monster Big Pharm is.

Country
    Country Flag

Jennifer Tilly re-tweeted my Chucky Ending Explained article. If you need me, I'll be in the corner hyperventilating.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Jennifer Tilly re-tweeted my Chucky Ending Explained article. If you need me, I'll be in the corner hyperventilating.
    That's awesome Ricky!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

She has one damn sexy voice!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'll be in the corner googling for gifs of Jennifer Tilly hyperventilating.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Dexter: New Blood. I’m enjoying it.

A solid continuation without being a reboot or nostalgia-fest. Some of the characters are a little shallow but the primaries put in good performances and the writing is above average. It will be interesting to see if they choose to continue or if they end it here. I’d be happy either way.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed when
    Spoiler:
    Batista
    showed up last week. I really hope we see
    Spoiler:
    him
    again.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed when
    Spoiler:
    Batista
    Spoiler:
    him
    again.
    ME TOO.

I also am liking it. I wish Deb wasn't in this though yelling all the time. Its the worst part of the show. I would like it if he was figured out as the Bay Harbour Butcher and they did another season where its him on the run.. that be fun.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I really enjoyed when
    Spoiler:
    Batista
    Spoiler:
    him
    again.
    ME TOO.

I also am liking it. I wish Deb wasn't in this though yelling all the time. Its the worst part of the show. I would like it if he was figured out as the Bay Harbour Butcher and they did another season where its him on the run.. that be fun.
    Dexter isn't himself. I feel that is shown with Deb as his dark passenger. What would be great to see, is her disappearing and his father taking over, which would mean Dexter is now whole. And I would like to see Harrison "disappear."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 173 of 188 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 ... LastLast