Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: A request from an old friend

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Default A request from an old friend

Hello All

It's been a while since I sent a message to the larger King community, and don't worry, this isn't a big request, but the fulfilment of a promise to an old friend.

This friend - Marie - will soon be walking the not-so-nice bits of the Great Wall of China to raise money for a local Cancer Hospice. At first, I just dutifully gave her my donation, but over the past months I've come to realise that not only will this trek be far removed from a walking holiday, it will be gruelling at times.

So, I've donated a signed King book, which she's now listed on Ebay.

Click Here to take a look

Yes, it's a book club edition, but it IS an unusual volume to find signed. And ultimately, it's a genuine signature. Please do take a look - it's a very good cause.

For those of you interested in knowing more about Marie's quest, Click Here

Thanks for reading
    Thanks for looking
    and, for those of you who do
    Thanks for bidding

Ceri
    Calla Wolf

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's for a most worthy cause, Ceri. I set the ball rolling with a bid.

My Mood
    Buzzed

Thanks Clacke
    Calla Wolf

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too!

My Mood
    Buzzed

Oh man, I KNEW this was a good plan
    Calla Wolf

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good cause, so I bid as well... and I don't even care for this story.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Top Bidder!!!!!

Get bidding you lolly-gaggers!!!!

LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Buzzed

It's not often I find myself all speechless and sentimental, but this place and you guys never cease to amaze me. Thanks for your generosity so far. It's truly appreciated and, as Patrick says..... Good Cause
    Calla Wolf

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Ceri, I'd like to place a bid but eBay won't let me - The Netherlands aren't included in the shipping destinations. Could you ask your friend Marie to change the settings of the listing?

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Ceri, I'd like to place a bid but eBay won't let me - The Netherlands aren't included in the shipping destinations. Could you ask your friend Marie to change the settings of the listing?
    Hi Michaël

I put together the auction on her account, so I've just added The Netherlands But (and this was another example of Ebay's bizarre systems) the only way I could add other countries was to add them with a different shipping cost. So shipping to The Netherlands (and anywhere else not listed in the original auction) is £13 instead of £12. But don't worry, we can adjust that at the end. Important thing is, should work now
    Calla Wolf

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks a lot!

*edit: it took me two bids but I'm in the lead now. Probably not for long, but...

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    it took me two bids but I'm in the lead now. Probably not for long, but...
    All of ten minutes by the look of it...
    Calla Wolf

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Buzzed

I hope you'll forgive this gentle bump

I want to thank everyone who's bid so far - particularly Garrell, our current highest bidder. With 4 days to go, the total is wonderfully respectable

But I'm sure there's someone out there just itching to both own Sai King's signature AND do their bit for a good cause at the same time.....

Calla Wolf

My Mood
    Buzzed

Almost forgot - here's a direct link to the specific Cancer Care Hospice this auction is supporting

Thanks folks. I'll bump one more time as the auction draws to a conclusion

http://www.mariecurie.org.uk/en-gb/n...pices/penarth/
    Calla Wolf

My Mood
    Buzzed

Hi Guys. 16 hours to go - one last bump

Bless you, and thanks

Ceri

My Mood
    Buzzed

I want to thank everyone who placed a bid, but especially Garrell. I genuinely appreciate all your help...and Marie's absolutely delighted.
    Calla Wolf

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is great to hear.