Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 566 of 567 FirstFirst ... 66 466 516 556 564 565 566 567 LastLast
Results 14,126 to 14,150 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot HP Spencer View Post
    Hi all. Thoughts on this signature? Thumbs up, thumbs down?

100% real
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot HP Spencer View Post
    Hi all. Thoughts on this signature? Thumbs up, thumbs down?

100% real
    Thank you.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was gifted 3 of the limited edition Glenn Chadbourne covers - freaking amazing! Any insight to the gold foil seal on two of them? Previous owner preference?

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi, I am reading "Chart of Darkness" by Kevin Quigley which details Kings history on the bestseller list.

On page 91 he is discusing Bag of Bones and Storm of the Century. He writes (if this is a copyright infingement, let me know):

"Whatever the reasons, the trade paperback edition stormed onto the paperback charts on February 21st at #15 (a limited hardcover, published exclusively through the Book of the Month Club Press, was not distributed widely enough to hit the charts)."

(emphasis is mine)

I don't see anything on this site about it. The statement is a little vague whether he is talking about SotC or BoB, but I believe it to be SotC. So far in general the book hasn't discussed limited or BotMC editons much. Does anyone know any info on this edition? Is it considered collectible? Not sure if the use of the word "limited" is to reflected a "limited edition" or just a low print run standard book.

Perhaps he is just trying to point out that the only hardcover version of SotC was by BotMC and its print run was too small to hit the charts?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would say it's probably a limited print run (meaning low print run as you said), but nothing more about it.
    Not like a signed limited edition or anything like this
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Hi, I am reading "Chart of Darkness" by Kevin Quigley which details Kings history on the bestseller list.

On page 91 he is discusing Bag of Bones and Storm of the Century. He writes (if this is a copyright infingement, let me know):

"Whatever the reasons, the trade paperback edition stormed onto the paperback charts on February 21st at #15 (a limited hardcover, published exclusively through the Book of the Month Club Press, was not distributed widely enough to hit the charts)."

(emphasis is mine)

I don't see anything on this site about it. The statement is a little vague whether he is talking about SotC or BoB, but I believe it to be SotC. So far in general the book hasn't discussed limited or BotMC editons much. Does anyone know any info on this edition? Is it considered collectible? Not sure if the use of the word "limited" is to reflected a "limited edition" or just a low print run standard book.

Perhaps he is just trying to point out that the only hardcover version of SotC was by BotMC and its print run was too small to hit the charts?

There was in fact a hardcover BOMC edition of SoTC published. No idea the print run, but it certainly was less that the Trade Paperback 1st edition. No price (of course) listed on the hardback, and ISBN on back of DJ is different (0-965-79693-0) Rear cover of hardback shows an often used photo head-shot of SK, and base of spine on DJ says BOMC.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

There's the flyer and the book.
    Original price $19.95.

https://i.imgur.com/0VBP3VU.jpg
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks all, so nothing I need to get for my collection!
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got a full set of Castle Rock newsletters.... damm nice shape.... anyone have a GUESS what you would ask for these all?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I got a full set of Castle Rock newsletters.... damm nice shape.... anyone have a GUESS what you would ask for these all?
    A guy on ABEBooks is selling copies for $17 each.

There's a set of 19 issues on eBay for $650

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    A guy on ABEBooks is selling copies for $17 each.

There's a set of 19 issues on eBay for $650
    I would sell these for $300.. It was me and Ari's thoughts. Thanks Bev
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I sold mine for £300 (GBP) a year ago.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    I was gifted 3 of the limited edition Glenn Chadbourne covers - freaking amazing! Any insight to the gold foil seal on two of them? Previous owner preference?

Dave at Overlook had these made to use as seals on the COE he gave away with each of the 'limited ediiton' covers done by Glenn. I think he had A LOT made as he also used them on the books wrapping materials to hold the wrapping together.

They always remind me of the Cujo images on the limited edition of that book...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

If the newsletters are in "damn nice shape," then offer them at $500-$550. A full set for $300 seems like a steal these days!

Best,
    John

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    They always remind me of the Cujo images on the limited edition of that book...
    They did manage to create a single image that simultaneously looks a bit like Chadbourne, Cujo - and Shakespeare.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anybody has a list of the "limited editions" (ps publishing, centipede and I think that's all?) released this past year?

In theory i can think of :
    - Fairy Tale : real SL by Hodder, discussable Scribner limited version
    - PS Publishing : were the last one "The Dead Zone" (recieved in 2021/2022?), and "Cujo" (recieved in 2022?) ? I know that the next one is officially "Different Seasons" that Pete mentionned a couple of weeks ago in a newsletter. Kind of remember hearing about a 112263 they were working on, i think, but there is no official public info about it, right?
    - Centipede : The Long Walk

Am I missing anything?

Thanks
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Does anybody has a list of the "limited editions" (ps publishing, centipede and I think that's all?) released this past year?

In theory i can think of :
    - Fairy Tale : real SL by Hodder, discussable Scribner limited version
    - PS Publishing : were the last one "The Dead Zone" (recieved in 2021/2022?), and "Cujo" (recieved in 2022?) ? I know that the next one is officially "Different Seasons" that Pete mentionned a couple of weeks ago in a newsletter. Kind of remember hearing about a 112263 they were working on, i think, but there is no official public info about it, right?
    - Centipede : The Long Walk

Am I missing anything?

Thanks
    We have a list, but it doesn't include unsigned King limited edition books.

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...igned+Limiteds

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Needful Things by PS - Got mine in Nov. 22
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Needful Things by PS - Got mine in Nov. 22
    Signed by King?

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No, but was that the question? A Long Walk wasn't signed by King.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's why it isn't on the chronological list of King signed books.

I'm just trying to make sure our list isn't missing anything.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks both of you

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    That's why it isn't on the chronological list of King signed books.

I'm just trying to make sure our list isn't missing anything.
    Signed PS Lettered Needful Things will be the next one for the list when it is released in Nov/Dec.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope I've posted this question in the right place. Seems like it.

I have purchased or received dust jackets throughout the years. I bought a dust jacket for TLSOE and The Dark Tower Volume: 4 Wizard and Glass 1st Grant edition, through Grant Books. I've also received a dust jacket for the signed numbered limited edition of The Shining, published by Subterranean Press, from the publisher.

Here is my question: Will the cardboard tubes they come in/and what looks like shiny paper that turns yellow over time harm the dust jackets themselves? I know that the dust jackets are acid free, but what they wrap them in is not.

I know the easy answer is to open the tube, pull out the dust jacket, and find out for myself. However, all of my books and dust jackets are in air-condition, archival storage, offsite. I would have to drive an hour there and an hour back to find out.

Any insight would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

They should remain stable for many years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 566 of 567 FirstFirst ... 66 466 516 556 564 565 566 567 LastLast