Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 565 of 567 FirstFirst ... 65 465 515 555 563 564 565 566 567 LastLast
Results 14,101 to 14,125 of 14171

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Can someone help me with Glenn Chadbourne contact info for remarques? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    Check your messages. I sent you the email I used a few years back. Hope it still works.

Traveler Knocker Tom is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone.

I have a question about my Putnam HC copy of The Tommyknockers: It has "Permission to Come", but no number line. What does this mean? I think I learned about the meaning of Permission to Come, but it always seems (browsing through Google and eBay) to be accompanied by a number line. I think PtC means it MUST be a first edition, because as I understand it, only first editions had this line in it (by mistake), but the lack of a number line puzzles me. It is signed (dated 1988), and in a very fine condition and it came in a protective sleeve, so I'm quite curious about this. (Obtained through fortune/dumb luck for $12 from a very big reseller)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It likely is a Book Club Edition. Does it have a DJ, and if so, what if any price is on the DJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It likely is a Book Club Edition. Does it have a DJ, and if so, what if any price is on the DJ?
    Yes, it has a DJ (with a protective sleeve wrapped around it) and a price on the inside.
    I made some photos. Maybe someone can also authenticate the signature.
    https://imgur.com/a/wwOlrBa (4 photos)

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Can someone help me with Glenn Chadbourne contact info for remarques? Thanks.

Check your messages. I sent you the email I used a few years back. Hope it still works.
    Got it. Thanks a lot.

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Knocker Tom View Post
    Hello everyone.

I have a question about my Putnam HC copy of The Tommyknockers: It has "Permission to Come", but no number line. What does this mean? I think I learned about the meaning of Permission to Come, but it always seems (browsing through Google and eBay) to be accompanied by a number line. I think PtC means it MUST be a first edition, because as I understand it, only first editions had this line in it (by mistake), but the lack of a number line puzzles me. It is signed (dated 1988), and in a very fine condition and it came in a protective sleeve, so I'm quite curious about this. (Obtained through fortune/dumb luck for $12 from a very big reseller)
    I have some notes that there were two simultaneous DJ releases with one in Gold and one in Red. My guess is one you ask about is in RED?

Beahm Book all notes: "permissions to come" deleted in second state.

Also: I like the signature.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Yep this is one with red letters.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

My THE TOMMYKNOCKERS with the gold lettering has the full number line with Permissions to Come beneath it
    My THE TOMMYKNOCKERS with the red lettering has only the full number line
    My THE TOMMYKNOCLERS proof, with gold lettering has the full number line with Permissions to Come beneath it
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    My THE TOMMYKNOCKERS with the gold lettering has the full number line with Permissions to Come beneath it
    My THE TOMMYKNOCKERS with the red lettering has only the full number line
    My THE TOMMYKNOCLERS proof, with gold lettering has the full number line with Permissions to Come beneath it

I also have the red lettering and it only has the number line.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. The first edition has green endpapers.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Thanks for the answers. But now I'm even more curious. Is there something else to distinguish a book club edition from an "ordinary" edition? Different endpaper, and the omission of a number line seems quite obscure. The ones I own can be easily identified, some clearly state on the CP they're book club, or have numbers like "CN 1234", branding like "Guild Publishing", no price, some have a smaller size, etc. This one is full size, has a price, an ISBN identical to the normal hardcover edition, and the "Putnam" name everywhere. A few more photos which may be helpful: https://imgur.com/a/vIBmQDJ

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Those photos are identical to my red lettering THE TOMMYKNOCKERS that I bought at B. Dalton Bookseller on 11/13/87 at 12:05 PM for the discounted price of $14.95, for which I paid $20.00 cash.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

What do you think is a good price for a numbered or PC Sins of the Fathers ?

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    What do you think is a good price for a numbered or PC Sins of the Fathers ?
    One sold recently on Facebook for $595

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I recently came across several of the red leather books. I know some were harder to find than others, but don’t recall which ones those were. Does anyone know which books were rarer?

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I recently came across several of the red leather books. I know some were harder to find than others, but don’t recall which ones those were. Does anyone know which books were rarer?
    *Storm of the Century
    *On Writing

There are a few others, for sure, but those two, historically, are fairly sought-after.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Great to know. Thanks!

Along the Path of the Beam HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about

This might be helpful. From memory when I was collecting them, there about 7 which are impossible to find. I can't recall which, but I think they are the more recent ones.
    https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...eather+library
    Last edited by HumphreyBBear; 09-11-2022 at 07:28 PM. Reason: mistake

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know if this article was published in the paper version of the newspaper? It has comments by SK:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/06/b...sultPosition=1
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's not from ebay so I guess here is ok? I keep getting sales notices from this book store and altho I really wouldn't know a real one this just looks weird.

Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Anybody ever buy one or more of these?
    Is this legit?

https://www.ebay.com/str/lissomearts...75.m3561.l2563

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is this legit?

Sure seems legit. Quality looks nice, but their is no indication what printing the books are. That would lead me to guess that the books, whether they are USA or UK editions, are not true first edition first printing page blocks.

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is this legit?

Sure seems legit. Quality looks nice, but their is no indication what printing the books are. That would lead me to guess that the books, whether they are USA or UK editions, are not true first edition first printing page blocks.
    The listings say the text block is from a quality paperback direct from publishers so more than likely they are recent paperback printings.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thus not worth much to a Collector.

Citizen of Gilead Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi all. Thoughts on this signature? Thumbs up, thumbs down?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 565 of 567 FirstFirst ... 65 465 515 555 563 564 565 566 567 LastLast