Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 168 of 188 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Looking forward to this Sopranos prequel, where a young Tony is played by Gandolfini's son. Looks good.

I am oddly as well BUT I am not a fan of prequels. I really don't have much love with them. Now I LOVE when stories are told of the past (A LA Lost) in the present. My issue is... we know the ending. There is no surprise as we know how it all ends. Hollywood just does it cause its a work around. I kind of wish they wouldn't.... just a thought BUT I am looking forward to this. I cannot lie.
    Prequels themselves don't bother me, in fact I often love them. Much of Godfather II is a prequel. The key for me is the writing, it's always comes down to the writing. David Chase inhabited this world once already, so I gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. And when you get down to it, what do we really know? Based on the ending of the original we don't know anything concretely.
    I am interested as I loved the Sopranos. And I love love love when a story is set today yet shows some or a lot of the past to tell the story. I love that. Let’s see what happens! I’ll be watching
    Yes, I'm very much looking forward to this as well. It has the potential to be as good or maybe even better than the original.

On another "Crime Drama" note, has anyone checked out, "Mr. In Between" on FX. I didn't see it mentioned in any of the recent posts. It is a really good, Australian gangster show, 30 mins an episode on FX. It is surprisingly good. Think along the lines of "Breaking Bad". The main character is pretty much a "Wiseguy' in Australia and it plays very well. I believe you'll enjopy it. 3 seasons so far.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Prequels don't bother me i don't hate them and they can work if they are done right and the right people are involved Godfather 2 (1974) as it's been said is a good example, honestly part 2 just has shit from the book that was cut from the 1st film if i my memory is correct. now 9 times out of 10 we don't need a prequel at all and whenever they do a movie and sequels are involved take the Tremors series for example they did 3 of them and the 4th one is the prequel my question is uh Why?

it was a film no one asked for at all. it was a decent film but that's about it it was fucking Citizen kane (1941) compared to part 5 though holy shit was that one awful and i haven't seen other ones after that though. now if they did make a Wizard and Glass film that one i'd pay to go and see if the right people were involved to make it. that one would be a prequel that i'd love to see on film

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

YESSSSS! Teaser trailer for Succession S3, the best show currently on television!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    YESSSSS! Teaser trailer for Succession S3, the best show currently on television!

Is it that good? We passed it many a time… worth a watch? Like keeps ya watching… I heard it was boring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's freaking brilliant television. It skyrocketed to my top 10, maybe top 5 tv dramas of all time. Having said that, I don't think you'll enjoy it... it's not violent or action oriented at all. It's about the power struggle among a very wealthy, very powerful, very dysfunctional family and the way they cross and double cross each other with smiles on their faces in their efforts to reach the top.

Give it a go... if you watch 1 or 2 episodes and don't like it, you probably won't like the rest of the series.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know about it being the "Best" show on TV but, I enjoy the shit out of it and S3 is welcome news indeed!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Succession is great. Fuck off!
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's freaking brilliant television. It skyrocketed to my top 10, maybe top 5 tv dramas of all time. Having said that, I don't think you'll enjoy it... it's not violent or action oriented at all. It's about the power struggle among a very wealthy, very powerful, very dysfunctional family and the way they cross and double cross each other with smiles on their faces in their efforts to reach the top.

Give it a go... if you watch 1 or 2 episodes and don't like it, you probably won't like the rest of the series.
    Violent or action? Huh? You obviously don’t know what I like. Lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit. That's some high praise. You might be doing what I do after I watch a movie!
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Succession is one of my favorite shows on television. I have to see it play out over a few more seasons to truly rank it against the likes of The Wire, Breaking Bad, and Line of Duty. For those who to watch it - here is one of my favorite scenes. I could not stop laughing. I don't recommend watching this clip unless you watch the show. Context is everything here. Can't wait to tune in this fall.

Kendall's rap...

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Succession = one of the best shows on TV
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Country
    Country Flag

Starting Succession after I finish Long Road Home (great way series). What platform is it on guys?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Starting Succession after I finish Long Road Home (great way series). What platform is it on guys?
    Starz or Showtime. Actually, Showtime I believe. I wouldn't compare it to the likes of BB and The Wire. To me it's in a category of it's own as far as genre goes. Not really a "Crime Drama" IMHO. Nevertheless, a great show!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Starz or Showtime. Actually, Showtime I believe. I wouldn't compare it to the likes of BB and The Wire. To me it's in a category of it's own as far as genre goes. Not really a "Crime Drama" IMHO. Nevertheless, a great show!!
    Thanks Bill! I’m giving it a shot. Might as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It's another HBO show.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Shiv.

Yep.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is this a t-shirt worthy show? It sounds dumb, but is a show truly great if you don't want to wear a t-shirt of it?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Is this a t-shirt worthy show? It sounds dumb, but is a show truly great if you don't want to wear a t-shirt of it?
    So true!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's another HBO show.
    Sorry, yes its HBO. They do seem to always crank out great TV.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I have an Expanse t-shirt, black with white lettering, lol. It's a pretty cool looking shirt.
    Succession shirt? I really like the show a lot.
    I'm catching up on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. When done, I'm moving to a re-watch of Succession.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

It's another HBO show.
    Sorry, yes its HBO. They do seem to always crank out great TV.
    They constantly are putting out great shows. They know what they are doing. They did the Chernobyl series right?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, they did. Kris, I also feel I should mention another show, which is on Showtime, called, "Billions". May even be better than, "Sucession". Kind of in the same vein but with a little more crime involved.

Basic premise is a Prosecutor vs. an Entrepenur. Think, Guiliani vs. trump, I suppose. It's very, very good and I alomost guaranty you'll enjoy it as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Think, Guiliani vs. trump.
    I thought they were in cahoots
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Think, Guiliani vs. trump.
    I thought they were in cahoots
    Naw. I think Guilani is in NY and Trump is in Fl.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 168 of 188 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 ... LastLast